PDA

View Full Version : Who will you play first???

Pages : [1] 2

KR's Post
15/02/2005, 10:00 AM
A little prediction tingy here, just for the laugh.... Who do you think you will play first? And then compare them to the real ones that hopefully come out on Saturday....

Longford v Bray.
Go for it................ ;)

Terry
15/02/2005, 10:02 AM
Kilkenny v GUFC

Ash
15/02/2005, 10:02 AM
I reckon we'll kick off the season with a home tie to either
Monaghan or Limerick

Neish
15/02/2005, 10:10 AM
I'll tell ya Saturday, well mayb

Colm
15/02/2005, 10:11 AM
Well we've been at home on the first day for the last 3 seasons so I think we'll get an away game this year. I think a nice trip to Waterford with a big support would be the job. Although for some reason I have a gut feeling we'll be away to either Bohs or Pats!

patsh
15/02/2005, 10:15 AM
Although for some reason I have a gut feeling we'll be away to either Bohs or Pats!
I have a feeling it could be Drogs away!

Gareth
15/02/2005, 10:19 AM
Away to Waterford. If not waterford, away to Finn Harps.

Slash/ED
15/02/2005, 10:27 AM
Away to Bohs :D

Bluebeard
15/02/2005, 10:31 AM
WUFC vs UCD

Colm
15/02/2005, 10:37 AM
WUFC vs UCD

Should be a bumper crowd at the RSC for that one! :rolleyes:

tiktok
15/02/2005, 10:39 AM
We'll be in Dublin i reckon, away to Pat's / Bohs

Cosmo
15/02/2005, 10:45 AM
Away to shels - with so many suspensions for our first match we may aswel get the hardest one out of the way ;)

Mark Breen
15/02/2005, 10:53 AM
I Think it's be Shels -v- U.C.D. :confused:

Bald Student
15/02/2005, 10:55 AM
I Think it's be Shels -v- U.C.D.Sorry, it'll be Bray -v- UCD. A nice bumper away win to start the league again.

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 10:59 AM
We were away to shels last year so i am goona go for finn harps at home but i would love pats in richmond and a few pints in the horse and jockey....fond memories!!!

Would usually go for bohs but f**kin sick havin to play at dalyer this year, think all our games against them are at tolka this year

Bluebeard
15/02/2005, 11:03 AM
Should be a bumper crowd at the RSC for that one! :rolleyes:
Yup, tell me about it :(
Blues v Cork would be the ideal way to kick the year off, though. Good travelling support, local interest flighted up a bit and generally a good exciting match with both teams looking for a good start to the year.

What odds on the one hame match against Cork having to be refixed for mid- week or on the same weekend as the Munster Hurling Final :rolleyes:

De Town
15/02/2005, 11:06 AM
I reckon we'll get Derry at home

Mark Breen
15/02/2005, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't mind playin you lot on the first day again tallaghtfornia, What was it last year 1-0 to us are summit like that think it was Jason Byrne who got it.

harpskid
15/02/2005, 11:08 AM
I reckon either away to Shels :eek: or away to Drogheda

I'm hoping that we kick off with a home game though!

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't mind playin you lot on the first day again tallaghtfornia, What was it last year 1-0 to us are summit like that think it was Jason Byrne who got it.

correct mark but i think that game was sh*t, rather watch shels v rovers when everyone is up to speed,much better games as we seen last season,fist day game last year was bit of an anti climax

Roo69
15/02/2005, 11:22 AM
At home to St. Pats

Mr_T
15/02/2005, 11:44 AM
I hope we are away to Cork in the first game, cause i mistimed booking me holidays and won't be back from US till the 24th..... :mad:

So sorry Harpskid and the rest of yous, but anybody away would do me as I don't wanna miss the first Prem game back at FP.

TG

harpskid
15/02/2005, 11:51 AM
I hope we are away to Cork in the first game, cause i mistimed booking me holidays and won't be back from US till the 24th..... :mad:

So sorry Harpskid and the rest of yous, but anybody away would do me as I don't wanna miss the first Prem game back at FP.

TG

Ah Trevor :eek: I'm disappointed man! I hope the away trip to Cork is on a bank holiday weekend :D

Away to Derry would be an interesting way to start :eek:

BohDiddley
15/02/2005, 11:55 AM
Away to Bohs :D
Every Bohemian's dream.
Will yiz be bringin' any fans? ;)

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 12:07 PM
in fairness to shels there numbers are growin.
i am not tryin to be funny but is what is the story with the bohs numbers droppin?i noticed it at dalyer last year when there was a lot of empty seats in the jodi when we played yiz and very empty when i have seen highlights on eircom league weekly.

Are fans gettin fed up with the problems at the club

joey B
15/02/2005, 12:07 PM
FHFC V WUFC.

Buile Shuibhne
15/02/2005, 12:09 PM
The defending league champions always kick-off the new season with a home game.

