PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Horgan (M Wycombe Wanderers b.1992)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gustavo
28/11/2016, 12:52 AM
Went looking for this thread, didn't think I would have to create it myself, if it's already some where else I apologise.

Anyway he's pretty good at the old football. Here's a nice goal admittedly against some no mark Russians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlZHXescBKw

samhaydenjr
28/11/2016, 2:15 AM
Hull interested, cost estimated at 800000 pounds: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-target-jay-rodriguez-transfer-9337502

Diggs246
28/11/2016, 10:56 AM
My understanding is, is that Horgan will be a free transfer once Dundalk get knockout of Europe

TheOneWhoKnocks
09/12/2016, 10:09 AM
I read that it was Kilbane who recommended some of the Dundalk lads to Simon Grayson.

Real ale Madrid
09/12/2016, 10:22 AM
I read that it was Kilbane who recommended some of the Dundalk lads to Simon Grayson.

Link?

TheOneWhoKnocks
09/12/2016, 10:45 AM
Can't link but Google "Newstalk killer on Boyle".

TheOneWhoKnocks
12/12/2016, 11:17 AM
Moves confirmed.

http://www.the42.ie/horgan-and-boyle-join-preston-3134229-Dec2016/

RiffRaff
12/12/2016, 11:25 AM
Poor move for Horgan in my opinion. Looked like he already belongs at a higher level

TheOneWhoKnocks
12/12/2016, 11:35 AM
Poor move for Horgan in my opinion. Looked like he already belongs at a higher level

4 or 5 years ago he would have got a move to a Premier League club, no doubt.

No reason Hourihane shouldn't be playing at that level by January either, but he won't be.

It's getting harder and harder for an Irish player to get concrete interest from teams at that level.

Most moves (like Wilson's failed move to Bournemouth) are lateral.

Any players that make the step up seem to be doing so with promoted teams.

Is it fair to say there are 6 players that could be considered guaranteed starters? Whelan - and perhaps Walters - at Stoke, Ward and Hendrick at Burnley, Coleman at Everton and Arter at Bournemouth.

3 of those players are in their thirties.

It's a dodgy situation.

The days of Sunderland having 6 or 7 Irish in a match day squad are long gone. Hopefully Preston can continue to push for a playoff place.

RiffRaff
12/12/2016, 11:51 AM
4 or 5 years ago he would have got a move to a Premier League club, no doubt.

No reason Hourihane shouldn't be playing at that level by January either, but he won't be.

It's getting harder and harder for an Irish player to get concrete interest from teams at that level.

Most moves (like Wilson's failed move to Bournemouth) are lateral.

Any players that make the step up seem to be doing so with promoted teams.

Is it fair to say there are 6 players that could be considered guaranteed starters? Whelan - and perhaps Walters - at Stoke, Ward and Hendrick at Burnley, Coleman at Everton and Arter at Bournemouth.

3 of those players are in their thirties.

It's a dodgy situation.

The days of Sunderland having 6 or 7 Irish in a match day squad are long gone. Hopefully Preston can continue to push for a playoff place.

Given his performances in the Europa League, I'm disappointed he didn't get a move to the continent. There was rumoured interest from Holland but maybe he didn't fancy going that far. The influx of foreign owners, managers and players in the UK are making it very difficult for Irish players to get a look in.

dr_peepee
12/12/2016, 10:19 PM
I'd be interested in the T&Cs of the contract though. I would say they're more likely to see game time there than Towell was when he moved to Brighton. A two and a half year deal and a successful first season gives them great leverage to step up again. (Not necessarily to a premiership club though given the recent trends. More likely Championship or promotion contender.)

DeLorean
07/01/2017, 3:50 PM
Horgan on the bench for Preston's F.A. Cup match with Arsenal this evening, along with Browne and Doyle. Cunningham and McGeady start.

tetsujin1979
07/01/2017, 4:08 PM
Game on BT Sport, should be streams available from the usual sources

TheOneWhoKnocks
07/01/2017, 4:13 PM
How now Browne cow.

tetsujin1979
07/01/2017, 6:11 PM
off the bench to make his debut

DeLorean
07/01/2017, 6:12 PM
On for the last ten minutes. Browne came on earlier too.

