PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures next week?

Neish
11/02/2005, 2:41 PM
I heard a rumor the the fixtures were to be announced tomorrow week Saturday 19/2/05/

Anyone else hear such?

Schumi
11/02/2005, 2:55 PM
That's my understanding. They're supposed to be released after the FAI's AGM which is on the 18th I think.

Bald Student
12/02/2005, 10:56 AM
They're supposed to be released after the FAI's AGM which is on the 18th I think.That's also the final date for licenses to be granted. I predict a long and bitter meeting.

Passive
12/02/2005, 11:40 AM
The season starts on March 18th, so if they release them any time before lunchtime on that day I think we'll be doing well.

Buile Shuibhne
12/02/2005, 12:58 PM
The league AGM is on Saturday the 19th - the day after the final final last chance for license appeals.

The AGM is being held in the Rochestown Hotel in Cork kicking off at 11.00am - we might have the fixture by lunchtime if all 22 club have their licenses?

Kerry Blue
12/02/2005, 5:19 PM
we might have the fixture by lunchtime
Now that would be something! :)

MariborKev
12/02/2005, 11:06 PM
The league AGM is on Saturday the 19th - the day after the final final last chance for license appeals.

The AGM is being held in the Rochestown Hotel in Cork kicking off at 11.00am - we might have the fixture by lunchtime if all 22 club have their licenses?

Fintan I think its might be a safe bet to assume that there is no chance that we will have them by lunctime, even if everyone has a licence

Gareth
13/02/2005, 2:30 PM
Its pretty annoying to say the least for clubs preparing for the new season not to actually know when and who they are playing up to so soon before the league. They seem to think we don't need to plan training camps, etc etc before the season. Sure its only the league eh! Very annoying.

Breifne
13/02/2005, 9:24 PM
I think its might be a safe bet to assume that there is no chance that we will have them by lunctime, even if everyone has a licence

I would imagine that they are already done, sitting on someones desk in Merrion Square, they just need approval from the league AGM. should be sent out before saturday evening.

MariborKev
13/02/2005, 10:25 PM
Breifne,

As far as I know there are a few "alternative schedules" drawn up and then the details are battled out amongst the club until the least controversial is decided upon.

However given the fact that some clubs are still in favour of four series of games I predict a full day of wrangling

Gareth
14/02/2005, 8:00 AM
I know the argument against 4 series of games is you play rovers and bohs etc etc too much, constant derbies etc, but I think thats good. Plus 3 series of games makes no sense and is unfair. Either commit to enough premier teams for 2 series. Or make it 4. Non of this 3 games against opponents lark!!

SeanDrog
14/02/2005, 9:18 AM
its unfair because some teams play some opposition twice at home and once away and vica versa.

ie. its poss. Longford will have to play shels twice in Tolka and once in Flancare.

If you think thats a fiar systemcompared to everyone playing each other the same amount of games home and away - so be it.

Macy
14/02/2005, 10:05 AM
Just why do "3 series af games make no sense and is unfair" ?

why does it make no sense ? and how could it possibly be unfair ?

Shels logic??
Very few teams have won the league playing more away games than home. Pats are the only ones that spring to my mind.

Say if it's between 2 teams for relegation - and one plays the other twice at home, pretty obvious that the team that is away twice is at a disadvantage....

Gareth
14/02/2005, 10:39 AM
why does it make no sense ? and how could it possibly be unfair ?

Shels logic??

Not Shels Logic just normal logic "Cop On", which is pretty straight forward and obvious. Sorry you needed it explained more clearly. I thought 2 away games and one home is an obviously unfair situation for all teams. Makes more sense to play even home and away. If that is fuzzy logic Cop On , please do explain.

pete
14/02/2005, 10:43 AM
The 3 game series must be almost unique throughout Europe. If we do have to have 12 teams really should split league for last series.

We lost League to Pats in 99 (i think) when played 2 out of 3 games in Inchicore but then again also lost to them at home :(

Its possible that say shel$ (just using at example). could play 2 games at home to CCFC, Bohs & Drogs which would be an unbeliveable advantage.

Could also give example for Bray, Harps, Pats & Rovers relegation battle. ;)

Gareth
14/02/2005, 11:05 AM
It is a bit insane alright. I also think splitting the league is terrible too. Never liked it before. The only way to go in a league is play equal number of home and away games. Being stuck at the top of the lower part of a split league could be a hiding to nothing because your team is playing the worst of the division and you have nothing to play for once you are outside relegation but no chance of a good run putting you anywhere near a euro spot etc etc, like late runs in a league can do!

Bald Student
14/02/2005, 12:04 PM
They seem to think we don't need to plan training camps, etc etc before the season.You know which weekend the first game will be on. You can plan your training camp around that. You don't need to know the opposition to plan your pre-season.

Gareth
14/02/2005, 12:06 PM
Agreed, but I wasn't sure if the weekend was even known back in December?
I am very open to correction and guarenteed to be corrected.

pineapple stu
14/02/2005, 12:33 PM
Could also give example for Bray, Harps, Pats & Rovers relegation battle. ;)
You most certainly could! Quite like the sound of that! :)

I can't remember when the date for the start of the season was confirmed (think it was last month?), but I can remember Pat Fenlon whining that it was taking so long to confirm. And for once I can understand where Shels are coming from too!

gael353
14/02/2005, 6:27 PM
its unfair because some teams play some opposition twice at home and once away and vica versa.

ie. its poss. Longford will have to play shels twice in Tolka and once in Flancare.

If you think thats a fiar systemcompared to everyone playing each other the same amount of games home and away - so be it.

Tell me about it, we're stuck in the first division for over 10 years now and we have to put up with that all the time up untill this year. And its always away to sligo to start with. Dont think we have ever started a new season at home.

BohsFans
14/02/2005, 11:03 PM
Why are you complaining now? It was play each other 3 times for years before they changed it last season!

Gareth
15/02/2005, 7:52 AM
Personally I have had grumbles about the system since it began. So last year I thought finally they realise its daft, but alas it looks like a reversion. Just cos it was standard for years doesn't make it any better a system, just a bad system used for ages!