PDA

View Full Version : Rant and cribbing thread

Risteard
08/02/2005, 1:49 PM
I've noticed that we're all a bunch of moaners here setting threads up to voice our irritation over adverts, bands etc etc, hence the title.
This should have 47 pages by midnight.
Let me go first.
Question.
Every tabloid would be only about 8 pages if they took out all the new sexy Jennifer Ellison photo shoots & the shots of that clown Pete Doherty (who?) with sweat running down his nose and the big stupid eyes up on him.
Feck off like.
Morons.
Shove your drugs up yer ass and get out of my paper.
Next.

Ruairi
08/02/2005, 1:58 PM
Alrighty then...

my new boxer shorts are far too tight...

patsh
08/02/2005, 1:59 PM
I'm sick of people posting on here about people in the tabliods I've never heard of -
Jennifer Ellison ?????:confused:
Pete Doherty ????? :confused:
Morons.
Shove your drugs up yer ass and get out of my forum.
Next.

:D

Éanna
08/02/2005, 2:01 PM
Irish drivers in general- especially middle-aged men, women and boy-racers.

Gary
08/02/2005, 2:02 PM
Dont buy tabloids then Risteard ;)

My pet hate would have to be the idiots who are forever getting caught in the yellow box outside the opera house at Christy Ring Bridge, causing no traffic being able to get through.

Im also not a fan of Keyboard Warriors. Get a life will ye!

And simply, people with no manners. Please and thanks isnt that hard.

Éanna
08/02/2005, 2:04 PM
My pet hate is everyone and everything I don't like, which is most people and most things
thats what you meant to say, isn't it :p

Gary
08/02/2005, 2:06 PM
Especially you and your clothes!

Schumi
08/02/2005, 2:07 PM
Irish drivers in general- especially middle-aged men, women and boy-racers.
And old men too. :D

Éanna
08/02/2005, 2:07 PM
good. I'm glad I can irritate you just by wearing clothes. Saves me making an effort.

Gary
08/02/2005, 2:13 PM
Just to clarify, its that Murphys T shirt. The rest....well :D

Ruairi
08/02/2005, 2:14 PM
There isnt really a "rest" when it comes to Eanna's dress "sense"...it's a murphy's t-shirt and a big stupid grin 99 per cent of the time...

Éanna
08/02/2005, 2:52 PM
There isnt really a "rest" when it comes to Eanna's dress "sense"...it's a murphy's t-shirt and a big stupid grin 99 per cent of the time...
still shopping in mothercare for trousers to fit you, are ya? :D

Ruairi
08/02/2005, 2:52 PM
oooohhhhhhh...... :p

Risteard
08/02/2005, 7:14 PM
Dont buy tabloids then Risteard ;)
Fair point.
But then i wouldn't get excited about fantastical transfer rumours/lies
eg. "Spillane said there's some Carlos Chera guy on trial at City there next week."

My pet hate would have to be the idiots who are forever getting caught in the yellow box outside the opera house at Christy Ring Bridge, causing no traffic being able to get through..

Bad motorists are going to drive me to self-mutilation when i start driving there next week. I can see as a passenger how irrritating one persons ignorance can be.
Lots of traffic jams in towns are often caused by one person doing something completely selfish and unthoughtful.
Another major one for me would be shams and boyos (young ones are often worse.
I'm desperate at dealing with idiots.
There actually is nowhere in the world short of a scumbag.

finlma
08/02/2005, 7:22 PM
1. People who read tabloids :D
2. People who feed pigeons. Stop doing it, they're vermon.
3. People that stand up on a plane as soon as it stops and then have to wait 10 minutes before the doors open.
4. People that hand out fliers on the street.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

jofyisgod
08/02/2005, 7:37 PM
1. People who read tabloids :D
2. People who feed pigeons. Stop doing it, they're vermon.
3. People that stand up on a plane as soon as it stops and then have to wait 10 minutes before the doors open.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Agree totally with all three-like airplanes, people who press the bell on the bus about a millimetre past the previous stop, and then diligently stand attached to the door until their stop! Alos, prams on buses along with phones on buses/trains in London:

'Yeah honey-naah, i'm on the train...Naah, Lewisham(chews on gum) love ya babes"

Pure vomit.

finlma
08/02/2005, 8:01 PM
'Yeah honey-naah, i'm on the train...Naah, Lewisham(chews on gum) love ya babes"

Pure vomit.