DeLorean
07/01/2017, 6:13 PM
Seriously enthusiastic start already!

Olé Olé
07/01/2017, 6:13 PM
Three very good touches within a minute of coming on and home fans have taken to him it seems.

geysir
07/01/2017, 6:14 PM
He's on fire from the 'get-go'.

Olé Olé
07/01/2017, 6:18 PM
Linked up lovely with McGeady down the left there with a give and go and then took a heavy touch to knock it over the line. Disappointing. Home fans were encouraging in response to it.

Olé Olé
07/01/2017, 6:19 PM
Beautiful pass through to Cunningham there to make up for it.

Olé Olé
07/01/2017, 6:35 PM
One bad cross and one heavy touch from Horgan but the bad cross was after making a mug of the Arsenal RB and the heavy touch was after some nice interplay so can put those down to nerves. Otherwise, he looked really comfortable- showed well, moved well and, aside from the above, used the ball well. I could sense the fans enjoyed the positivity he brought to proceedings. He's on course to have a big impact on the rest of the season for Preston if those ten minutes were anything to go by.

DeLorean
07/01/2017, 6:43 PM
Big time. Really enjoyed Preston overall, they deserved better than what they got in the end but ultimately a bit of quality from Ramsey and Perez was the difference. Arsenal are such divas though, they really don't respond well to teams getting stuck into them. All of the Irish fellas played well, Browne was very effective when he came on.

tetsujin1979
07/01/2017, 8:02 PM
Preston are only six points off the play off positions, and there's four teams between them in 11th and Sheffield Wednesday in sixth. Could make a second half of the season charge for one of the last spots.

Olé Olé
07/01/2017, 8:05 PM
They looked a good side. They could do with another option up front between now and the end of January as that Makienok is big but little else. The other attacking players look good though.

I think they sold one of their centre halves to Bristol City this week for a few pounds so hopefully Boyle will be afforded opportunities too.

harry crumb
07/01/2017, 9:15 PM
Wasn't exactly doing the Stephen Hunt on it when he came on?

He is a confident player. He will be a starter soon enough.

Stuttgart88
08/01/2017, 1:13 PM
Preston look a good outfit and Deepdale is a great ground. The Irish lads there are in a good place I think. McGeady showed some class at times, notably through the middle where he played a valuable late role in both Lille and Vienna.

liamoo11
14/01/2017, 1:10 PM
Starts today best of luck

tetsujin1979
14/01/2017, 3:21 PM
Assist on Preston's second, leading Brighton 2-0 now

Olé Olé
14/01/2017, 4:11 PM
I normally don't tend to like how balls.ie try to control the narrative on everything by use of tweets from the random public but, until I get a better source, PNE fans are delighted with Horgan today. Apparently he went off to an ovation.

Closed Account
14/01/2017, 4:31 PM
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10729018/preston-2-0-brighton 36 seconds in, ball over the top off his left foot.

nigel-harps1954
14/01/2017, 4:47 PM
Cracking ball that.

DeLorean
14/01/2017, 4:57 PM
Makes up great ground to get involved in the celebration too.

paul_oshea
14/01/2017, 5:25 PM
Defending is brutal from both sides.

KrisLetang
14/01/2017, 6:59 PM
The fans have taken to calling him Hulk Horgan.

Charlie Darwin
14/01/2017, 9:46 PM
Defending is brutal from both sides.
I said both defences were mistakes waiting to happen.

tetsujin1979
14/01/2017, 9:51 PM
But you weren't at the game, by the laws of fandom, that renders your opinion irrelevant

Charlie Darwin
14/01/2017, 10:07 PM
But you weren't at the game, by the laws of fandom, that renders your opinion irrelevant
I was following the game via an elite whatsapp group so I'll thank you to take that back.

tetsujin1979
15/01/2017, 3:45 AM
How elite are we talking here?

