PDA

View Full Version : Waterford & District League 2004/05

Pages : [1] 2

irisheagle
08/02/2005, 11:00 PM
Are Carrick United going to win three in a row or will Crystal take the title. Hibs looked lightly but were beaten last Sunday by Dungarvan.
Carrick looked awsum hammering Southend

balls
09/02/2005, 6:48 PM
the longer crystal stay in fai the harder it will be for them to focus on league.carrick are also hitting form and will take some stoppin good results lately against tramore and southend

irisheagle
10/02/2005, 7:33 PM
Carrick are also left in the Munster Senior and Junior Cups.
Some cracking games to look forward to in the league

cleansheetagain
10/02/2005, 9:21 PM
hi lads does anyone know a lad by the name of paul o neilli think he went to newcastle for a while but got injured is he still playing and who with he must be 18 or 19 now is he any good

irisheagle
10/02/2005, 11:53 PM
Never heard of him, is he from Waterford ?

cleansheetagain
11/02/2005, 12:19 AM
Never heard of him, is he from Waterford ?
ya waterford lad playing with is it saviours again i think can u check for me

kingpin
11/02/2005, 12:09 PM
paul o' neill is still playing with saviours 1st team, saw him playing against carrick int fai junior cup. He's strong but i wouldnt rate him, didnt play well that day.

carricksmasher
13/02/2005, 8:54 PM
were waterford playing oscar traynor this weekend? Any reports?

irisheagle
13/02/2005, 9:45 PM
Waterford beat Carlow 6-0 to reach the quarter final. They were 5 up at half time.

kingpin
15/02/2005, 4:22 PM
Those any one know the team that the oscar trainer squad started with against carlow on sunday?

cleansheetagain
20/02/2005, 12:18 AM
waterford cryste in 1/4 of fai agaist park of limerick,will they go all the way.

striker
20/02/2005, 12:37 AM
waterford cryste in 1/4 of fai agaist park of limerick,will they go all the way.

good draw for both clubs,stayed away from favs at least, wc must be favs,how are ye going down there,have park a chance or is it same old story for them,have a good time and never finish it and be happy with that.

kingpin
21/02/2005, 1:09 PM
good draw for both clubs,stayed away from favs at least, wc must be favs,how are ye going down there,have park a chance or is it same old story for them,have a good time and never finish it and be happy with that.
How can you say crystal are favourites, the might have home advantage but on recent form you cant be serious. The drew with a bad southend team the weekend, a team that carrick beat 3-0 at their ease.

Supersub
21/02/2005, 4:08 PM
You can expect this site to be getting a lot of posts in the next 10 days or so from all of us Limerick League suporters , particulary any Park supporters that are on the site ...

The big question is are Waterford Crystal deserved favs to beat Park and proceed to the 1/2 finals??

I have seen Park a little this season and they are not a bad side but they are not the finished article either ... How good is the guy who all the appeals were input against. Did he deserve all the attention or was it desperate teams clutching at straws???

cleansheetagain
21/02/2005, 7:18 PM
what kind or pitch do waterford crystal have, is it narrow, wide, short long.

irisheagle
21/02/2005, 10:25 PM
Crystal have two pitches both are excellent once they cut they grass !!! lol. In a resent Munster Cup game they played on a meadow like second pitch hoping to stop Carrick playing football, Carrick won 2-1. Crystal are very fit, very well organised at the back with possibly the best junior keeper in the country. Up front the player who has been the subject of many failed objections Martin Tyain is an excellent goal scorer. Crystal once they go in front are difficult to pull back. They had a lot of good luck when they beat Carrick 2-1 in a previous round and that luck seems to have remained with them since. By no means an outstanding side, but well capable of beating any of whats left in the years competation.
Having said all that their result against Southend in the league was poor, Carrick pasted Southend the previous week with half a team. Park have nothing to fear here, thats one major fact they should get into their minds before traveling.

kingpin
22/02/2005, 11:34 AM
what kind or pitch do waterford crystal have, is it narrow, wide, short long.
The munster junior cup game against carrick was played on their second pitch, which is poor enough. The grass was very high! Their main pitch however is one of the best in the league. it is very level and should be in good nick for the quarter final, there is plenty of space to play ball on it. I would think they will play the 1/4 final on the main one but they pulled a fast one when playing carrick by putting the game on the second pitch, the height of the grass was ridiculous.

kingpin
22/02/2005, 11:39 AM
Irisheagle,
You seem to know a good bit about waterford junior league soccer, have you seen many premier league games recently? If so who do you think are favourites to win the league this year, and how do your rate crystal compared to the other top teams?

carricksmasher
22/02/2005, 12:49 PM
last table i saw had carrick 3 points ahead of crystal but i think crystal had 2 games in hand on them. Southend are top but with a lot more games played than anyone else.

