PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kilbane wins player of the year award

beautifulrock
06/02/2005, 9:56 PM
"Kevin Kilbane, fresh from Everton's escape act against Southampton at St Mary's today, was named Irish Senior International of the year at the CityWest Hotel today.

Kilbane beat off competition from Robbie Keane and Shay Given to pick up the award"

From the RTE website, seems to me a fair choice.

Cowboy
06/02/2005, 10:02 PM
yeah good luck to him

onenilgameover
06/02/2005, 10:04 PM
I think thats well deserved out of the three...did anyone here the name of the winner of the tickets, travel etc. to the cyprus game?...They picked Keanes goal against holland as the best irish international goal this year...I presume because i have'nt got a phone call I gotta start saving me turtles.............

Éanna
06/02/2005, 10:26 PM
Delighted for him. Considering the abuse he's got at various stages from people who don't appreciate his quality. he justs gets better and better. totally deserved

gspain
07/02/2005, 8:08 AM
Definitely the right choice the guy had a great year.

Eire06
07/02/2005, 8:12 AM
good old Zinadine Kilbane...

Shay would have been my choice but I think it will give Kilbane a great boost....

NeilMcD
07/02/2005, 9:34 AM
Yeah it was pretty tight i would say, Kilbane has been great except in Basel but lets hope that Shay Given is never in the running again and does not have much to do from now on. Dont think i could take another night like the one in Basel.

pete
07/02/2005, 9:05 PM
Well deserved, hes been very consistent all year except for maybe Basel but then again not many can be proud of performance there.