Charlie Darwin
15/01/2017, 5:22 AM
How elite are we talking here?
The highest level of YBIG. HYBIG.

KrisLetang
15/01/2017, 3:46 PM
What does the H stand for? Or does Tricky even want to know?

Closed Account
21/01/2017, 3:24 PM
On for last half hour. Preston goal needed for acca so don't expect one.

Edit:
Preston score within seconds.

DannyInvincible
09/02/2017, 8:36 PM
Horgan discusses adapting to Championship football with the Lanchashire Evening Post: http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/early-starts-are-new-for-horgan-1-8377701

Preston winger Daryl Horgan has steadily been adapting to English football after moving from Dundalk, with morning training sessions new to his routine.

Horgan was full-time in Ireland, as was Andy Boyle who made the same move last month, but some of their team-mates were not.

That meant training was done in the evenings, once others had clocked-off from their day jobs.

Horgan said: “It was evening sessions back home.

“We were pretty much full-time but a couple of the lads had jobs as well so that would mean you’d train in the evenings.

“You would do your gym work in the morning and then train at 6pm.

“I was still in the gym at the crack of dawn back home.

“It’s a different set-up here but one that’s going to be good for me.

“I’m enjoying the training, with it being in the morning – it’s brilliant.

“Playing in the Europa League definitely helped me get up to the intensity a lot quicker.”

Horgan has played five times for North End since his move across the water.

The 24-year-old made starts against Brighton and Cardiff, with appearances from the bench in the games with Arsenal, Aston Villa and Ipswich.

Centre-half Boyle has yet to feature, and was an unused substitute in the Ipswich and Cardiff matches.

“I’ve said ever since I came that there’s a brilliant squad,” said Horgan, who will hope to feature against Brentford at Deepdale on Saturday.

“You don’t even have to look at the bench – look at the players who aren’t even on the bench.

“Anyone within the squad could do a job and bring something different.

“For the manager to have those decisions to make, it’s obviously not easy for him.

“To be honest we’ve a very strong squad.

“From a team point of view, I want to push for the play-offs and get as high as we possibly can.

“It definitely won’t be out of our grasp, it’ll be difficult but that will have to be the aim.

“Personally I’m just going to try and get into the team as much as a possibly can.

“When I do I’ve got to try and affect games and stay in the manager’s mind.”

tricky_colour
09/02/2017, 10:57 PM
A after a months deliberation I can only assume it stands for high, now all I have to do is figure out what the YBIG bit stands for.

TheOneWhoKnocks
11/02/2017, 3:38 PM
Goal for Horgan.

Park_Lane
14/02/2017, 10:25 PM
Assist for Horgan tonight

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/preston-north-end/10768406/preston-2-1-birmingham

geysir
14/02/2017, 10:34 PM
Yes Park Lane , almost forgotten in the stampede to jump on the McGeady (really) is super bandwagon, but a nicely embedded Horgan continues to demonstrate his graft and guile,
given motm by the more 'knowledgeable' PNE fans this evening. And you know just how much this board values the opinion of the knowledgeable fan.

No doubt he will at least be on the bench v Wales and as a small bonus, O'Neill can claim if necessary to have already picked him out when he was playing for nothing club.

TheOneWhoKnocks
14/02/2017, 10:56 PM
SW, Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield all won today so Preston need a wing and a prayer to reach the Playoffs.

Hopefully they're there and thereabouts next season.

Charlie Darwin
14/02/2017, 11:11 PM
SW, Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield all won today so Preston need a wing and a prayer to reach the Playoffs.

Hopefully they're there and thereabouts next season.
There's almost always a late bolter for the playoffs and at least one team that trails off disastrously. So I wouldn't say it's that unlikely. They're hitting form right when they need to.

DeLorean
15/02/2017, 8:17 AM
Norwich seem to have got their act together so I'd say they'll probably make it.