From what I have heard from home carrick are coming into a bit of form and have wayne fitzgerald back from waterford utd as well. Won in the munster senior cup at the weekend and are away to cork city in the next round.

irisheagle
23/02/2005, 12:10 AM
Irisheagle,
You seem to know a good bit about waterford junior league soccer, have you seen many premier league games recently? If so who do you think are favourites to win the league this year, and how do your rate crystal compared to the other top teams?

Carrick have to be favourites, if they want it bad enough they will win it. Hibs have slipped recently while Crystal have yet to prove they will last the pace. Carrick away to Hibs and at home to Crystal will be decesive games. Tramore looked a very good team the day Carrick beat them. Crystal are hard working with little frills, strong at the back. But quite honestly an average team, no less, no more.
Carrick seem to have strength in debth, they hammered Southend with many faces missing. They play Kinsale in the Munster Junior Cup at home next Sunday, should be quite a game. Carrick beat a strong Cork senior league side in The Munster Senior cup Sunday

cleansheetagain
24/02/2005, 10:06 PM
does anyone know if brendan rea is still managen waterford crystal and how is he getting on.

kingpin
25/02/2005, 1:00 PM
Brendan rea is still managing crystal, Ther obviously in the 1/4 of the f.a.i junior cup final and are unbeaten in the league but are out of the munster junior cup. Rea has the crystal team playing a very defensive minded formation.

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2005, 10:47 AM
Did Waterford Crystal win yesterday?????

Park Rangers lost 2-1 away to Pike in a cup game but Park rested a number of players....

The Gaffer
28/02/2005, 11:45 AM
Did Waterford Crystal win yesterday?????

Park Rangers lost 2-1 away to Pike in a cup game but Park rested a number of players....
Crystal Drew 0-0 with Bohs

carricksmasher
28/02/2005, 12:34 PM
carrick won 2-0 in the munster junior cup yesterday and have newcastle west in the quarter finals

The Gaffer
28/02/2005, 1:22 PM
carrick won 2-0 in the munster junior cup yesterday and have newcastle west in the quarter finals
Are they home or away in the 1/4 finals?
Aren't Ferrybank still in that also

kingpin
28/02/2005, 2:47 PM
Are they home or away in the 1/4 finals?
Aren't Ferrybank still in that also
Carrick are away to newcastle west of limerick, and ferrybank are away to tralee dynamos who are an excellent side. Carrick beat tralee away on penalties in the munster senior cup, there an excellent side. Don't know anything about newcastle, incidentally ferrybank are at home to carrick next saturday in the league.

lookout
07/03/2005, 10:57 PM
crystal in the semis, wasnt at the game was it easy for them could they have won by more

carricksmasher
08/03/2005, 8:43 AM
i only heard the report on WLR and judging from that they were comfortable enough, although the goal was a due to a bit of a blunder from the keeper.

Goals4fun
08/03/2005, 9:11 AM
i only heard the report on WLR and judging from that they were comfortable enough, although the goal was a due to a bit of a blunder from the keeper.

They got it wrong, I believe Park were camped in the Crystral half for long periods, hit the crossbar, missed a great chance one on one, and had the keeper scrambling with near misses.
I am sure if you ask somebody in Waterford they will count themselves very lucky !!

Best of luck to them anyway !

The Gaffer
08/03/2005, 11:19 AM
Congrads to waterford Crystal on there Quarter Final win in the Junior Cup, hope they will now go on and win the Comp and bring the Cup to Waterford again

The Gaffer
08/03/2005, 1:24 PM
Well done to waterford crystal on getting into the semis.Literally sent park on their way-didnt even offer them a cup of tea after the game.This is a disgrace.
There was tea and sandwiches provided by Crystal after the game as usual, Park Rangers were also invited to join Crystal in another local pub where the Crystal players went afterwards
Like all the other Quarter Finals Statoil also provided Bottles of water/minerals and sandwiches

willy mcspud
08/03/2005, 3:35 PM
crystal in the semis, wasnt at the game was it easy for them could they have won by more