With the furore over Crowe, Hawkins & Ryan signing for Shels, a visit by Bohs would make for a bumper crowd & an 'interesting' atmosphere :eek:

martin_rules_ie
15/02/2005, 12:11 PM
at home to to longford

Schumi
15/02/2005, 12:15 PM
Bohs away I'd say. Hopefully Bray at home if only to guarantee only 1 visit to Bray. :D

KR's Post
15/02/2005, 12:19 PM
Bohs away I'd say. Hopefully Bray at home if only to guarantee only 1 visit to Bray. :D
Thats a bit harsh.... You bringing up this kid tingy again?????

De Town
15/02/2005, 12:20 PM
at home to to longford
yeah i'd like that myself. would that be played on the friday night if it did happen??

Schumi
15/02/2005, 12:22 PM
Thats a bit harsh.... You bringing up this kid tingy again?????
No, I just don't like the town (suburb ;) ) and the cold there is something I can do without.

Longfordian
15/02/2005, 12:24 PM
Crumlin United at home.. :( ..Ah no I'll go for Harps in Flancare

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 12:24 PM
The defending league champions always kick-off the new season with a home game.

With the furore over Crowe, Hawkins & Ryan signing for Shels, a visit by Bohs would make for a bumper crowd & an 'interesting' atmosphere :eek:

there would b a big crowd there but the 'interesting' atmosphere you are going on about will consist of shels fans in fear of bohs trouble and bohs fans huffing and puffing out of them... something in nothing.

i am sayin this as a rovers fan who has heard it numerous times from bohs and shels fans i know very well,

would be on live once rte or tv3 know that the league is startin, neither give a toss

pineapple stu
15/02/2005, 12:31 PM
Bohs away is fairly traditional for us (last season apart! :mad: )

Schumi
15/02/2005, 12:36 PM
Bohs away is fairly traditional for us (last season apart! :mad: )
As is a one goal defeat :mad: (last season apart! :D )

Gareth
15/02/2005, 12:43 PM
"Interesting Atmosphere" re the fact that how the fans would respond to the players now with shels I would of thought. Rather than assume the suggetsion of underlining trouble or lack there of it! There can be an interesting atmosphere without a threat however "huff and puff" it is!

I think it would be a good opening to the league.

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 12:48 PM
I think it would be a good opening to the league.[/QUOTE]

Fully agree with u gareth,maybe i took fintan up the wrong way but as i have already said this is the atmosphere that has been explained to me by SHELS and BOHS fans

Schumi
15/02/2005, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Shels and Bohs playing each other on the first weekend. I doubt that Cork v Pats on the first weekend was a fluke when Dolan had just moved.

Mr_T
15/02/2005, 1:01 PM
Ah Trevor :eek: I'm disappointed man! I hope the away trip to Cork is on a bank holiday weekend :D

Away to Derry would be an interesting way to start :eek:

actually, with my finance head on me, hope we're only away to Cork once, so Drogs or Longford away will be my dream start, with Derry, Shels or Cork at Finn Park in the second game.

Caleb
15/02/2005, 1:05 PM
Bohs V Shels - perfect for the tV :D

De Town
15/02/2005, 1:06 PM
Bohs V Shels - perfect for the tV :D
Hope your not expecting anyone to show too many games now are you. Especially the first 1!!!

Clones Road Cas
15/02/2005, 1:11 PM
Would love an easy trip to dundalk

will probably end up getting hammered by Dublin City or trekking to Spike island

Gareth
15/02/2005, 1:36 PM
Tallaghtfornia, awh yeah, well the Bohs vs Shels games are fine. You get the usual heads pointing at each other making shapes but that is generally the case in any game. I sit in the wrong place to even notice the Bohs fans. However when I go to Dalyer I tend to be in the main stand and often end up beside a number of Bohs lads, and theres no bother. We are both there to cheer on a team, only the moron fans have a problem with sitting beside your opposition fans without feeling the need to kill them!!

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 1:48 PM
shels fans are grand, rovers have no probs with u lot whatsoever but bohs are a different story, they are famed 4 throwin shapes and pointin but their finest quality has to b running!!!

they mouth and when it is put up to them they are nowhere 2 be seen,many times they have been seen runnin from doyles corner or most recently the clonliffe house.

best of luck 4 the new season gareth

Gareth
15/02/2005, 2:25 PM
Yeah Likewise, what I am hoping for most out of the season is a good solid performance by all teams in europe. I know most people have a disliking for shels over the last while, but in europe I hope differences will be put aside again and we support each other. Likewise Cork hopefully will build upon the tremendous run in the Toto last year. Such a shame all that work meant nada in relation to the UEFA co-effiecent.

Plus hopefully we can have a silly-issues free season!! Good luck in the coming season Tallaghtfornia! :)

BobtheDrog
15/02/2005, 3:07 PM
Drogs vs longford, united park

KR's Post
15/02/2005, 3:17 PM
No, I just don't like the town (suburb ;) ) and the cold there is something I can do without.
Oh come on the cold, ye i agree but the Town is fine. And we are NOT a Dublin suburb................... ;)

corkharps
15/02/2005, 3:31 PM

TG

Aye away to Cork will do nicely! :D

Neish
15/02/2005, 3:48 PM
Actually hope for an away game in Dublin on the friday or saturday night as I'm flying out for a two-week Hloiday in Chin on Sunday March 20th