PDA

View Full Version : Jose Antonio Reyes-Super Tool !!

joeSoap
11/02/2005, 10:32 AM
Reyes tells Spanish radio he wants to join Real Madrid

10:47 Friday February 11th 2005

Jose Antonio Reyes' future at Arsenal is unclear this morning after he reportedly told a Spanish radio station last night that he wants to join Real Madrid.
The Spaniard apparently thought he was speaking to Madrid sporting director Emilio Butragueno, but he was actually the victim of a radio prank.

Earlier yesterday, he had insisted he was happy at Highbury after rumours had linked him with a move to the Bernabeu.

However, he reportedly told the radio station that he wanted to return to his homeland rather than play with "bad people" at Arsenal.

"I'm happy Madrid is interested in me because it has always been my dream since I was little to play there," he reportedly said.

"I hope it could happen. I love the way Madrid play. I'm not happy with the way things are."

What a Tooooool.... :D :D

Éanna
11/02/2005, 12:20 PM
bit foolish of him to get caught out, but you can't blame a fella for wanting to play for a bigger club and further his career

razor
11/02/2005, 12:43 PM
Sure all he has to tell Arsene is that he knew it was a wind up and played along for the laugh.
What he should have said is talk to my agent.

tallaghtfornia
11/02/2005, 1:33 PM
what a deal madrid would get if they could get reyes who is 21, world class and 5 - 6 years b4 his peak and give the gooners a 25 year old owen,who lives on his reputation and is way past his best!!!

Closed Account 2
11/02/2005, 1:43 PM
why go to Real Madrid, sure he could be Maradona incarnate but he wouldnt have a chance of shifting Raul etc out of the team due to the excessive favouritism, he should go to somewhere like Valencia.

tallaghtfornia
11/02/2005, 1:57 PM
i am not sayin madrid is the best place to go but they are the team linked and shiftin owen and gettin reyes would be a steal imo

4tothefloor
11/02/2005, 6:50 PM
Who says they'll be shifting Owen? Owen happens to be Madrids top scorer, and from the bench at that.

If I were having a bet, I'd put it on the swap involving Mr. Beckham. Real know that if they are to get rid of Beckham, it has to be a move to London. It's not going to be Chelsea, Spurs can't afford his fee, or wages. Beckham wouldn't go there anyway. Arsenal is an option, especially if the rumours about Viera wanting out are true (and guess where he'll end up going......). Edu has already as good as signed out. In any case, Reyes is used as a wide player at Arsenal, not a striker as such. It must also be remembered, Liverpool have first option on any sale of Owen.

What are the chances of Reyes & Viera out, Owen & Beckham in?

Come to think of it, who here thinks the Arse are up sh*t creek (or should that be the other way around :confused: ) next year? At the moment it looks like: Reyes leaving, Edu leaving, Cole to Chelsea, Viera unhappy, possibly leaving, Bergkamp shoving on, Pires very patchy, no decent goalkeeper........I do! :D