PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Carr

sadloserkid
14/02/2005, 3:30 PM
All of a sudden the move from Newcastle to Spurs is looking a bit less clever. Though I don't think many could have anticipated that. Discuss.

SÓC
14/02/2005, 3:33 PM
Discuss.

What is this a leaving cert paper:D

Carr never will be the player he was before the injury. I'd put Finnan, S.Kelly, O'Shea and even Dunne ahead of him now

eirebhoy
14/02/2005, 3:45 PM
I'm delighted. One of our best prospects and the captain of our U-21's is now first choice right back at Spurs. We've now 3 right backs playing first team football at top half premiership clubs. :)

BTW, certainly wouldn't agree with SOC. This probably means very little but Finnan (who I rate very highly) started at right back against Turkey. It was the first time Carr didn't start for us under Kerr (he was on the bench) and both Turkey's goals came from crosses from the left flank, our right flank. It was the first time we conceded 2 goals under Kerr. Ironically, our two assists in that game were from Finnan and Carr. :) Carr has more assists than anyone else under Kerr bar Duffer with 3 and hasn't really done anything wrong defensively from what I can remember. Has had his hiccups but nothing costly AFAIR.

drummerboy
14/02/2005, 3:49 PM
I think Carr is getting back to his best. I was really delighted to see Stephen Kelly doing so well for Spurs. He still faces a battle there to keep his place but at least Jol is giving him a chance to stake a place.

Closed Account 2
14/02/2005, 3:56 PM
yeah this weekend he got the pen which Robbie put away vs West Brom didnt he ?

Slash/ED
14/02/2005, 5:44 PM
Carr is an over-hyped arrogant little p rick. I hope Stephen Kelly nails down that right-back slot and Carr sits on his hole for the next 18 months. Remember this Stevie Carr next time somebody with an Irish accent tries to say hello to ya after a match. Dick. :mad:

Yeah lets drop him because he didn't say hello to you.

Carr has looked back to his best this season imo and the move has done him the world of good, if only just to give him a bit of a kick up the arse. It has also opened the door for Kelly.

carnstien
14/02/2005, 6:33 PM
Carr is an over-hyped arrogant little p rick. I hope Stephen Kelly nails down that right-back slot and Carr sits on his hole for the next 18 months. Remember this Stevie Carr next time somebody with an Irish accent tries to say hello to ya after a match. Dick. :mad:
This is a heap of sh!te. Reminds me of the Roy Keane situation. You don't like the man personally, therefor he should not play for us. Give me a break. What matters is what he can contribute on the pitch, which in Carr's case is still a hell of a lot.

Condex
14/02/2005, 8:33 PM
This is a heap of sh!te. Reminds me of the Roy Keane situation. You don't like the man personally, therefor he should not play for us. Give me a break. What matters is what he can contribute on the pitch, which in Carr's case is still a hell of a lot.

Agree, I like watching Ireland play but I definetly do'nt want to speak to any of the players, apart from O'Shea who seems quite articulate I'd say a lot of the rest of them haven't got many brain cells to spare.

eirebhoy
18/02/2005, 7:05 PM
Sorry to let personal preferences colour my judgement there lads. It really had to be seen to be believed. But hey, this is football after all. You can do anything you want to anyone, but so long as you can kick a ball you're a great skin altogether. Some of us just expect a tiny bit more, that's all.
Nobody questioned whether he was a good lad or not though...

Carr set up Newcastle's second goal last night with a decent cross. Finnan hasn't even got one assists this season and he played most of the first half on the right wing. Still can't split them on the defensive side but Carr is definitely my first choice because of the amount of goals he's involved in.

Eirambler
18/02/2005, 7:36 PM
Carr, O'Brien and Given all played very well in that game last night. The 3 of them spent most of the night covering for Bramble who was really really shocking.

tricky_colour
19/02/2005, 4:10 PM
I though Carr got some good crosses in, he looked an asset going forward
on the right (except when he got disposessed once), impressed me.

Paris04
22/02/2005, 3:13 PM
Sorry to let personal preferences colour my judgement there lads. It really had to be seen to be believed. But hey, this is football after all. You can do anything you want to anyone, but so long as you can kick a ball you're a great skin altogether. Some of us just expect a tiny bit more, that's all.

A mate of mine had a similar incident with Carr. An absolute ***** by all accounts. Too good to talk to fans or even give the most basic of comments to the media.

NeilMcD
22/02/2005, 4:24 PM
What difference does it make, Footballers are meant to be good on the pitch and thats all. I could not care if he is a ****** or a ***** or whatever. It is his from at international and club level that should dictate whether he plays for Ireland or not. Too many people like personal differences get in the way of their view on footballers. Classic examples are people saying rooneys is not that good as is a fat little knacker from LIverpool, or Beckham is not that good as hie is a poncy little **** from london. or Keane is overated as he is just a cork thug.

THe facts are if you think a player is ****, or overated back it up with facts i.e. sloppy passing, giving the ball away, hiding in matches etc.

Not he is a ****** etc. Who cares about personal opinions of players but insights into a guys footballing ability are worth discussing.