PDA

View Full Version : Past/Present UCC Students

jofyisgod
06/02/2005, 12:15 PM
I'm at the stage where i need to start deciding on a university :eek: , and i'd appreciate any help from members of Foot.ie.
I'm in London, but i want to go to UCC and study Government, which also has a foreign language section, for which i would do Spanish. I'd just like to hear what people think of UCC in general, how easy/confusing is the admissions process and especially from anyone who does this course.

Many Thanks

Éanna
06/02/2005, 11:11 PM
I'm in UCC at the moment, doing an MA in Hispanic Studies. The Spanish dept are very nice, approachable people (I'd have to say that though ;) ) and I would recommend it. Have only been there a few months, and have very few hours, so other people who've been there longer or done undergrad courses might be better placed to give you more info on the college itself and admissions procedures

James
07/02/2005, 7:01 AM
I'm at the stage where i need to start deciding on a university :eek: , and i'd appreciate any help from members of Foot.ie.

wow you're looking to go do a postgrad course in UCC / universities and you are going base some / any part of your decision on the opinions of the ppl here !!!! wow

for what its worth most / any good postgrad courses in UCC require a good 2.1 degree, more then likely in a relevant undergrad course ..

patsh
07/02/2005, 7:46 AM
I get the impression that it's an undergrad course you are going to do?
Remember, college is more than just studying to get a degree. The object of university is to turn you into a more rounded, broad-minded person, and not just focus on the narrow subject matter of your chosen degree. UCC was/is the college of the year, has a fantastic range of clubs/societies and groups that can make your college "experience" more varied and enjoyable for you. I would recommend the place highly.

Of course, College should not be just one long p*ssup, and then cramming the study into the 6 week period before the exams!...:D

ollie
07/02/2005, 8:55 AM
Of course, College should not be just one long p*ssup, and then cramming the study into the 6 week period before the exams!...:D

of course not.more like 1 week

Macy
07/02/2005, 9:01 AM
of course not.more like 1 week
You swot.

pete
07/02/2005, 9:04 PM
wow you're looking to go do a postgrad course in UCC / universities and you are going base some / any part of your decision on the opinions of the ppl here !!!!.

Yeah you'd have to wonder what kind of jobs ex-UCC grads have if posting on foot.ie all day

;)

:)

Risteard
08/02/2005, 7:45 AM
I'm doing Politics with the government department and economics.
Can't sing the government departments praises enough. Good practical courses and very approachable.
Sorted out a timetable clash for me a while back. The Head of Dep. takes a lot of the courses himself and is good people.

jofyisgod
08/02/2005, 7:14 PM
I'm doing Politics with the government department and economics.
Can't sing the government departments praises enough. Good practical courses and very approachable.
Sorted out a timetable clash for me a while back. The Head of Dep. takes a lot of the courses himself and is good people.

Thanks lads-I am undergrad. btw, and i'm almost 100% definetlely doing politics/govt as it is by far my best A-Level subject. My main thoughts were being in London, what would i do about open days :confused:
Do you think i could arrange a meeting/chat with a member of staff in the department, as i am in Cork fairly regularly seeing family, etc?

PS-Éanna, great Spanish football project you sent me a wile back-unbelievably helpful for my Spanish Oral.

Éanna
08/02/2005, 7:38 PM
Thanks lads-I am undergrad. btw, and i'm almost 100% definetlely doing politics/govt as it is by far my best A-Level subject. My main thoughts were being in London, what would i do about open days :confused:
Do you think i could arrange a meeting/chat with a member of staff in the department, as i am in Cork fairly regularly seeing family, etc?

PS-Éanna, great Spanish football project you sent me a wile back-unbelievably helpful for my Spanish Oral.
the spanish dept are very approachable, I just emailed them and asked for an appointment when I was thinking of going there, so I'd say try them same.