PDA

View Full Version : Licensing 2017

ATFC-1887
24/01/2017, 9:37 AM
Anyone know a date for when the licensing decision is made?

nigel-harps1954
24/01/2017, 3:41 PM
FAI are meeting with clubs this week afaik.

thomas72
24/01/2017, 6:57 PM
Finn harps will hardly get a premier licence will they? ;)

ForzaHoop
24/01/2017, 7:00 PM
If works are promised on the new Stadium they will get Licence plus they have adequate facilities currently for the Licence as Harps were in Premier last season in the current ground

Longfordian
24/01/2017, 7:48 PM
Has any club ever been denied a licence on account of their ground? I don't think they're going to start now.

nigel-harps1954
24/01/2017, 8:36 PM
Harps had to get a derogation on a fair bit of Finn Park last year and this year is the same. There was huge money spent on Finn Park in the off-season before last year adding various bits to the ground, and again this off-season there's been a lot of money spent on the pitch drainage to ensure there's no problems with it for this season.

The new ground is one of the only reasons Harps are allowed to use Finn Park at all. It's in such bad shape right around the place.

oldyouth
24/01/2017, 8:58 PM
Wexford Youths will be granted a licence. That's all I care about. 10th anniversary season

NeverFeltBetter
24/01/2017, 10:08 PM
Seems like the only likely bit of drama is over Athlone.

Lim till i die
24/01/2017, 10:17 PM
The new ground is one of the only reasons Harps are allowed to use Finn Park at all. It's in such bad shape right around the place.

Just one of the (several) reasons why licensing is absolute nonsense.

I've as much work done on my novel as harps have on their new ground.

There both equally likely to be finished in the near future too I'd say.

Not even picking on harps, drogheda are in the same boat

EatYerGreens
24/01/2017, 10:29 PM
Seems like the only likely bit of drama is over Athlone.

Which one ?

EatYerGreens
24/01/2017, 10:30 PM
Harps had to get a derogation on a fair bit of Finn Park last year and this year is the same. There was huge money spent on Finn Park in the off-season before last year adding various bits to the ground, and again this off-season there's been a lot of money spent on the pitch drainage to ensure there's no problems with it for this season.

What's the latest on the new ground though ? Is work happening ? Is the funding in place for it ?

Is there any indication at all for when it's likely to be finished - even just an aspiration ?

EatYerGreens
24/01/2017, 10:31 PM
Just one of the (several) reasons why licensing is absolute nonsense.

I've as much work done on my novel as harps have on their new ground.

There both equally likely to be finished in the near future too I'd say.

Not even picking on harps, drogheda are in the same boat

Wait - Drogheda are working on a novel ?!

nigel-harps1954
25/01/2017, 12:29 AM
What's the latest on the new ground though ? Is work happening ? Is the funding in place for it ?

Is there any indication at all for when it's likely to be finished - even just an aspiration ?

Funding has been granted all along. Draw down of the grant money has held up progress.

There's no indication of when work will be finished or even restarted, there's well over a million euro spent to date on the project though, so it has to go ahead.
One of the directors said that work has to start in 2017 again.

disgruntled
26/01/2017, 12:05 PM
Wait - Drogheda are working on a novel ?!

Yea its a work of fiction ;)

EatYerGreens
26/01/2017, 12:17 PM
Yea its a work of fiction ;)

And Galway will be working on the DVD version of it :D

#GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

Nesta99
27/01/2017, 10:10 PM
Funding has been granted all along. Draw down of the grant money has held up progress.

There's no indication of when work will be finished or even restarted, there's well over a million euro spent to date on the project though, so it has to go ahead.
One of the directors said that work has to start in 2017 again.

The grant expires if not drawn down so how long is it since it was issued by now? One of the reasons for the sale of Hiney Park was to raise the 20% at the time before the grant was reallocated to other projects. Catch 22 for many grants issued across all sports, and financial difficulties happened as while it was against the regulation of the grant, money was borrowed to raise the 20%, work proceeded, job finished and the loan became to large a burden. When this happened in GAA circles there was a help out given from Croke Park. There are few other NGB's that could bail out projects. Harps ground development hasnt quite gone the way of Tallaght before SDCC got involved but it seems an age since the first sod was turned!?

MattB11
27/01/2017, 10:27 PM
NINE years since the first sod was turned

EatYerGreens
27/01/2017, 11:44 PM
NINE years since the first sod was turned

Sod's Law