PDA

View Full Version : City get Premier Licence

Ruairi
11/02/2005, 11:22 AM
from rte.ie (http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0211/eircomleague.html)

----------
Five of the 22 eircom League clubs have confirmed that they have been granted awarded Premier Licences for the 2005 season.

Shelbourne, Cork City, Drogheda United, Bray Wanderers and Finn Harps have all officially confirmed that they have been successful in their bids.

The licences were granted on appeal following the initial rejection of all 22 Clubs' applications in January.

However, there are rumours circulating that several clubs, including one Premier League outfit are struggling to win their appeals.

Shelbourne and Cork will both now turn their attentions to obtaining UEFA licences as their gear up for participation in the Champions League and UEFA Cup next season.

---------------------

Gary
11/02/2005, 11:52 AM
Whats the difference between a Premier and UEFA licence?

I assume the club strugging is Shams?

pete
11/02/2005, 11:54 AM
Does this mean we can gloat at expense of any club who doesn't have a licence.

tallaghtfornia
11/02/2005, 12:28 PM
i think gloating will be out of order, no matter how much u hate a certain club(s),which in my case would be the boez and pats the last thing i want is them out of the premier, would miss the games against them

pineapple stu
11/02/2005, 12:30 PM
Whats the difference between a Premier and UEFA licence?
Difficult one this, I know, but Premier Licence is to play in the Premier division, while the UEFA Licence is to play in European competition! ;)

I would imagine the main differences relate to infrastructure - i.e. the number of seats, etc.

1 9 8 4
11/02/2005, 3:35 PM
Does this mean we can gloat at expense of any club who doesn't have a licence.

As much I loathe certain clubs, there is no joy in gloating at this sort of defeat.

Counting Crow
11/02/2005, 3:58 PM
Just heard that Longford are the premier club in trouble.

That would be a real shaem. A seasson without the "hokey pokey" man (one of the great characters of Irish football) visiting our Capital of Culture would be a poor season indeed.

Come UEFA give them another chance!!!!! On behalf of us all in The Shed

Hecko
11/02/2005, 4:38 PM
Dundalk and Dublin City and one other 1st div club are the others

Schumi
11/02/2005, 4:44 PM
Kildare the other one I think.

Counting Crow
12/02/2005, 7:34 AM
How in the name of God did Limerick get a licience?????

What "pitch" are they using this year?

adamd164
12/02/2005, 8:27 AM
Limerick got their finaces in order recently and I presume that's part of why they passed.

kevincronin2000
12/02/2005, 9:04 AM

I know you have been off line for a while but a lot has happened at limerick you should have a look at the limerick forum.

Éanna
12/02/2005, 2:35 PM

They've bought back Rathbane/Hogan park and they're in the middle of rebuilding it. Plan to have 600 seats for the start of the season apparently.

Counting Crow
12/02/2005, 11:16 PM
Have to say I'm delighted they're getting their act together. I would love to have another Munster Club playing against us every season. These derby clashes are the business.

Well done Limerick. The best of luck to Noel O'Connor and Mooney.
Maybe we'll see you both at the Cross next season in one of the Cup's.