PDA

View Full Version : Watch Setanta For Free

harpskid
08/02/2005, 1:39 PM
Setanta Sports are offering one months FREE viewing.

Offer ends on 28th Feb. so its possible to avail of the offer to watch the Setanta Cup.

All you have to do is call them up, tell them you want the one month FREEVIEW , and give your Sky viewing card number and your details

However, if you decide NOT to keep the channel YOU MUST call them back within the free viewing period to cancel otherwise you will be billed.

GavinZac
08/02/2005, 1:56 PM
theres no mention of this on www.Setanta.com , however someone also mentioned it on a different program saying the 30 days free trial can be subscribed to up until 20 Feb, giving the first couple of matches free.

Also, what's the channel's stance on SKY? i always thought that only the Setanta PayPerView channels (ie the ones that show one off coverage, eg hurling finals, celtic games) were on SKY, and not the 'proper' tv channel, one thats live to air continously on a subscription basis.

Slash/ED
08/02/2005, 2:03 PM
The proper channel is on Sky, I forget the number but it's there you just need to pay extra for it.

Éanna
08/02/2005, 2:06 PM
The proper channel is on Sky, I forget the number but it's there you just need to pay extra for it.
its 429. there are 2 pay per view channels as well

LFC in Exile
08/02/2005, 3:56 PM
its 429. there are 2 pay per view channels as well

Can you get this offer through Chorus Digital in Cork? :ball:

anto1208
08/02/2005, 4:59 PM
go to the pub , its also free there ! :D

Éanna
08/02/2005, 7:28 PM
Can you get this offer through Chorus Digital in Cork? :ball:
according to theirsite (http://www.chorus.ie/tv_digital.html) its 12.99 a month

iceman
08/02/2005, 9:54 PM
I called up the Setanta number given on the "telephone numbers" section on Sky and I got the one month Freeview. Just a matter of calling them before it ends to cancel otherwise I will have to pay €99 annual subscription.

I notice that the ad for the Freeview is only going out on Sky.

GalwayFrancis
08/02/2005, 10:04 PM
I called up the Setanta number given on the "telephone numbers" section on Sky and I got the one month Freeview. Just a matter of calling them before it ends to cancel otherwise I will have to pay €99 annual subscription.

I notice that the ad for the Freeview is only going out on Sky.

when the last day for calling setanta? so i can see as much of the cup as possible,,, when is the first match?

KR's Post
09/02/2005, 11:23 AM
Isn't it free anyway...... You know the way you get all the premiership matches and spl matches. ETC ETC

iceman
09/02/2005, 9:43 PM
The last date for requesting the freeview is 28th Feb. AFAIK

BTW - this channel also shows a live premiership game every Sat and an SPL fixture on Sundays.

When I called i was told that it could take up to 2 hours for connection , but in actual fact it was up and running within 10 mins.

holidaysong
10/02/2005, 2:00 PM
It also shows a live Italian game every Sunday night. Was Lazio vs. AC Milan last wk and Palermo vs. Inter the wk before.