PDA

View Full Version : 24 :series 1,2 & 3 on dvd

the 12 th man
15/02/2005, 2:16 PM
i just got a loan of em and just wondering are they worth the effort/time to watch them as i've never seen an episode of it.?

Karlos
15/02/2005, 2:30 PM
yes, must watch! I'm currently on series 3 at the moment. Was sceptical at the start but three episodes into series one I was hooked. Really enjoyable, leaves you wanting to find out what happens in the next episode. Great cast and Elisha Cuthbert is a real cutie, particulary in series one! :D

Macy
15/02/2005, 2:32 PM
i just got a loan of em and just wondering are they worth the effort/time to watch them as i've never seen an episode of it.?
Certainly Day 1 and Day 2. Tailed off for Day 3....

In one of my sadder moments I was going to stay up and watch Day 1 straight through.... :)

holidaysong
15/02/2005, 2:54 PM
I've seen one episode and thought it was gack

Karlos
15/02/2005, 2:55 PM
In one of my sadder moments I was going to stay up and watch Day 1 straight through.... :)

Man, I knew you were sad but not THAT sad!! :D

Have actually thought about doing that myself, I think it works out as 18 hours overall (45 mins per episode!). It's on my 'to-do-list' with the 3 extended versions of Lord of the Rings in one day! :eek:

tiktok
15/02/2005, 3:04 PM
Well worth it IMO, especially Series 1 and 2.

Macy
15/02/2005, 3:11 PM
It's on my 'to-do-list' with the 3 extended versions of Lord of the Rings in one day! :eek:
Was actually thinking of doing that myself - never seen the films, or read the books (started and hated the hobbit when I was a kid), so thought I could get them over with in one day.

Longfordian
16/02/2005, 12:28 AM
LOTR Books>Films, IMO,though the films are really good overall..You'll either like the whole theme or not really, though it is possible to appreciate the lifetime of work that went into the books without being mad into it I suppose.

Schumi
16/02/2005, 10:23 AM
never seen the films, or read the books (started and hated the hobbit when I was a kid)
LOTR is much better than The Hobbit. I read The Hobbit after LOTR and found it much too childish for my liking.

Macy
16/02/2005, 10:39 AM
LOTR is much better than The Hobbit. I read The Hobbit after LOTR and found it much too childish for my liking.
Rarely do fiction books tbh, stick to non-fiction in the most part. Haven't had the interest to watch the films, so ain't going to start the books. It was the whole writing style I hated in the Hobbit, suppose it's one of those things about having to read certain books at school....

$Leon$
16/02/2005, 12:21 PM
got about a third of the way through the hobbit in scholl couldn't force myself to read any more of it. when to see the first film in the cinema. never been so let down by a film

pete
16/02/2005, 8:32 PM
LOTR 3 should have been cut at 2 hours. Last hour spoilt the trilogy.

We read The Hobbit in primary school.