PDA

View Full Version : mercury rev ?

the 12 th man
04/02/2005, 6:24 PM
:confused: anybody else not get them ?
i think they're desperate.the singer has'nt a note in his head imho

eoinh
04/02/2005, 6:26 PM
one of my favourite bands. I think they are brilliant.

Longfordian
04/02/2005, 6:32 PM
I agree with eoin (jaysus.. :eek: ) I think they're great

ken foree
04/02/2005, 7:17 PM
the latest seems new-agey and bad and the last good one was likely 'deserter's songs'. last one i bought anyway. if you think donahue can't sing, you shoulda heard former singer baker back in the rev's early days. 'yerself is steam' and 'boces' were grand and noisy affairs!

piratemousey
05/02/2005, 3:02 PM
great,great band.
famous for deserters songs and all is dream but earlier albums just as or even better.
superb musicians.

Pat O' Banton
06/02/2005, 1:20 PM
Remember them supporting Ride in Brixton Acadamy in '92 or '93. Well actually my only real memory of them is hearing the bass vibrations of their version of 'Ghost Town' coming up through the toilet floor while I was, how can I put it, calling Ralf down the big white telephone. :eek:

Apart from that 'Deserts Songs' was hit and miss but did have some outstanding tracks on it.

eoinh
06/02/2005, 1:31 PM
They are playing Dublin in March i think.

Schumi
07/02/2005, 12:25 PM
I Love Deserter's Songs, All Is Dream was a bit disappointing though. I didn't realise that they had other albums before Deserter's Songs.

noby
07/02/2005, 12:55 PM
I Love Deserter's Songs, All Is Dream was a bit disappointing though. I didn't realise that they had other albums before Deserter's Songs.

'See you on the other side' came and went with barely a mention about ten years ago, but their sound was already heading towards deserter's song. But you have to check out their debut 'yerself is steam'. A brilliant album, which at the time came with a very 'interesting' bonus cd 'lego my ego'.

ken foree
07/02/2005, 2:29 PM
'carwash hair' and 'chasing a bee' are not for the faint of heart!

the 12 th man
07/02/2005, 2:39 PM
"in a funny way" :eek:

Risteard
08/02/2005, 7:35 AM
Why start a thread saying you don't like a certain band.
Mercury Rev have a brilliant dreamy sound thing going on there.
Deserter Songs deserved the huge acclaim it got.

the 12 th man
08/02/2005, 8:19 AM
Why start a thread saying you don't like a certain band.
Mercury Rev have a brilliant dreamy sound thing going on there.
Deserter Songs deserved the huge acclaim it got.

its was just to see what the people of foot.ie thought of the band.
i personally think (i can see now i'm in the minority) that they're overrated. :)