Which do you prefer for caffeine fix...

SÓC
11/02/2005, 2:33 PM
Neither.

Never ever drink tea or coffee.

Gimme a glass of water or a hot choc anyday

$Leon$
11/02/2005, 2:35 PM
prefer t when i'm at home very relaxing.
always drink coffee at work cos its strong, free and already made for me

tetsujin1979
11/02/2005, 2:59 PM
Water or milk for me, drinking less and less tea all the time.

pete
11/02/2005, 3:26 PM
always drink coffee at work cos its strong, free and already made for me

Its amazing how many people drink a lot of (free) coffee at work but just couldn't be bother making much at home.

dahamsta
11/02/2005, 3:33 PM
Which do you prefer for caffeine fix...What about cola? Penguin mints?

Ruairi
11/02/2005, 4:55 PM
Its amazing how many people drink a lot of (free) coffee at work but just couldn't be bother making much at home.

That's cause it's free at work, and i think we all agree we want to screw our employers as much as possible...

i'm a tea man myself, though i do like coffee, and you cant beat a good cappuchino...hmmmmmm....frothy....

$Leon$
11/02/2005, 6:08 PM

coffee is easier to make at home with the jar of granuals
if i'm at home and feeling lazy i'll make coffee just so i won't have to make the trip to the bin with the tea bag
sometimes its worth the trip to the bin for the tea

dortie
11/02/2005, 7:36 PM
Buckfast.

Caffeine in that

harry crumb
11/02/2005, 7:37 PM
Its hard to get a nice cup of coffee.

liam88
11/02/2005, 9:31 PM
Caffine..........RED BULL! 8 days allowance in a can; my record being 16 cans in a day-dunno how long i'm fixed for there :D :D

pete
11/02/2005, 11:01 PM
Caffine..........RED BULL! 8 days allowance in a can; my record being 16 cans in a day-dunno how long i'm fixed for there :D :D

Jeez, could you sleep afterwards?

Not keen on Red Bull, too music sugar, glucose, sucrouse etc...

Nice smallish coffee machine @ work makes individual cups from the beans - much better than coffee stewing in boiler :eek:

the 12 th man
12/02/2005, 7:06 AM
tea any day

i hate coffee and indeed cold coffee a.k.a. guinness :D

dortie
12/02/2005, 11:51 AM

Wait until you get a good dose of Palpitations, that will put you off Red Bull for life, well drinking 16 cans of it.

Not a good feeling ...!!

Neish
12/02/2005, 1:29 PM
Don't really drink either but when push comes to shove it would be Tea, although I do enjoy a Baileys coffee after a meal when eating out

liam88
12/02/2005, 6:12 PM
Jeez, could you sleep afterwards?

Not really-watched all 3 American Pie movies till bout 4 in the mornin then went on a St. John Ambulance training course that evening :D

liam88
12/02/2005, 6:14 PM
Wait until you get a good dose of Palpitations, that will put you off Red Bull for life, well drinking 16 cans of it.

Not a good feeling ...!!
Aye sounds rough.......though it was a pub crawl and i figured 16 Red Bulls was better for me than 16 pints :eek:
My 16 can reckon almost eqauls my record of 18 slices of Cajun pizza in one evning :D

pete
14/02/2005, 11:13 AM
I thought Coffee would win this easily.

I don't have soft drinks much (too much sugar) but no milk this morning & needed caffeine fit badly (monday morning). I'm going to suffer for this later...

:(

sadloserkid
14/02/2005, 1:27 PM
Sadly my straightedge thing means no caffeine... so I have nothing to contribute to this thread. Though Lucozade is a caffeine demon too! :)

SÓC
14/02/2005, 1:29 PM
Sadly my straightedge thing means no caffeine

Say wha?

Éanna
14/02/2005, 1:30 PM
it used to be coffee for me, lots of it, but I juststopped drinking it about 8 months ago and have been drinking tea ever since. feel a lot better for it too

sadloserkid
14/02/2005, 1:39 PM
Say wha?

Straightedge. It's a lifestyle choice that originated in the hardcore punk scene in the US in the early 80's based around self-discipline. There are countless different variants on it but for me it's like a five-stage thing.

1) No cigarettes
2) No alcohol
3) No drugs
4) No stimulants (this part can be kinda vague to different people but for me it includes caffeine, over the counter medication and any kinda vitamin tablets or whatever.)
5) No promiscuous sex (some straightedgers don't have sex at all. I think that's retarded.)

I should point out that 90% of straightedgers (also called sXe) are shaven-headed muppets who hold semi-formed political ideas as well. I've never met another straightedge person that I like (and there was a girl in college :rolleyes:) and generally move to distance myself from the whole movement. I just like the self-discipline of it.

SÓC
14/02/2005, 1:42 PM
No stimulants (this part can be kinda vague to different people but for me it includes caffeine, over the counter medication and any kinda vitamin tablets or whatever.)

I'd say this includes football.

You'll have to give it up:p

sadloserkid
14/02/2005, 1:43 PM
I'd say this includes football.

You'll have to give it up:p

Nah, it's ok, I support a First Division team. If we ever get promoted it might be a whole different kettle of fish though! :)

Macy
14/02/2005, 2:04 PM
4) No stimulants (this part can be kinda vague to different people but for me it includes caffeine, over the counter medication and any kinda vitamin tablets or whatever.)
So will you take a perscription medicine? Don't really see the difference between a benylin cough bottle over the counter, and a perscription only one.

Each to their own...

sadloserkid
14/02/2005, 2:07 PM
So will you take a perscription medicine? Don't really see the difference between a benylin cough bottle over the counter, and a perscription only one.

Each to their own...

Well I haven't since I was about 14 and back then my mother had rather more control over my medical intake. Haven't been to a doctor since I was 16 either (24 next month) so I suppose the answer is no, I don't take prescription medication either.