PDA

View Full Version : Michael Nwankwo

martin_rules_ie
12/02/2005, 10:11 AM
was walkin through my estate in blarney there yesterday and i saw michael in his car with his girlfriend (a fine one at that). apparentley he's livin in my estate now only up the road. one of the kids from the neighbourhood went up to him and he gave him his autograph 'nwankwo 34'. seems lik a sound bloke :ball:

kevincronin2000
12/02/2005, 11:19 AM
I must say anytime I have aproached any member of playing or coaching staff for autographs for my son they have always been more then polite and interested.

Éanna
12/02/2005, 2:30 PM
I was wondering why I kept seeing him around Blarney all the time!

Counting Crow
12/02/2005, 11:26 PM
From this I take it that he is still with the Club and will be part of our squad for 2005. I think he was one of a few players who suffered from that debacle of a game vs Bohs (remember the live game RTE).

He is a good player and when he is on song he is very good - I will never forget his performance vs Pats at Inchicore last season, and his backward summersault when he scored. Worth the trip for that alone.

Met him later in the season and he said he desperately wanted to score at home so everyone "at The Cross" could see his summersault.

Top Bloke.

Hope he stays.

Éanna
12/02/2005, 11:35 PM
yeah, he's shown some real glimpses of quality. It'll be hard for him to force his way into the team, but he's a great player to have in the squad. And as you say CC, a very nice bloke as well

shedite
13/02/2005, 10:33 AM
On a side note, the squad do fitness session down the mardyke on wed nights (we play soccer on the astroturf at the same time), and for the past two weeks Nwankwo has been WAY off the pace and looks really unfit. Stephen O'Flynn, on the other hand, is absolutely flying and looks like he is making a huge effort to get in the first team.

Counting Crow
13/02/2005, 3:16 PM
That's good news on Stephen O'Flynn.
If he is doing so well he'll be effectively a new signing for us this season as he really didn't figure last year.

Who else stands out Shedite?

shedite
15/02/2005, 10:24 AM
All the usual heads are at the top. They usually run about twenty 400m sprints in a night. Last week Dan Murray, and Georgie only did light jogs. They may have been injured or just ill, not sure.

joeSoap
15/02/2005, 10:39 AM
I must say anytime I have aproached any member of playing or coaching staff for autographs for my son they have always been more then polite and interested.
Tell the truth Kev...they're for you aren't they??? :D :D

ollie
16/02/2005, 11:08 AM
On a side note, the squad do fitness session down the mardyke on wed nights (we play soccer on the astroturf at the same time), and for the past two weeks Nwankwo has been WAY off the pace and looks really unfit. Stephen O'Flynn, on the other hand, is absolutely flying and looks like he is making a huge effort to get in the first team.

around what time are they around.might take a stroll accross the road to see them

shedite
16/02/2005, 4:53 PM
They're usually there between 7 and 8 anyway on a wed. Not sure what time the start at.