PDA

View Full Version : Waterford & District League 2004/05

Pages : 1 [2]

Bad Bob
15/05/2005, 7:16 PM
I suppose Crystal are trying to concentrate on bigger competitions.

The Gaffer
16/05/2005, 7:21 AM
Im sure Crystal are looking after their players, Carrick are known to be the bully boy's of this League ask Bohs

kingpin
16/05/2005, 8:07 AM
Im sure Crystal are looking after their players, Carrick are known to be the bully boy's of this League ask Bohs
Bully boys my a*se!! Crystal are just afraid to come to carrick because football would win by a mile on the night, and since crystal are only capable to defend for their lives and rely hugely on their keeper, we no what the outcome would of been. That makes three seasons in a row crystal have not fulfilled a league fixture in carrick. A game against carrick would be the perfect preparation for the upcoming junior cup final. If you were at the bohs game, you would of seen that the injured party threw the first punches and unlucky for him he missed. Its a total disgrace that crystal failed to fulfill their fixtures and if carrick did what they did, the repercussions for the club would be enormus. Being bully boys doesn't give you total dominance of the waterford junior league for the last six years, get real and stop being afraid of being beaten!! Yee are only bitter because we won the league and would of received the cup in front of yee.

The very best of luck to waterford crystal in the f.a.i junior cup final.

kingpin
16/05/2005, 8:10 AM
I suppose Crystal are trying to concentrate on bigger competitions.
So were carrick last year, when the junior league made them play mid-week fixtures before a munster junior cup final, f.a.i junior cup final and munster senior cup semi-final. This years final wont be played for at least another two weeks.

carricksmasher
16/05/2005, 8:20 AM
no doubt the waterford league will take fcuk all action as per usual. As said already Carrick have never been done any favours by the clowns in waterford that attempt to draw up fixture lists especially last year when they were involved in the FAI and munster junior cups, munster senior cup and FAI cup.

Seems to be bit of a theme lately, the junior league couldnt even be bothered to travel to carrick the week before to present the 3rd division league trophy...nice one lads :mad:

The Gaffer
16/05/2005, 10:11 AM
Correct me if Im wrong but did Carrick and Crystal meet 3 times this season already and Crystal won two of those games!

carricksmasher
16/05/2005, 1:24 PM
Correct me if Im wrong but did Carrick and Crystal meet 3 times this season already and Crystal won two of those games!

carrick played crystal 3 times away from home this season. Crystal won the FAI junior cup and league games 2-1 and Carrick won the munster junior cup game 2-1.

Bad Bob
16/05/2005, 6:22 PM
At the end of the day Crystal win the big matches!!!

Pity we couldn't say the same about Carrick. :rolleyes: ;)

irisheagle
16/05/2005, 9:41 PM
Question
What have Crystal won this season ? nothing.

Question
What have Crystal won for the past six seasons ? nothing.

Carrick have been the best team in Waterford for the past 6 season something the city clubs cannot take.

kingpin
17/05/2005, 7:52 AM

What big matches? Carrick don't need to prove anything to yee, five league titles, two ardagh cups and a munster junior cup in the last six years compared to crystal's............. still thinking..............NOTHING!! Start boasting when you've something to boast about, yee should concentrate on winning the f.a.i junior cup instead of starting debates you havent a chance in winning.

The Gaffer
17/05/2005, 8:15 AM
What big matches? Carrick don't need to prove anything to yee, five league titles, two ardagh cups and a munster junior cup in the last six years compared to crystal's............. still thinking..............NOTHING!! Start boasting when you've something to boast about, yee should concentrate on winning the f.a.i junior cup instead of starting debates you havent a chance in winning.
If Carrick dont need to prove anything to Crystal, why are they whinging about the game not been on the weekend.
Crystal also made history in 95/96, becoming the only Junior Club to win the Munster Senior Cup and to this day no other Junior Club has done that

Bad Bob
17/05/2005, 8:46 AM
As regards Crystal Vs Carrick games this season the following must be remembered.

Firstly, Carrick were very unfortunate to have to play away three times this season (2 of which were cup games) but were beaten fairly in the first encounter by a late Crystal goal.

Secondly, the FAI Cup defeat was inflicted by Crystal who played for over half an hour with 10 men after Pa Roche was wrongly sent off by and Carrick awarded a dubious penalty!!

