PDA

View Full Version : numbers on jerseys

thecorner
06/02/2005, 2:23 PM
what is the rule on this

watching the southampton-everton game at the mo and everton player hibbert has no name and no number on his jersey

surely there must be some law in the game about this

Closed Account 2
06/02/2005, 2:49 PM
its because he split blood on his shirt, and FIFA have decreed that bloody shirts cant be worn for fear of infection, so that rule overrides the number rule.

thecorner
06/02/2005, 2:55 PM
its because he split blood on his shirt, and FIFA have decreed that bloody shirts cant be worn for fear of infection, so that rule overrides the number rule.

but shouldnt he be made change to a jersey with a number and name

Closed Account 2
06/02/2005, 2:58 PM
yeah probably should, maybe they didnt take a spare set of tops with them to the ground.

joe
06/02/2005, 4:31 PM
I think such a rule exists for FIFA/UEFA competitions but maybe not in domestic leagues???

liam88
06/02/2005, 8:59 PM
its because he split blood on his shirt, and FIFA have decreed that bloody shirts cant be worn for fear of infection,
Bizzare rule as most diseases inc. AIDS/HIV cannae last more than 3 seconds outside the body............last night I watched the ref, a player and the re-icing machine taking about 10 minutes to clean the blood off the ice at the hockey game!

onenilgameover
06/02/2005, 9:49 PM
I know its a different sport but anyone notice the disappearing numbers on the Italian Jerseys in the match today. Very odd indeed!

Éanna
06/02/2005, 10:28 PM
I know its a different sport but anyone notice the disappearing numbers on the Italian Jerseys in the match today. Very odd indeed!
yeah, they were coming off very early on in the game.

onenilgameover
06/02/2005, 10:44 PM
It was like they were ironed on this morning and hadn't got a chance to stick to the shirt yet. Foolish lookin shirt with fake plastic six pack/ribs or what thats supposed to be on the front....

SÓC
07/02/2005, 9:32 AM
It was like they were ironed on this morning and hadn't got a chance to stick to the shirt yet. Foolish lookin shirt with fake plastic six pack/ribs or what thats supposed to be on the front....

I think the fake six pack was actually grip on the shirt. Their jerseys were full of padding too. Then add to that their crazy ball...