PDA

View Full Version : Albums you're looking forward to 2017

tetsujin1979
12/01/2017, 11:41 PM
Rules is rules, I guess.
Arcade Fire are on tour this year, presumably in support of a new release. Hopefully it'll be better than reflecktor, which was comfortably their worst album to date.

stann
13/01/2017, 5:59 AM
Fair play Tets, was just thinking of this thread again.

The regular request for Mylo to pull his finger out still stands, though that at least looks a wee bit closer now, after the release of a veritable plethora of material on facebook over the course of last summer. Now select, sequence and have done with it, for the love of God man!

Elsewhere, looking forward immensely to Declan McKenna's debut long player, and I believe a new Goldfrapp is also in the pipeline, but I'm getting positively giddy at the prospect of a new LCD Soundsystem album after a gap of 7 years!

nigel-harps1954
13/01/2017, 8:07 AM
What? No hope for a Dr. Dre release of Detox this year?

Personally, quite looking forward to a new Queens of the Stone Age album, and a rumoured Fleetwood Mac release.

There's been confirmation of a first System of a Down album since 2005, so I'll be interested to hear how that turns out. They can be very hit and miss too.

tetsujin1979
13/01/2017, 8:33 AM
no, the release of Compton will have to do. I doubt Detox will ever see the light of day.

Neish
15/01/2017, 9:31 PM
Just downloading The XX I see you, looking forward to listening to it .
Others I'm looking forward to:

Sun Kill Moon - Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood
Sleaford Mod-English Tapas

Other Artists I heard rumored to be releasing in 2017 but no titles confirmed

Spiritualized
The Horrors
Ride
Gorillaz