PDA

View Full Version : Kerbdog gig

Cosmo
12/02/2005, 6:23 PM
Neish, was skint so never made it to the gig :mad: , what was it like anyway? what stuff did they play? etc

As regards pubs with decent music in dublin - eamon dorans is good, but theres another place in temple bar that i went to a few weeks ago that played some really decent music - cant remember the name of it - might've been metz?? Some nice chicks there aswel, unlike e dorans!! :rolleyes: But id highly recommend it for next time youre up.

Neish
12/02/2005, 6:56 PM
Very good gig. Admittedly I didn't know a lot of their stuff just remember hearing off them back in the day , but most of the songs did seem familiar once I heard them. Songs I did recognize were:

Rewind
end of green
J.J's song
on the turn

As for Pubs ended up in Whelan's some band (called humming bird I think) had just finished, but there was a decent Dj after played some good tunes Killlers kasabian kings of leon joy dividion etc

Gareth
15/02/2005, 8:20 AM
I was at the Kerbdog gig too. Great gig, played alot of the first album and enough of the second with all the recognised songs as mentioned by Neish! Cormac Battle was on form. As he was last outing I seen him with Wilt.

As for venues for music (nightclubs) in Dublin, if you are listening to Kerbdog and the likes, you are in the same category of music as I would be. Whelans is definately the venue of choice. Been a regular for many years and the only thing bad is the fact the djs are sometimes slow to change even the order of the songs (The Coral Dreaming of You is followed by The Doves Pounding for a year or more now, you can guess if its the baldy dj raggae will intervene at 1:30am), but still great tunes. The Mez is quite a bright place that is above the music venue The Hub, plays soul, blues, raggae and indie from the times I have been in there , but watch out, the price of a pint is scandalous in there. I'd rather go to Thomas Reads/The Oak downstairs after 9:30 on a Friday or Saturday, a good pre-Whelans venue. Apart from that, The Temple Bar Music Centre can be ok, Fibbers for the more heavier music fans amougst and then your looking at starting to have to go to awful clubs that play the likes of Britney or RnB :)

Loads of decent pubs play class music in the city centre, only they tend to be the dirtier ones!!