Lastly, had it not been for a unbelievable error by referee "Starry" Walsh in the Munster Cup game, Carrick would have tasted defeat for a thrid time this season! He awarded Carrick a goal when the ball hit the post and came back out into play! I congratulate you on your league success because the best team will always win the league however you must admit defeat when it comes to battles with Crystal this season!

kingpin
17/05/2005, 9:32 AM
If Carrick dont need to prove anything to Crystal, why are they whinging about the game not been on the weekend.
Crystal also made history in 95/96, becoming the only Junior Club to win the Munster Senior Cup and to this day no other Junior Club has done that
True, and full credit due. We had nothing to prove to crystal on saturday, I thought it was extremely bad form for the club not to fulfill the fixture when they had no real excuse. My point of view on the matter is crystal didnt want us to receive the cup in front of them, as they had come so close themselves this season which is just been bitter. We won the league last thursday night by beating hibbs and after our celebrations we returned to the dressing rooms. As we approached the hibbs players came back out and applauded us, real sportsmanship. There a credit to themselves, the club and the game of football. Its a pity the rest of the clubs can't be as sporting.

carricksmasher
17/05/2005, 11:05 AM
Lastly, had it not been for a unbelievable error by referee "Starry" Walsh in the Munster Cup game, Carrick would have tasted defeat for a thrid time this season! He awarded Carrick a goal when the ball hit the post and came back out into play! I congratulate you on your league success because the best team will always win the league however you must admit defeat when it comes to battles with Crystal this season!

the history of football in waterford would probably be different if we were to talk about every error by the one and only starry ;)

The Gaffer
17/05/2005, 12:32 PM
the history of football in waterford would probably be different if we were to talk about every error by the one and only starry ;)
How could you expect Starry to ref a game when he's driving taxis all night till 9.30 in the morning and doing a game at 11.00 :)

irisheagle
17/05/2005, 6:07 PM
Stary could not see the ball in the high grass that day.. lol

carricksmasher
17/05/2005, 8:07 PM
the only time stary sees the ball is when he checks it at kick off :o

blutil
24/05/2005, 5:13 PM
Villa won the 1st division cup 3-0 against bolton last night !

--------------
www.villafc.ie

backodanet
26/05/2005, 3:33 PM
Lads,

with all the crap with the other semi have crystal any matches left i know they are in the fai senior but is the rest of their season over

kingpin
27/05/2005, 9:25 AM
No they still have to play the local premier cup, it should be played off within the next 2 weeks

backodanet
27/05/2005, 9:49 AM
CHEERS KINGPIN no doubt they will be out in force in limerick on sunday

Raoul Duke
31/05/2005, 12:19 PM
Can anybody help me out with information on Waterford Crystal? Or even direct me towards it, a website or something?
I'm putting together a piece on the Junior Cup Final, and I could do with a bit of info on the team.
Just Key Players, Top Scorers, Manager, Path to the Final etc..

Galla
31/05/2005, 1:05 PM
Who's left in Ardagh Cup - any idea of fixtures?

The Gaffer
31/05/2005, 2:25 PM
Who's left in Ardagh Cup - any idea of fixtures?
Carrick v Tramore (Thurs 2nd June - Ozier Park KO: 6.45)
Wat' Crystal v Ferrybank (Wed 1st June - Ozier Park KO:6.45)

Final
Tues 7th June Ozier KO: 6.45

Galla
31/05/2005, 3:09 PM
Thanks Gaffer.
So will we get actually get a Carrick / Crystal showdown after all. I reckon it will be a case of whether Crystal feel they need the hassle of a niggly 'local' derby when they have bigger fish to fry. I'd imagine Carrick would love the chance of one more go at them. We'll see !!

kingpin
31/05/2005, 3:36 PM
Thanks Gaffer.
So will we get actually get a Carrick / Crystal showdown after all. I reckon it will be a case of whether Crystal feel they need the hassle of a niggly 'local' derby when they have bigger fish to fry. I'd imagine Carrick would love the chance of one more go at them. We'll see !!
I reckon it will be the case of whether crystal have the balls to play a good side, or if dey'll pull out in fear of being beaten. The latter id say!!

The Gaffer
01/06/2005, 7:15 AM
I reckon it will be the case of whether crystal have the balls to play a good side, or if dey'll pull out in fear of being beaten. The latter id say!!
Did Crystal not play GOOD SIDES during their Junior Cup run (one of which included Carrick)?, There are also numerous GOOD SIDES in the Waterford Premier League which Crystal have played all year!

kingpin
01/06/2005, 7:53 AM
Did Crystal not play GOOD SIDES during their Junior Cup run (one of which included Carrick)?, There are also numerous GOOD SIDES in the Waterford Premier League which Crystal have played all year!
The only decent sides they played were carrick and galway hibbs, and as regards the league. Tramore are the only other side worth mentioning.

kingpin
08/06/2005, 9:28 AM

So why didint they beat carrick last night?

CARRICK UNITED
Waterford premier league and Ardagh cup winners 2004/05