PDA

View Full Version : What is the aim of your fanclub?

Derek
10/02/2005, 6:20 PM
Can anyone involved in a Eircom league fanclub answer some questions?

1. What do you do?
2. What do you hope to do?
3. How do you do what ever it is you do?

They might seem like silly questions but they are meant to be serious,
I have just joined Dublin City supporters club and and looking for ideas.

harpskid
10/02/2005, 6:42 PM
Ballybofey & Stranorlar Finn Harps Supporters Club.

1. What do you do?

1. We strive to support our team as best we can. We run busses to away games, organise fund-raising events etc. We also make financial contributions to the club by sponsoring games, sponsoring players, buying signs, ads in the programme and we also run the hugely successful supporters club shop/

2.We would hope to build on our past activities and help to do our duties as supporters of Finn Harps to help ensure that the club continues to move forward both on the field and off it.

Now that we are in the premier we would be confident of achieving our goals.

3. I think that is answered in 1 and 2 above.

Dr.Nightdub
10/02/2005, 8:57 PM
1. What do you do?

Independent Saints. Similar to the Harps one and I'd say most other supporters' clubs. Run buses to away matches, sponsor players / match balls, bestow the curse of the t-shirt on strikers (Liam Kelly never again scored for Pats after we gave him an I.S. vest to wear under his jersey), provide a fans' column for the match programme, occasionally have meetings with club officials (though this was more common in the days before post-Dolan glasnost, the club is more communicative now so the meetings are pretty redundant).

The Shed End Invincibles look after flares, pyrotechnics and other stuff that may or may not be strictly legal, they also do S.E.I. merchandise. WWS once compared the relationship between I.S. and the S.E.I. to that of Sinn Fein and the IRA, that's still more or less accurate. ;)

Organisation is on the lines of an anarchist collective with a Stalinist chairman. Fundraising is by membership fees (it costs €7 more for a non-member to travel on the buses to away games than it does for members; coincidentally, membership costs €7), merchandise sales and whip-rounds.