PDA

View Full Version : Table for Thursday night ...

Patrick Dunne
14/02/2005, 11:46 AM
Galway United Supporters Trust are organising a table for the clubs corporate dinner on Thursday night in the Radisson SAS Hotel. The event commences at 8.00pm and includes a four-course dinner with complimentary wine. The after dinner speaker will be Bob "The Cat" Bevan, one of footballs finest after dinner speakers.

A tabe of ten costs E1,000. GUST will be subsidising the cost of tickets at the supporters table. For further details, contact Ronan at (087) 6972823.

This is an important fundraiser for our club, your support would be appreciated.

galwaygirl
18/02/2005, 11:28 AM
great nite last nite, Bob "The Cat" Bevan was brilliant.

Terry
18/02/2005, 12:47 PM
great nite last nite, Bob "The Cat" Bevan was brilliant.

Was it a sell out?

Was there any players at it, new or old?

galwaygirl
18/02/2005, 1:28 PM
Was it a sell out?

Was there any players at it, new or old?

I think there was 38 tables.
Most of the current team were there alrite and a few old faces, Johnny Morris Burke, Jimmy Nolan and a few more oh and the infamous Jumbo Brennan :D

Terry
18/02/2005, 1:32 PM
38 x 1000 = a nice little profit!

galwaygirl
18/02/2005, 1:47 PM
38 x 1000 = a nice little profit!
ya but you have to remember they have to pay the Radisson for the meal and wine as well :(

but in saying that there was a raffle and auction there also so that brought in another couple of thousand. The auction consisted of a Man Utd. jersey signed by Keano, a Chelsea jersey signed by Duff and 2 U2 tickets

Terry
18/02/2005, 1:51 PM
ya but you have to remember they have to pay the Radisson for the meal and wine as well :(

but in saying that there was a raffle and auction there also so that brought in another couple of thousand. The auction consisted of a Man Utd. jersey signed by Keano, a Chelsea jersey signed by Duff and 2 U2 tickets

thats if they had to pay the radisson anything at all? remember they are our main sponsors so if we did have to pay something it would probably at a large discount. If you tell a hotel they want dinner for 380 people they would be willing to cut the price to get that many people in!

galwaygirl
18/02/2005, 2:41 PM
thats if they had to pay the radisson anything at all? remember they are our main sponsors so if we did have to pay something it would probably at a large discount. If you tell a hotel they want dinner for 380 people they would be willing to cut the price to get that many people in!

i know they definitely had to pay for it but i have no idea what the Radisson were charging per head.

But all in all, good nite, good turnout and sold a good few season tickets as well at it

Patrick Dunne
19/02/2005, 12:36 PM
A lot of additional revenue was taken in on the night, along with the revenue from the tables. These fundraisers are the way to go. Organisation from the GUFC point of view was very professional.

However, I was not impressed by the standard of food served. No choice, main course meagre enough. Would not recommend "The Rad" for a wedding.