PDA

View Full Version : City V Dundalk

Neil
30/01/2002, 10:43 PM
Am I right in saying that the game on Sunday is clashing with the Ireland v Wales rugby international (2pm)? I reckon there could be a season low turn-out on Sunday (even worse than the last time we played Dundalk at the Cross, there was about 1,000 in the ground).

This is where floodlights will be invaluable.

James
30/01/2002, 10:45 PM
good point maybe the board expected the IRFU to change the time of the 6 nations match....

... or maybe they havent realised it at all...nah thats hardly the case is it??

yan
30/01/2002, 10:47 PM
floodlights???????

when

Neil
30/01/2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by yan
floodlights???????

when
before the Ireland v Denmark U-21 game on March 26th anyway... dunno exactly when.

Ali-G
31/01/2002, 8:16 AM
I reckon there wont be any match if it keeps bucketing down.

ccfcman
31/01/2002, 9:03 AM
saturday morning?hey rearranged boez last year for a sat. afternoon

joe
31/01/2002, 11:22 AM
except Ireland A are playing their Welsh counterparts at Muzzer on Saturday afternoon

Gary
31/01/2002, 5:49 PM
How come the six nations game is sunday? I thought they were all Saturday games.

There will be an awful 'crowd' sunday. Between the weather, the rugby and Liverpool V Leeds on the telly, it doesnt bode well. :(

yan
31/01/2002, 11:00 PM
a hand full in shed again

same old faces

god all of ye are ugly

yan
31/01/2002, 11:01 PM
JOKING

patsh
01/02/2002, 7:02 AM
What we need is the new National stadium complete with roof, built in Cork with City as the anchor tenants !!!!!!!!....... :D

SÓC
01/02/2002, 9:29 AM
It would be an interesting idea to actually put the Stadium out side of Áth Claith.

One of the main attractions of a GAA All-Ireland is the chance for boggers to go some where different, make the once in a lifetime trip to da big smoke, bring them out in greater numbers. In soccer there nearly always a Dublin team in the Final. They have no big day out mentatily.

If the Bertie Bowl was built outside of the Pale it would be cheaper, make our Euro2008 bid more likly and of Course become the new home to Cork City FC, I can easily imagne City filling it up every second week plus a stadium of that size would be hoof friendly, Messrs Daly & Co would have trouble hoofing it out of the ground.

mouldymurphy
01/02/2002, 10:11 AM
good idea wveryone would have not only their own seat but their own section :D

Peadar
01/02/2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
It would be an interesting idea to actually put the Stadium out side of Áth Claith.

I always held this opinion and think the Showgrounds in Ballintemple where the Pairc is would make a good location.
45/50 K seats would be plenty and the City could easily handle the crowds.
The GAA are like the religious organisations in this country. They control a lot of land that they should never have had!

Éanna
01/02/2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Peadar

The GAA are like the religious organisations in this country. They control a lot of land that they should never have had!
FOR ONCE I agree with you :D

niamh
02/02/2002, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by GWA
How come the six nations game is sunday? I thought they were all Saturday games.

There will be an awful 'crowd' sunday. Between the weather, the rugby and Liverpool V Leeds on the telly, it doesnt bode well. :(

don't forget to mention that they are playing Dundalk...hardly the most appealing match

niamh
02/02/2002, 4:14 PM
Originally posted by GWA

don't forget to mention that they are playing Dundalk...hardly the most appealing match to go to the bother of seeing. Liverpool and Leeds will be over but the Ireland match starts at two....
Ireland V Wales or City V Dundalk considering their last home performance....

Éanna
02/02/2002, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by niamh
don't forget to mention that they are playing Dundalk...hardly the most appealing match to go to the bother of seeing.
I dunno, dundalk aren't that bad :D

Daniel McD
02/02/2002, 6:22 PM
I haven't figured out a way to get there yet !

BTW Eanna .have a good time with the suited one on Tuesday night ?!

Éanna
03/02/2002, 9:47 AM
yes Dan, quite a good laugh! Well what I remember of it anyway, although my wallet'll take a while to recover- damn Dublin drink prices.