PDA

View Full Version : lights arrive at X

The Donie Forde
01/02/2002, 9:27 AM
they were delivered earlier this week but the bad weather is preventing any work

Donie

Éanna
01/02/2002, 10:16 AM
good good! well done city! hope i get to see them before i go :rolleyes:

pete
01/02/2002, 10:52 AM
Will there be a lighting up cerimony?

So these are definitely the ones from Bishopstown?

Once they start work should take more than a week or 2 max.? I prsume theres room at the St Annes end to get the crane in?

Gary
01/02/2002, 11:15 AM
It'll be great having lights, but I would still prefer we play on Sunday afternoons. In fact Id prefer if ALL eL teams played on Sunday afternoons. It would ake things so much easier for travelling supporters.

Schumi
01/02/2002, 1:45 PM
I'm with you there, please don't start playing on Friday nights or something.

pete
01/02/2002, 2:33 PM
We've discussed this before but a lot of people seem to want the evening games (either friday or saturday). Didn't 451 run an SMS poll or something?

Personally i'd prefer all teams play on saturday afternoon (little competition during the summer). Since the league is really trying to attract some of the people drawn towards football since the Premiership started then we would taking up that saturday afternoon place in peoples minds & the media.
Should move live games to fridays so no other eL game clashing with.

Does anyone know what the clubs thinking is on evening football? Can anyone remember whether Bishopstown did better at night or on sundays?

James
01/02/2002, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by pete

Does anyone know what the clubs thinking is on evening football?

now theres 2 words i never thought i'd hear in the same sentence
lol, :D maybe i should move this to the humour section

Jim Smith
01/02/2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by James

now theres 2 words i never thought i'd hear in the same sentence
Maybe the've seen the lights and changed their ways :D

joe
02/02/2002, 12:00 PM
just popped out for a look - it appears that the lights themselves have been moved, but at least 3 of the 4 poles are still out there, lying on the ground (they are separated into 3 sections).

Éanna
02/02/2002, 4:00 PM
i was out at the cross on friday to check the pitch and there is digging going on down in the corner by the shed, so the corner boys might get a bit muddy:D
good to see work has started!

niamh
02/02/2002, 4:02 PM
Is there light at the end of the tunnel? Good news about the floodlights but I'm not saying anything more until there are actually up...that might take several weeks/months yet by City's record for activity.

Zedi
02/02/2002, 8:10 PM
Great to see somthing happening at last, but with summer soccer coming in they might be as useful as balls on the pope! But it would be good to see mid-week football, or Friday nite, whichever! ;)

rebel yell
03/02/2002, 7:36 AM
Surely City should arrange a friendly to inaugurate the lights. Perhaps Leicester could come over on the cheap for their relegation party. The point is if you start with a bit of fanfare, you
might people interested in going to the X again, which is half the
battle. Perhaps we should begin with Rovers or Shels under lights an 8pm kick-off - or even better 9 PM to make them stay in our lovely city overnight or else get home half-knackered.

Peadar
03/02/2002, 7:49 AM
Originally posted by rebel yell
Surely City should arrange a friendly to inaugurate the lights.

Did anyone see SixOne News yesterday? (Saturday)
They had a big thing (by RTÉ standards) about Con getting their lights in Temple Hill. I'd say that they're our lights and the rugger buggers knicked them!

Agreed though, we should make a big deal about it if they finally go in...

Éanna
03/02/2002, 9:59 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
I'd say that they're our lights and the rugger buggers knicked them!

No need for conspiracy theories :D

yan
03/02/2002, 10:52 AM
PICTURE IT SO LADS

FRIDAY NITE

CORK CITY VS SCUMBAG RVRS

THE LIGHTS SHINING BRITE

FLARES GOING OFF IN EVERY CORNER OF THE SHED

AND THE GOALS OLLIE SCORES AGAINST THEM

BRING ON FRI NITE FOOTBALL

OH NOT TO FORGET THE DRINK AFTERWARDS TOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pete
04/02/2002, 10:48 AM
I doubt we'll see those light sin before the end of the season as i think it'll take a bit longer to install them.

They'll have to build some sort of slab/foundation first with possibily the first section attacted to & will surely need at least a week for each to settle.

Once the foundations have been spotted then the poles won't be far away.

Peadar
04/02/2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by pete
I doubt we'll see those light sin before the end of the season as i think it'll take a bit longer to install them.

Once the foundations have been spotted then the poles won't be far away.

The lights are at the Cross, under plastic at the back of the St Annes end. The wiring is done and the mini digger is still there to dig the holes for the foundations.
I took a picture of the lights and Colin O'Brien (the original) just in case people have doubts about the presence of either at Turners Cross yesterday!

Éanna
04/02/2002, 7:07 PM
I took a picture of the lights and Colin O'Brien (the original) just in case people have doubts about the presence of either at Turners Cross yesterday!
which of them will still be there next season I wonder :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
05/02/2002, 3:31 PM
Also (& Im not positive about this one), I think that you have to get a cert before you can play under lights, to insrure that there is back up lighting, lights in the stands & toilets etc. This work will take more time to do than put up 4 poles!

How the Carlile Grounds manage it I will never know.

It will be next season before we get Summer Night Soccer.

niamh
05/02/2002, 3:33 PM

The lights are at the Cross, under plastic at the back of the St Annes end. The wiring is done and the mini digger is still there to dig the holes for the foundations.

Any chance of us seeing those then???

ccfcman
09/02/2002, 6:28 PM
now that well have lights itll highlight how shiite hartigan and namley MURPHY(you turd) are