PDA

View Full Version : O'Donovan trains with City

niamh
09/02/2005, 12:29 PM
Former Coventry City striker and Corkman Roy O'Donovan is training with City since Saturday according to the Star.
He said he'd loved to play at Turners Cross for City but nothing has been discussed...

Dricky
09/02/2005, 12:53 PM
Even if he doesn't its good to have different players around pre-season, a bit of variety for Devine and defence. No harm in training. Practise is always good for a keeper so a different striker does no harm

piratemousey
09/02/2005, 1:32 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=15135

Éanna
09/02/2005, 2:04 PM
good and all as he might be, we don't need another striker. IMO, if he's to be signed, someone else HAS to go.

pete
10/02/2005, 9:42 AM
Dolan does seem to be a bit obcessed with forwards. Sure didn't he say recently he'd still like to sign Foley from Bohs if we could afford him.

:rolleyes:

ollie
10/02/2005, 11:45 AM
a lot of the players city have been linked with are all young.IMO we need experience.

cheekyais
10/02/2005, 5:33 PM
good and all as he might be, we don't need another striker. IMO, if he's to be signed, someone else HAS to go.

I suggest Fenn should go. I know yere all probally saying give him a chance etc but I think he was given his chance and didnt prove himself and he should'nt be on the wages he's getting either. I for one would'nt be sad too see him go. Its just MY opinion.

jofyisgod
10/02/2005, 6:08 PM
I suggest Fenn should go. I know yere all probally saying give him a chance etc but I think he was given his chance and didnt prove himself and he should'nt be on the wages he's getting either. I for one would'nt be sad too see him go. Its just MY opinion.

:rolleyes: I doubt Fenn was going to say during the contract negotiations:"sorry there Brian, i actually don't want that money". Would people ever shut up about his wages, the club offered them to him, he accepted-do not hold it against him. I personally think the guy is class, possibly not always in tune with the City gameplan, but pure class. That goal in Inchicore was one of the greatest i have ever seen. His touch is great also.
Moreover, he wasonly played consistently at the beginning of the year-this was unfair as he was probably only just settling down to his new home, etc.
If he fails throughout his coming season, then judge him-just not yet.

Éanna
10/02/2005, 11:17 PM
I agree. Fenn's an excellent player. Probably the most talented player in the league. He's much more hard-working than people give him credit for. But IMO, he just doesn't fit into the team.

A face
11/02/2005, 12:08 AM
he just doesn't fit into the team.

Depends on the game though .... If it is a team like Bohs where it is skill and technical ability then he fits right in .... if it is a game like Shels or Waterford then probably better go with Colin or Gamble.

Gary
11/02/2005, 7:59 AM
The only problem I have with Fenn is that he has to be accomadated ie he doesnt fit easily into any City formation.

He has talent to burn, and the best first touch I have ever seen in the eL, a hardworking player and an asset to the squad. However, I cant imagine him being too happy warming the bench for too much longer. I would love to see him play just behind the front two in a Dennis Bergkamp style. Remember how he unlocked the Derry defence so many times from such a position toward the end of last season?

GavinZac
11/02/2005, 9:28 AM
The only problem I have with Fenn is that he has to be accomadated ie he doesnt fit easily into any City formation.

He has talent to burn, and the best first touch I have ever seen in the eL, a hardworking player and an asset to the squad. However, I cant imagine him being too happy warming the bench for too much longer. I would love to see him play just behind the front two in a Dennis Bergkamp style. Remember how he unlocked the Derry defence so many times from such a position toward the end of last season?

who said it... "its not the flair players who're the luxury, its the bad players" or such?

GavinZac
11/02/2005, 9:29 AM
oh, and its great to see Roy back. I told him a couple of years ago if he ever comes back he has to sign for City. looks like i'm a city scout now :D

Éanna
11/02/2005, 12:25 PM

exactly. I just don't think you can have him and George in the same team, and George is the obvious choice out of those two every time

Counting Crow
11/02/2005, 12:25 PM
I'm just glad that we are signing someone, anyone. It's always good to take on new faces. It keeps the regulars on their toes.

A face
11/02/2005, 1:07 PM
I'm just glad that we are signing someone, anyone. It's always good to take on new faces. It keeps the regulars on their toes.

But he hasn't signed yet !!

patsh
11/02/2005, 1:40 PM
How come you are down as a "New Signing" Crow?

Haven't heard from you in awhile, did you have to re-register?

Welcome back anyway.....:)

Counting Crow
11/02/2005, 3:51 PM
Yeah Patsh, I had to re register as I had trouble with my e-mail account. But it's good to be back.

Unfortunately I seemed to have lost my credits for th enumber of posts I had .......... so I'm back as a rookie aagain. Still I'll try to catch up and make up for lost time.

Corner - as you can see I'm up and running again ;)

adamd164
12/02/2005, 8:37 AM
I cant imagine him being too happy warming the bench for too much longer.

I think he'll be perfectly happy to collect his dosh and sit on his arse. I don't blame him, most would, but guys with real passion - like Danny Murphy - are distraught at being left out.

jofyisgod
12/02/2005, 9:27 AM
would, but guys with real passion - like Danny Murphy - are distraught at being left out.

So just because Fenn doesn't charge around like a nutjob for 90mins, he instantly has no passion?! You don't have to be rough to show you care, i mean GOC is hardly a workhorse, but no-one doubts his passion for City.

thecorner
12/02/2005, 1:19 PM
Corner - as you can see I'm up and running again ;)

and got ur posts sorted ;)