PDA

View Full Version : Lansdowne facilities worse than eL clubs?

pete
14/02/2005, 11:15 AM
Nothing new in saying Lansdowne is a kip but IMO some of the better eL grounds have better facilities. At least in eL gounds you'll get a seat or covered terrace.

MariborKev
14/02/2005, 11:19 AM
I know youse boys are hardly out of the City of Culture these days but it may have escaped your attention that there are two large stands in Lansdowne........

Colm
14/02/2005, 11:22 AM
The South Terrace the other night was one of the most uncomfortable and difficult places I've ever watched a match from.

corkharps
14/02/2005, 11:31 AM
When is Lansdown due to close? Is there any definate date?

pete
14/02/2005, 11:45 AM
The South Terrace the other night was one of the most uncomfortable and difficult places I've ever watched a match from.

South Terrace is nasty. Been there twice & raining & windy both times. :(

Never been in West stand but the East one ain't up to much either. Lower part of East stand is a bit squashed & clostrophobic at the back. Top tier is good if near the front but long way from pitch at the top.

Colm
14/02/2005, 11:53 AM
South Terrace is nasty. Been there twice & raining & windy both times. :(

Never been in West stand but the East one ain't up to much either. Lower part of East stand is a bit squashed & clostrophobic at the back. Top tier is good if near the front but long way from pitch at the top.

I think the North Terrace when the temp seating is in is actually ok as long as it's dry.
I haven't been in the West Stand for years so can't really remember what it is like.
Was in the East Upper for Shels Depor and thought it was ok.
South Terrace is a disaster though imo and I hope not to have to watch a match from there again.

harpskid
14/02/2005, 11:59 AM
Both the terraces are crap, especially if the weather is bad although the North is grand when the temp. seating is put in place.

I've always found the west stand ok as well but can't comment on the East as i've never been in it

Gareth
14/02/2005, 12:05 PM
Large portions of the lower stands are very open to rain if its windy. I was soaked for the Depor game. Its a horrible place to watch a game from if you are in the stand with the dugouts and are in the first 20 seats and in the middle cos the dugouts completely block the view and you WILL get soaked if raining.