PDA

View Full Version : best away trip in the league?

Pages : 1 [2]

Éanna
16/02/2005, 12:27 PM
So just like EVERY other ground in the eircom league then ?
not just like them. like them, but worse :)

pineapple stu
16/02/2005, 12:27 PM
[Belfield has] a nice little stand. :p
:eek:

Interesting theory!

I'd put Belfield slightly above the Carlisle purely because

1) the jacks and
2) the fact that we don't have a corrugted iron cowshed spoiling one side of the ground.

Belfield's actually a tidy little ground, in fairness - though that's about all you can say for it! :) Hopefully when it's done up, it'll be better!

Cosmo
16/02/2005, 12:28 PM
Finn Harps by far the best!!

De Town
16/02/2005, 12:32 PM
Belfield's actually a tidy little ground, in fairness - though that's about all you can say for it! :) Hopefully when it's done up, it'll be better!
Yeah, for a 1st division team it is :D

NY Hoop
16/02/2005, 12:34 PM
Galway is the favourite. Super place, good fans. Derry on a overnight is great if they play ON A SATURDAY.

Cork is a great town but should be a saturday night where you would have more away support.

But of course every Hooper is looking forward to Finn Harps this season. Not much of a place but always great craic and great to see crowds at a game!

KOH

Schumi
16/02/2005, 12:36 PM
Harps and Longford are usually good crack. Haven't been to Galway in years but was good when I was there.

pineapple stu
16/02/2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah, for a 1st division team it is :D
Wouldn't know anything about that these days! ;)

anto eile
16/02/2005, 12:46 PM
finn harps. best away trip is ballybofey

corkharps
16/02/2005, 12:55 PM
Back in the good auld days of Winter football,we always seemed to be drawn away to Sligo on Stephen's/boxing day.Some great trips,always good (drunken) crowd without any hassle, unlike trips to other un named neighbours! ;)

fbtn
16/02/2005, 2:52 PM
Our supporters club have a club room now above our local, which we'll be using before games. The ground is only five minutes away.

We'll have sandwiches for any away fans that are about and look forward to having the banter like with the Longford fans last season before the League Cup Semi and the same with the Drogs the season before in the FAI Cup. A handful of Drogs enjoyed the 'local delights' so much they ended up staying the whole weekend partying with our lads.

harpskid
16/02/2005, 2:52 PM
I always liked trips to Galway and Drogheda myself.

Looking forward to a wee trip out the road to United Park this season :)

Schumi
16/02/2005, 2:54 PM
Our supporters club have a club room now above our local, which we'll be using before games. The ground is only five minutes away.

We'll have sandwiches for any away fans that are about and look forward to having the banter like with the Longford fans last season before the League Cup Semi and the same with the Drogs the season before in the FAI Cup. A handful of Drogs enjoyed the 'local delights' so much they ended up staying the whole weekend partying with our lads.
Excellent. :D That elevates Harps up to no. 1.

carrickharp
16/02/2005, 2:57 PM
This year i reckon worst away trip will be Harps or Derry, just becuase of the distance to travel

Hang on, what about the amount of times both these clubs have to travel down the country, our closest rivals are Derry next prob Drogs then Longford...

carrickharp
16/02/2005, 3:01 PM
I would say Galway is the best for an overnighter, looking foward to the Cork trip as the FHFC Dublin Suporters club are having an overnight trip down this season

corkharps
16/02/2005, 3:40 PM
I would say Galway is the best for an overnighter, looking foward to the Cork trip as the FHFC Dublin Suporters club are having an overnight trip down this season

I'll put the kettle on! :D

Roo69
16/02/2005, 3:45 PM
Hang on, what about the amount of times both these clubs have to travel down the country, our closest rivals are Derry next prob Drogs then Longford...

I'm not the worlds biggest fan of travelling so 5 hours in a car makes this MY worst trip. It's not because of the fans/town etc....

Cosmo
16/02/2005, 3:56 PM
'handful of Drogs enjoyed the 'local delights' so much they ended up staying the whole weekend partying with our lads.'

Indeed we did - got to a stage where we had a local that weekend ;)

'Looking forward to a wee trip out the road to United Park this season'

Its a pity where you have to come from though - hope you use plenty of disinfectant before coming down seen as you're up in craptown ;)

harpskid
16/02/2005, 4:02 PM
Indeed we did - got to a stage where we had a local that weekend ;)
Where was yer 'local' just out of curiosity :rolleyes:

Its a pity where you have to come from though - hope you use plenty of disinfectant before coming down seen as you're up in craptown ;)

Ah Dundalk's not that bad......

Well there's worse........I'm sure there is somewhere worse....

Or mebbe not :eek:

thecorner
17/02/2005, 12:00 AM
couldnt you have just posted here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=22018). couldnt be that hard to find on the same page :rolleyes:

cobh people and the internet..how do they manage it????

threads merged
Éanna

Sonic
17/02/2005, 5:22 PM

Great nite that was alrite capped off with a place in the final :D :ball:

NY Hoop
18/02/2005, 12:32 PM

Brilliant fair play to you. What's the name of the boozer? We'll know the fixtures tomorrow anyway...........

KOH

dortie
18/02/2005, 12:38 PM
I enjoy my 2 nights in Cork when we play them.

Also like Galway and Dublin if its an overnight.

dortie
18/02/2005, 12:42 PM
Galway is the favourite. Super place, good fans. Derry on a overnight is great if they play ON A SATURDAY.

KOH

Its going to be a Friday night this year, the dogs have moved nights. Great news for all us 9 to 5 workers :D Hated Thursdays myself !!

harpskid
18/02/2005, 3:54 PM
Brilliant fair play to you. What's the name of the boozer? We'll know the fixtures tomorrow anyway...........

KOH

Junction 15, Main Street, Ballybofey ;)

Cosmo
18/02/2005, 4:00 PM
Thats it - Junction 15 - can never remember the name.

Good spot :cool:

Mad Moose
18/02/2005, 4:08 PM
the dogs have moved

Great news for the dogs eh dortie

Brendan

wakenuppaddy
18/02/2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I heard dortie was the negotiator with the dogs. :eek:
I always like the trips to the Sligo showgrounds.