PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior Cup Semi-Final Draw

joe
07/02/2005, 6:29 PM
Midleton or Bandon or Fermoy or St Mary's or Carrigaline Utd v Cork City or Ballinhassig or Carrick Utd

Clonmel Town or Cobh Ramblers v Avondale Utd or Mayfield Utd or Leeds AFC

Daets and venues TBC

James
07/02/2005, 6:35 PM
Midleton or Bandon or Fermoy or St Mary's or Carrigaline Utd v Cork City or Ballinhassig or Carrick Utd

looks pretty clear cut to me :)

pete
07/02/2005, 9:33 PM
Don't they call that the round of 16? ;)

razor
08/02/2005, 7:27 AM
looks like well be getting medals this year! ;)
Runners Up is it ?
Remember Carrick last year, don't let it happen again.

sullanefc
08/02/2005, 8:32 AM
Pardon my ignorance. But why aren't Waterford Utd in this comp? Would be very surprised if they were knocked out already. Do they not enter this comp??

patsh
08/02/2005, 9:01 AM
Pardon my ignorance. But why aren't Waterford Utd in this comp? Would be very surprised if they were knocked out already. Do they not enter this comp??
They sulk in case the final gets to be played in the Cross.

Gary
08/02/2005, 10:45 AM
To be fair, the final should be moved around Munster. I know this was done last season, and hopefully will continue.

Also, why dont Limerick play in this?

Partizan
08/02/2005, 12:32 PM
we just couldnt be arsed playing in the Munster Joke Cup, either are Limerick for that matter.

Gary
08/02/2005, 12:53 PM
^^

Afraid that you wont win it, is it?

Éanna
08/02/2005, 1:13 PM
Not 100% sure of the facts on this, but they were given a ban for a few years from it a few years back, because they got to the final (against City) and then didn't turn up for it, because they wanted it moved to accomodate some of their players who were away at the time. I think the ban finished a year or two ago, but they just never bothered coming back.

Gary
08/02/2005, 1:16 PM
They came back one season alright.

I think they lost the final to City, with a Denis Behan free-kick.

Citygirl
08/02/2005, 2:29 PM
They came back one season alright.

I think they lost the final to City, with a Denis Behan free-kick.

correct..think it was from bout 25 yards out, into the shed end..what a goal!

patsh
08/02/2005, 2:33 PM
Didn't Robbie Hederman score against them in a semi-final?

Or am I dreaming?...:p

irisheagle
08/02/2005, 10:14 PM
This competation is a joke.
Nice for a junior side to come thru and draw the likes of Cork City. But thats it !!, if City want to win this cup again they will.
Its interesting to note junior sides remain while Munster Snr. League sides fall out.

Bet the same thing will happen to Cobh in Clonmel as happened them last year in Carrick, i.e. get stuffed

Pablo
08/02/2005, 10:31 PM
we just couldnt be arsed playing in the Munster Joke Cup, either are Limerick for that matter.

well as Munsters no.1 club we feel it is worth entering if only to give the u21's an outing.

it'd distract Waterford from their relegation battle i suppose

irisheagle
08/02/2005, 11:06 PM
Munster's Number 1 Club !!, only four Eircom league sides in Munster so it easy to be number one.
Of the four only one have their own ground .. Cobh .. so it hard to call yourself No. 1 when you have no home. Limerick play in Pike Rovers ground, Waterford in the local regional grounds, and Cork at the home of The Munster FA

Most top Junior sides in Munster purchased their grounds years ago yet Eircom League clubs depend on others to supply. All the cash raised by junior clubs goes back into their facilities, the cash taken by Eircom clubs into the pockets of players and officals. So number 1 yes !!

Pablo
08/02/2005, 11:07 PM
Munster's Number 1 Club !!, only four Eircom league sides in Munster so it easy to be number one.
Of the four only one have their own ground .. Cobh .. so it hard to call yourself No. 1 when you have no home. Limerick play in Pike Rovers ground, Waterford in the local regional grounds, and Cork at the home of The Munster FA

Most top Junior sides in Munster purchased their grounds years ago yet Eircom League clubs depend on others to supply. All the cash raised by junior clubs goes back into their facilities, the cash taken by Eircom clubs into the pockets of players and officals. So number 1 yes !!

so who do you think paid for the developements at turners cross?

patsh
09/02/2005, 10:21 AM
if there was no such club as Cork City,Ramblers would be the biggest club in Ireland!no joke!

Since when do all other clubs get less than 300 at their games?....:p

razor
09/02/2005, 10:33 AM
Ramblers would be the biggest club in Ireland!no joke!
Cobh Ramblers ! Yes Joke!

Partizan
09/02/2005, 11:04 AM
well, at least Cobh are the only Munster club with their own ground at present.

if you really want to find out who are numero uno in the province, 3 of the sides can clain to be unique in their own regard.

Cobh: own ground.

Waterford U: Most sucessful team in Munster to date

Cork City: biggest support in Munster.

razor
09/02/2005, 12:15 PM
if we were the only club people would come from all over And if me auntie had b@lls.......

SÓC
09/02/2005, 12:20 PM

....2 words just for you Partiboi;

Shamrock Rovers

Gary
09/02/2005, 12:33 PM
Shams aint from Munster SOC, unless of course you are referring to the home game against City in the Cross? ;)

Éanna
09/02/2005, 2:17 PM
Shams aint from Munster SOC, unless of course you are referring to the home game against City in the Cross? ;)
I think he was making the point that history is worth absolutely SFA in the grand scheme of things. Which is perfectly true

SÓC
09/02/2005, 4:26 PM
I think he was making the point that history is worth absolutely SFA in the grand scheme of things. Which is perfectly true

Yep what Mr. Teacher Sir said then again you have a point Gary.

Shamrock Rovers are the most sucessful club ever to play out of Munster:D

That leaves Waterford out of the running I suppose

adamcarr
09/02/2005, 4:32 PM

Eh..eh...eh.. you mean the biggest support in Ireland! :)

irisheagle
10/02/2005, 6:25 PM
so who do you think paid for the developements at turners cross?

The FAI and the Munster FA. Its a shame cash is poured into the homeless Eircom league clubs, while home owners ie junior clubs get nothing

SÓC
11/02/2005, 2:18 PM
The FAI and the Munster FA. Its a shame cash is poured into the homeless Eircom league clubs, while home owners ie junior clubs get nothing

Cork City FC did contribute to the upgrading of the Cross. As did the MFA and I assume the FAI did too.

Homeless? Terms of the lease that the MFA have on the Cross state that they HAVE to let City play there for a reasonable rent. We're as secure as anyone who owns a ground.

Counting Crow
12/02/2005, 11:34 PM
Bloody hell - it's 6 weeks before the start of the season and we're in the semi-finals of a cup competition already.

I can feel it in me waters but this is gonna be one hell of a season ;) :D

If we keep this pace up the season will be over by Easter and we'll be in the final of the UEFA Cup before I go on me holidays in July.

At this rate the FAI may even send us to Germany to represent Ireland in the World Cup...........God is that the time, I must go to bed.

kevincronin2000
21/02/2005, 9:34 AM
Well the draw should be made easier now, some games played yesterday (sunday ) I tam not to sure of the results, I think carrick are out and it was 1-0 in the mayfield v leeds game (to leeds i think)

razor
21/02/2005, 2:42 PM
Weekends results were
Mayfield 1-2 Leeds
St Marys 2-1 Carrigaline Utd
Ballinhassig 1-1 Carrick Utd
Carrick won 3-1 on pens

So the draw now looks like
Midleton or Bandon or Fermoy or St Mary's v Cork City or Carrick Utd

Clonmel Town or Cobh Ramblers v Avondale Utd or Leeds AFC

kevincronin2000
21/02/2005, 5:04 PM
So when do we play carrick?
Would be good to get a competitive (pre season) game under our belt.

Pablo
21/02/2005, 5:05 PM
So when do we play carrick?
Would be good to get a competitive (pre season) game under our belt.

i think its on the MFA website ;)

irisheagle
03/03/2005, 10:48 PM
Munster FA want Carrick, a junior club, to play this game mid week in Cork. Carrick refused. Finish a days work at 4 or 5pm get on a bus for two hours then play an Eircom League team, a bit much to expect.

City should travel to Carrick to play this game, they have excellent facilities even hot showers !!! :D

razor
14/03/2005, 7:39 AM
looks like well be getting medals this year! ;)
:D I don't think so. :D

Weekends results were
Avondale Utd 3-0 Leeds
Clonmel Town 2-1 Cobh Ramblers

So the draw now looks like
Midleton or Bandon or Fermoy or St Mary's v Cork City or Carrick Utd

Clonmel Town v Avondale Utd

fc hammer
14/03/2005, 8:16 AM
well, at least Cobh are the only Munster club with their own ground at present.

if you really want to find out who are numero uno in the province, 3 of the sides can clain to be unique in their own regard.

Cobh: own ground.

Limerick FC own there own ground....

paudie
14/03/2005, 8:22 AM
Limerick FC own there own ground....

Do the club own Hogan Park or Danny Drew or is it some kind of lease agreement?