Not comfortable at all id say park had bout 60 to 70% of posession should have won the game but crystal were very resiliant.Think if they meet tough opposition away from home they will find it hard.an of the 4 teams left can win think they are all fairly equal. :ball:

cleansheetagain
08/03/2005, 10:16 PM

dont no what game all you guys were watching crystal were very lucky,only 1 chance in the 1st half,1 in the 2nd ok good average i suppose,park had a bag full on another day would of won easily but well done crystal, bast of luck.

kingpin
10/03/2005, 1:18 PM
Anyone Know Where I Can Get Up To Date League Tables ?
If your a local of the waterford or surrounding areas, there's an up to date table in this weeks munster express newpaper

riverside
10/03/2005, 1:26 PM
dont no what game all you guys were watching crystal were very lucky,only 1 chance in the 1st half,1 in the 2nd ok good average i suppose,park had a bag full on another day would of won easily but well done crystal, bast of luck.
Fair enough comment on the match, they are not a bad sign and it wont be easy to beat them in the semi,sespecially in Waterford.

riverside
10/03/2005, 1:33 PM
Not comfortable at all id say park had bout 60 to 70% of posession should have won the game but crystal were very resiliant.Think if they meet tough opposition away from home they will find it hard.an of the 4 teams left can win think they are all fairly equal. :ball:
Westport must fancy their chances big time .The two great wins away from home against PIKE AND kILLESTER should make them clear favs. but my money is on Carew to pull off the stroke of the season especially if they get the tie in Limerick and can keep their composure which is a problem for them sometimes

blobbyblob
12/03/2005, 11:11 AM
Anyone Know Where I Can Get Up To Date League Tables ?

Every Wed in the News and Star. Not the online version sadly.

carricksmasher
04/04/2005, 7:59 AM
carrick beaten 2-1 by cork city yesterday in the munster senior cup. Denied a clear penalty in the last few minutes by all accounts

The Gaffer
11/04/2005, 9:37 AM
Any News From The Waterford Crystal Camp Ahead Of The Fai Final.
How Are They Doing Lately.
Hearing Conflicting Reports As To Where The Venue For The Final Is ?
Carew Pk Are Going Nicely In Limerick Having Beaten Pike And Fairview In Consectutive Big Matches .
Crystal beat Dungarvan 2 nil yesterday. I heard that Tuners Cross is confirmed

blutil
21/04/2005, 12:09 PM
YES !!!! :D :D :D :D

http://www.villafc.ie/newsdetail.asp?item=96

kingpin
21/04/2005, 1:17 PM
YES !!!! :D :D :D :D

http://www.villafc.ie/newsdetail.asp?item=96
How do yee think yee will do with the big boys next season

blutil
21/04/2005, 10:11 PM
Suppose only time will tell see if players come or go in the summer. We played Hibs, DLS and Tramore in the cups this year and only lost to tramore, i know cup games are completely different and week in week out up in the premier is going to be tough epsecially seeing as the average age of the team is about 22. but i think the least we should be hoping for is staying up :confused:

carricksmasher
13/05/2005, 9:48 AM
CHAMPIONS!!!

carrick beat hibs 2-1 last night to wrap up the league with a game to spare. 3 in a row now and 5 from the last 6 :)
Collect the trophy at home to crystal on saturday.

kingpin
13/05/2005, 9:49 AM
Hibbs 1-2 Carrick united

!!!CARRICK UNITED!!!
Premier League Champions 2004/2005
C'MON THE HOOPS

carricksmasher
13/05/2005, 12:11 PM
almost submitted in sync ;)

kingpin
13/05/2005, 2:39 PM
almost submitted in sync ;)
Great minds think alike!!

irisheagle
13/05/2005, 11:14 PM
CHAMPIONS!!!

carrick beat hibs 2-1 last night to wrap up the league with a game to spare. 3 in a row now and 5 from the last 6 :)
Collect the trophy at home to crystal on saturday.

Crystal not traveling to Carrick Saturday, a total sham

balls
14/05/2005, 3:53 PM
why wont they travel surely they would want the preparation before fai final. a game against carrick would stand to them in final

irisheagle
14/05/2005, 10:51 PM
why wont they travel surely they would want the preparation before fai final. a game against carrick would stand to them in final

Asked Crystal that