Agreed, I hate those chavs on the DLR - used wreck my head when I lived in Greenwich.

pete
08/02/2005, 9:10 PM
Yellow Box hoggers - i'd buy a tank & drive straight through.
Telecom "can i speak to payer of the bill..." cold callers.
Trade Unions.

will be back when i have more :)

Réiteoir
08/02/2005, 9:12 PM
Kidderminster Harriers
Neil Warnock
Jan Molby
1 cent coins (too damn small ffs)
The Office (the one with that idiot Gervais in it)

NEXT!

SÓC
08/02/2005, 10:19 PM
Drivers who cannot use Roundabouts, generally anyone over 45 IMO.

3 worse ones in Cork for pure stupidity are Wilton, Sarsfiled and Jack Lynch. Its not bloody rocket science, the painting on the road even tells you what lane to go into.

For all UCC folks, people going down the wrong side of the steps into the Booles!

Éanna's gang

edit

forgot a few more

People stealing about 10 metres when they go to take a throw in.

All bluffers

Merion Gates/Toll Bridge in Dublin at rush hour

exile
09/02/2005, 7:59 AM
1. has to be dubs that say "you's" "bleedin" and "bud" in every sentence
2. knacker dubs that have never been out of the dubland and think its a
some sort cultural mecca
3. the junkie scum that seem to be eveywhere in dubland latley

and for good measure the luas the toll bridge and that wierdo neighbour i have :D

sadloserkid
09/02/2005, 1:01 PM
good. I'm glad I can irritate you just by wearing clothes. Saves me making an effort.

Well you'd irriate me more if you didn't wear clothes... I can see blindness sweeping UCC like a plague... :D

Macy
09/02/2005, 1:26 PM
Today my rant will relate to driving...

1) Drivers in traffic jams/crawling traffic that leave about half a mile between them and the one in front - just drive up to the car and stop ffs.

2) People who push into lanes at the last minute to avoid que's. They either nearly cause a crash in the moving lane, or get let in by one of number 1. (eg the Nutley Lane right hand turn at RTE)

3) People who hog the overtaking lane when the inside is clear/ moving at the same speed as them, particularly (but not exclusively) when they're driving under the speed limit.

4) Tools that drive around with their fog lights on the whole time.

5) People who can't park between the lines in car parks, especially those in big cars. You should have to pass a special parking test to drive any saloon or SUV.

wws
09/02/2005, 1:34 PM
well I hate ppl ranting and raving and moaning so I'll nominate a positive - and congratulate the makers of the Tallaght Ford radio ad - its quite simply a better tune than any pop song ever written - FACT!

TALL-AH, TALLA FORD - ON THE AIRTON ROAD!

TALL-AH, TALLA FORD - ON THE AIRTON ROAD!

FOUR DOUBLE FOUR DOUBLE FOUR DOUBLE FOUR

genius!

Metrostars
09/02/2005, 2:40 PM
- People with bad breath
- People who smell i.e. they don't use deodorant

pete
10/02/2005, 9:47 AM
yeah tala ford ad is great :eek: but theres some stupid ad on for some furniture place recently that has really crap attempt at swedish accent (sounds more dutch to me)

Also i don't like mornings...

noby
10/02/2005, 11:26 AM
web-sites that play music when you log on.

Day-time dj's in general.

More specifically, dj's that 'upgrade' the name of the lead singer to the name of the band. (That was Glen Hansard and the Frames, next up is Jarvis Cocker and Pulp)