PDA

View Full Version : players returning from england

padjoe
11/02/2005, 10:11 AM
hey all i am currently working on a assignment for college. i am trying to discover the rate of players going to england in their teenage years and been rejected, returning home and because of this they quit football. and i am also looking at the number of players who are successfully bred into the eircom league. so if anyone can tell about someone a true story please pm me or post it here.
cheers

drummerboy
11/02/2005, 10:41 AM
contact Eoin Hand at the FAI. He helps young kids who return home and even runs a course in DCU for ex-apprentice footballers.

padjoe
11/02/2005, 10:45 AM
contact Eoin Hand at the FAI. He helps young kids who return home and even runs a course in DCU for ex-apprentice footballers.

cheers
anyone have a personel experience of coming back from england or being treated badly by a club to the point of walking away from football

padjoe
21/02/2005, 12:21 PM
does anyone know a person who was rejected by an english club and either gave up football or settled at an eircom league club.

DolansWaistcoat
21/02/2005, 9:19 PM
cheers
anyone have a personel experience of coming back from england

yeah....came back last week from england....turbulence was very bad

monutdfc
22/02/2005, 8:31 AM
Why don't you contact some of the clubs. I'd say all League clubs have players who were in England and some might be happy to talk to you. They might also be able to put you in touch with guys for whom it didn't work out.
I think it was Darragh Sheridan (recently released by Longford) who started the FAI course with Eoin Hand - he was released by Aston Villa I think and did a lot fo work for guys in the same situation. I'd imagine he'd be happy to help if it's a serious project.

observer
22/02/2005, 8:43 AM
Yes , Darragh Sheridan is the man to contact. Longford Town committee would have a contact number for him.