PDA

View Full Version : Mns 2017

Pages : 1 [2] 3

oriel
07/03/2017, 9:40 PM
I live just over the border, and blocked on my sky too, same as brendy eire, fine to watch on rte player, so no idea what happened. So is this confirmed it will be available next week on sky etc ? I usually record it and look forward to seeing it on Tuesday evening at a slightly more reasonable time of 9pm!

seand
09/03/2017, 7:45 AM
Funny enough it didn't record for me either this week, and I'm in Kildare.

DannyInvincible
13/03/2017, 10:58 PM
Peter Collins highlighted this evening that one quarter of Martin O'Neill's 39-man provisional international squad for the upcoming game against Wales have played in the League of Ireland. That's ten players by my count. Good to see.

El-Pietro
13/03/2017, 11:03 PM
He also said that the newspaper headline of the week was "Capital gains by Derry as they win in Dublin" (Or something similar). You'd swear it was the first pun he'd ever heard. Moron.

nigel-harps1954
13/03/2017, 11:05 PM
Peter Collins highlighted this evening that one quarter of Martin O'Neill's 39-man provisional international squad for the upcoming game against Wales have played in the League of Ireland. That's ten players by my count. Good to see.

11 of the 39 players by my count.

ToberonaTornado
13/03/2017, 11:11 PM
Was Alan Cawley calling for Limbo Buckleys head there? Delivery guy arrived with a curry just as the show was ending so only caught ..Buckley....trouble.....

ger121
13/03/2017, 11:13 PM
Maybe you have to make it to England before they get your name right in their articles. We've 2 Dinnys in the side supposedly. Cahill and Corocan.

sbgawa
13/03/2017, 11:15 PM
He was...kinda harsh / bizarre but he was slamin everything tonight. Even managed to have a big problem with 39 players in provisional squad.....sligo in big trouble.....pats even worse.....think he scratched his car on the bollard on the way into rte

SwanVsDalton
13/03/2017, 11:15 PM
Shouldn't have happened. Will be rectified from next week onwards.

Blocked again tonight.

sbgawa
13/03/2017, 11:16 PM
Maybe you have to make it to England before they get your name right in their articles. We've 2 Dinnys in the side supposedly. Cahill and Corocan.

Did they not say you had two dummys ? ��

ger121
13/03/2017, 11:30 PM

Did they not say you had two dummys ? ��

God knows what else they could have said but calling your striker Cahill in match report and changing it an hour later but then misspelling it. Think we know who the real dummys are.

sbgawa
13/03/2017, 11:45 PM
True enough..good win

DannyInvincible
14/03/2017, 12:20 AM
11 of the 39 players by my count.

Coleman, Ward, Boyle, McClean, Hoolahan, Meyler, Horgan, Long, Doyle and Murphy... Who's the eleventh?

Edit: Ah, I overlooked Matt Doherty, once of Bohs, although he never actually played a game for them in the league.

WeAreRovers
14/03/2017, 8:37 AM
Blocked again tonight.

Sky or Virgin? No issue at the RTÉ end that I'm aware of but we're looking into it this morning to confirm.

brendy_éire
14/03/2017, 11:23 AM
Sky or Virgin? No issue at the RTÉ end that I'm aware of but we're looking into it this morning to confirm.

I watched it on Sky, no issues.

SwanVsDalton
14/03/2017, 12:55 PM

BT. Saw some others with the same issue on Twitter though not sure of their provider.

WeAreRovers
15/03/2017, 11:32 AM
Cheers for the responses re Soccer Republic being blocked in NI. As far as I can determine everything has been done at RTÉ's end to ensure that it's available. If it's blocked next Monday it will be a case of viewers getting on to their platform providers directly to ask why.

nigel-harps1954
19/03/2017, 8:36 PM
That time slot for the FAI awards tonight is the perfect time for Soccer Republic. 8-9:30 on a Sunday night right before the GAA show would be perfect.

littlebray
20/03/2017, 11:52 AM
Dream on ...

Ezeikial
20/03/2017, 2:25 PM
I eagerly awaiting SR tonight to see again the McEleney gems

patrickccfc
20/03/2017, 2:44 PM
I'm intrigued to see the highlights of how Rover's battered us. And to also chuckle at Maguires first goal.

TonyD
20/03/2017, 6:53 PM
I eagerly awaiting SR tonight to see again the McEleney gems

I'm not.:(

(I'll watch anyway, I'm masochistic like that.)

RathfarnhamHoop
20/03/2017, 8:41 PM
does anybody on this know the legals surrounding the publishing of videos of LOI games? I've grown so sick of Soccer Republic that I'm very tempted to email all clubs asking for videos of games then putting key moments on Youtube. Nothing fancy but more than the 20 seconds per goal (never mind cards,chances etc), just not sure on the legals surrounding it

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2017, 9:05 PM
does anybody on this know the legals surrounding the publishing of videos of LOI games? I've grown so sick of Soccer Republic that I'm very tempted to email all clubs asking for videos of games then putting key moments on Youtube. Nothing fancy but more than the 20 seconds per goal (never mind cards,chances etc), just not sure on the legals surrounding it

Official league website does all the work you require.

There's a videos section on there with highlights from each game without having to sit up at 11pm on a Monday night to watch them.

RathfarnhamHoop
20/03/2017, 9:18 PM

There's a videos section on there with highlights from each game without having to sit up at 11pm on a Monday night to watch them.
ah the new website i keep forgetting about that thing. Thats great I'll certainly check that out. Thats the sort of thing they should publicise.

Charlie Darwin
20/03/2017, 9:30 PM

Since when?

