PDA

View Full Version : Zayed makes scoring debut

A face
11/02/2005, 11:02 PM
Zayed makes scoring debut

Bray Wanderers forward Eamon Zayed made a scoring impact on his debut for Major League Soccer side New York/New Jersey MetroStars in the 1-1 pre-season draw with FC Dallas on Thursday evening.

Zayed joined the MLS side on trial recently and his debut goal could go a long way towards earning him a contract with Bob Bradley’s side.

The Irish under-21 international has been Bray’s leading scorer for the past two seasons and clearly possesses the ambition to make an impact on foreign shores.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15964)

Stevo Da Gull
11/02/2005, 11:07 PM
Could well be bad news for us, the team is'nt strong enough as it is :(

pete
12/02/2005, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't rate MLS at all. Step up from eL 1st division but on a par with top eL sides. eL fulltimers probably earn more than average MLS players too cos they got squad salary cap.

tiktok
12/02/2005, 2:48 PM
I wouldn't rate MLS at all. Step up from eL 1st division but on a par with top eL sides. eL fulltimers probably earn more than average MLS players too cos they got squad salary cap.

It's actually not that bad, they just don't have the talent coming through to support it as 'soccer' is all but ignored as a pursuit for school-aged boys (not girls though), and the respective scholarships on offer are poor in comparison to those for the bigger national games.

The result is that the US 'minor leagues' are made up of teams I could get onto, but to be fair, the MLS is a high enough standard, some strong college players especially, what drags it down is something which affected our own leagues, attracting former greats turned journeyman pro's to boost the attendances.

BohDiddley
13/02/2005, 11:18 AM
It's actually not that bad, they just don't have the talent coming through ... and the respective scholarships on offer are poor in comparison to those for the bigger national games.

That sounds familiar!