PDA

View Full Version : New Team

Maynard
08/02/2005, 10:18 AM
Well lads it's been a bit quiet here of late, but with a good first win against Pats the other night under our belts how do people feel about the look of our shiny new team? Personally I was very encouraged by the performance in Inchicore. We looked very big and physical (a trait we very much lacked last season) and with Ben Whelehan, Collins, Vaughan and many others we certainly didn't look short on the skill side of things. Good attacking options down both flanks, plenty of players who can fill different positions, and with Ben as captain I don't see why we can't have a very good year. That said lets try and not to get carried away after only one game, and hopefully the injuries will clear up, (the sooner Griff is back the better)

Any opinions?

Terry
08/02/2005, 10:40 AM
ye have brought in a lot of good players this year and if they gel well together ye should win the league IMO. But as they say anything can happen and it should be a very entertaining year with probably Dublin, Kildare and Galway battling it out :)

tallaghtfornia
10/02/2005, 11:59 AM
as a hoop i was disgusted with roddys actions last season so i hope that keely the rovers legend will get you back up.
u have made some great signings and will compete but i would be a bit concerned about teams comin to tolka with no fear because of the lack of support and atmosphere at your games.
best of luck and watch out for kilkenny city, have a sneaky feelin bout them

Maynard
11/02/2005, 6:14 PM
Thanks for the support Tallaghtfornia. Point taken on Kilkenny, as for the atmosphere (or lack of it) there's a plan for the fans to relocate behind the goal for next season with the drum etc and to do our best at making some atmosphere, if the team starts winning again then that will help I imagine. None of us really wanted to be in Tolka anyway, too big for most Premier teams nevermind a new club in the 1st, but we'll have to play the hand we've been dealt. Intend to make a bit of noise on away trips to smaller grounds this year also.

P.S I sincerely hope Roddy doesn't do a job on your club also.

tallaghtfornia
15/02/2005, 11:09 AM
believe me maynard every rovers fan wants success and 9 out of 10 want collins to walk and we can get a true hoop in to put us back where we belong,drums are handy enough to get hold of but if u want the big flags rovers have contact www.srfcultras.net who might be able to help cause they are the reason bohs, shels, pats and cork have them.
make sure u look after keely, he is a top manager. we made a huge mistake appointing buckley ahead of him a few years back