PDA

View Full Version : General betting tips (Bundesliga)

Closed Account 2
15/02/2005, 1:07 AM
I always like to have a small bet around this time of the year as all the leagues start hotting up (and the CL and Uefa Cup get narrowed down too) and it makes it more exciting to follow the competitions. Of all the main leagues at the moment I feel the German one is the best from a betting point of view.

After 21 matches.
-----------------------Points--------Goal Diff
Bayern München--------41------------16
Schalke 04-------------41------------7
W. Bremen-------------37------------20
Hertha Berlin-----------36------------17
Stuttgart--------------35------------11
Leverkusen------------35------------10
Hamburg SV-----------34------------6

Top 2 CL Groups automatically, 3rd place goes into CL qualifiers.

If your a betting man, Hertha might be a good punt. Theyre coming into a nice run of form and dont have the distractions the others have in terms of Europe. Bayern were on a decent run until this w/end, hadnt conceeded a goal for ages, but then lost to lowley Armenia Bielefeld. Bayern, Leverkusen and Werder are in the CL, and all have ties which they might win (Arsenal, Liverpool and Lyon). Stuttgart have Parma and Schalke have Shakhtar Donestk in the UEFA. Dont think Hamburg quite have enough in their squad to make up the ground. Btw, Dortmund are in all sorts of trouble financially (might be liquidated next season due to debt) and on 28 points this season (lower-mid table).

If your looking to double up bets, I'd suggest Real Madrid for La Liga. Reason being again mainly down to their form post Winter break (theyve won 7 on the bounce I think). Theyre 4 points behind Barca (50 to 54pts), and goal difference isnt big (Real are 4 less). There is a 9 point gap from 2nd to the 3rd team (Sevilla, who Barca thrashed in Seville the other week) so I think its a 2 horse race. Barca's form has been a bit glitchy, lost at home to Atletico Madrid so I think they could well drop a few more points. Both face potential banana skins in away fixtures is at Depor and to a lesser extent Valencia, but the key match could well be Real v Barca in Madrid, and I think Real will be out for revenge and win that match, and with it La Liga.

Other good leagues to bet on are the Portuguese where you get good odds as its very open (Sporting Lisb, Benfica, Porto, Braga and Boavista all in with a good chance). I'd tip Benfica for that but really it could be anyone. I'd hold off betting on the Italian league as both Juve and Milan are in similar form, the odds arent great and theyve both tricky fixtures between now and the end of Feb (eg Juve at Roma, and the Milan derby). French league looks like its Lyon's too.

Anyway anyone else have any tips for the rest of this footie season...?