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2017, 9:35 PM
Since this season with the relaunch of the league website, which is actually excellent now.

http://sseairtricityleague.ie/videos/

ToberonaTornado
20/03/2017, 10:23 PM
Beautifully constructed and sensitive tribute to Ryan there on Soccer Republic.Well done to everyone involved with that.

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2017, 10:33 PM
Beautifully constructed and sensitive tribute to Ryan there on Soccer Republic.Well done to everyone involved with that.

Second that. It was fantastic. First half hour of the show dedicated to him, and it was very well done.

Charlie Darwin
20/03/2017, 10:47 PM
Since this season with the relaunch of the league website, which is actually excellent now.

Those are the SR videos from a week ago, no?

bluewhitearmy
20/03/2017, 10:54 PM
For all the stick they get that was beautiful tonight.

nigel-harps1954
20/03/2017, 10:55 PM
Those are the SR videos from a week ago, no?

They put up the Soccer Republic highlights as separate games without the analysis every week after the show airs.

patrickccfc
20/03/2017, 11:22 PM
Not very often you watch a football highlights show and get a few tears in your eyes. Thought that was well put together tonight, a fitting tribute

Ezeikial
21/03/2017, 9:36 AM

Second that. It was fantastic. First half hour of the show dedicated to him, and it was very well done.

For all the stick they get that was beautiful tonight.

I am pleased that SR devoted considerable time to paying tribute to Ryan and I hope that the McBride family got some solace from it.

I am less than sure about the "beautifully constructed" comments - Dave Barry is one of the most inarticulate people on TV and Stuey Byrne is not much better. The rest of it was excellent

WoodquayBoy
21/03/2017, 1:09 PM
My thoughts exactly, surely they could have found 2 pundits (Cawley for example) who is able to construct a basic full sentence without lobbing 'you know' after every third word. That aside, a lovely tribute to a player taken far too soon

osarusan
21/03/2017, 1:56 PM
I'd assume that Barry and Byrne were scheduled weeks ago in whatever rotating schedule exists for 'expert analysts'.

Charlie Darwin
21/03/2017, 2:13 PM
Not very often you watch a football highlights show and get a few tears in your eyes. Thought that was well put together tonight, a fitting tribute
OK. It sounded like the guy was looking for clips that were better than SR.

RathfarnhamHoop
21/03/2017, 6:34 PM

I had a look at the website what i'm looking for is just more of the games. Not just >1min per match but a decent amount of clips that give a proper idea of what happened.

All that said, well done SR on the tribute. Very well done and i'm sure much appreciated by Ryan's friends and family.

TonyD
21/03/2017, 6:46 PM
I am pleased that SR devoted considerable time to paying tribute to Ryan and I hope that the McBride family got some solace from it.

I am less than sure about the "beautifully constructed" comments - Dave Barry is one of the most inarticulate people on TV and Stuey Byrne is not much better. The rest of it was excellent

I have to agree. No problem with the sentiment, but I thought it got a bit arkward at times, like they were running out of things to say and started to get repetitive. The filmed interviews were good though. The Kenny Shiels one particularly moving, and Stephen Kenny too. A genuinely shocking thing to happen, especially poignant with him being a local lad, growing up within sight of the ground etc.

Straightstory
22/03/2017, 9:34 AM
Very tough for Byrne and Barry - a difficult situation for them; not a position anyone would envy. I was wondering how the programme would cover the goals from the Derry Drogs game. They managed it very deftly indeed.

onlooker
27/03/2017, 10:43 PM
That young fella Cawley really irritates me with his silly bluffing and fast speaking ability. A pity he can't state the obvious, telling us teams need to get wins on a Friday night when the weeks games were played on Saturday!!!

onlooker
27/03/2017, 10:50 PM
Also just noticed, the two "English guys are were a tie and the "Irish" guys are not. Great dress code RTE....

Nesta99
27/03/2017, 10:52 PM
Pats didnt have a shirt sponsor v Rovers what is the story there, have been abroad so did i miss something?

nigel-harps1954
27/03/2017, 10:52 PM
Alan Cawley is growing on me as a pundit. I hated him at first, but he's certainly not the worst of them out there.

Just noticed on commentary there, Mark Salmon is now the Limerick captain. Handy move for him.

osarusan
27/03/2017, 10:53 PM
"Ian Turner laid the ball back to his captain Mark Salmon..."

Truly, these guys know f**k all about what they are watching.

onlooker
27/03/2017, 11:01 PM
Ha ha, thought I heard that too

Nesta99
27/03/2017, 11:14 PM
Cawley must read Foot.ie as he quit with the 'so it is' after ever sentence when it was mentioned here and slowed down a bit too. He must have taken some media training. His knowledge was never in question but his presentation wasnt good but has improved a lot. Not an issue with this years studio panel being on a sofa but last season with the stools I half expected Cawley to do a full spin at some point as he swing side t side. Clinton the boy has improved too and isnt so totally Suof Landan and chatting to his mates, but he still irks with the fidgiting and even licking his lips after every sentence

Nah Nah Nah Nah
28/03/2017, 7:12 AM
Pats didnt have a shirt sponsor v Rovers what is the story there, have been abroad so did i miss something?

Haven't had a sponsor all season

seand
28/03/2017, 7:59 AM
I like to think that Pats jersey is sponsorless because nobody wants to be associated with their new Shels cast off kit.

BonnieShels
28/03/2017, 8:35 AM
I like to think that Pats jersey is sponsorless because nobody wants to be associated with their new Shels cast off kit.

At least we sealed a sponsor for this season. :cool: