PDA

View Full Version : Clinton's future, from the BBc Website

NeilMcD
07/02/2005, 10:28 AM
Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is keen for striker Clinton Morrison to sign a new contract at the end of the season.
Bruce insists Morrison is in his plans despite bringing Robbie Blake and Walter Pandiani in during the window.

The Blues boss said: "I still want him to sign a new contract, and I've made it clear I want him to stay.

"Sometimes I have let Clinton down because he's done more than most in the last couple of years, but I hope he understands the situation."

Morrison has often been the player to make way, despite being in a good vein of form with goals to help Birmingham skate clear of the relegation battle.

The Republic of Ireland striker was dropped for the FA Cup tie at Chelsea and Bruce went with Blake and Pandiani against Southampton, even though Emile Heskey was injured.

Bruce said: "I feel harsh on Clinton because in December he has played as well as he has ever done since he's been at the club.

"Of course he is not happy but if anyone doesn't play and is happy, then something is wrong. Everyone wants to play in the Premier League.

"I've made it clear I want him to be part of what we do."

Stuttgart88
07/02/2005, 10:33 AM
That's a good response from Bruce as Clinton can rightly feel hard done by.

It appears that this Pandiani guy might have been signed too late now anyway.

In a sense I'm happy enough to see Clinton and Robbie coming from the bench for their clubs. Each will be hungry, fresh and hopefully injury free for Israel.

wws
07/02/2005, 11:43 AM
i'd take the opposite view - Morrison has to move on - his position is untenable at birmingham - he's done well for them yet is not given first pick - when you cant win a place on merit cause of a rookie managers notions than get out before it harms your career

finlma
07/02/2005, 6:56 PM
Why does Bruce keep saying he wants him to stay but then doesn't even play him when Heskey is injured? It must be confusing for Morrisson. I think he should move on if he's given a chance with another Premiership side.

TheJamaicanP.M.
07/02/2005, 7:07 PM
I think Clinton should move on. Bruce is a L@nger. He wanted to sign Craig Bellamy in the transfer window. Nuff said.
Clinton deserves to be at a club where the manager will treat him with respect.