PDA

View Full Version : ComeOnCounty turn the spotlight on Sligo Rovers

driver
04/02/2005, 2:03 PM
After turning the spotlight on Athlone and Dublin City, I have just put up an article on my site, giving an outsiders view of the close season goings on at Sligo Rovers. You might find it interesting.

Read the full Story here (http://www.comeoncounty.com)

All comments welcome.

Best of luck for the season ahead

Petmuller
04/02/2005, 3:17 PM
ComeOnCounty - very interesting site, well put together.
You're opinion on Rovers finishing position I respect, everyone is intitled to an opinion even Sligosiht, but I don't agree with. Rovers are currently in the progress of signing a highly regarded player accross the water and it's expected that he'll make a hugh difference to our drive for honours this season.

Really it's far too early to make predictions on how any team will perform this coming season as they all are in the progress of building a squad which each club will believe will put them in the driving seat. Only time will tell otherwise. Another month amd then maybe, maybe we can start throwing shapes etc.

Keep up the good work County and best wishes to ye also for the coming season.

driver
04/02/2005, 3:25 PM
the idea of the piece to to spark some sort of debate.
I really do hope that Sligo prove me wrong and are placed a lot higher. I do realise its early and not all of the signings are made yet, perhaps it is not fair but I am writing based on the progress made to date. I really do think that you have a great ground and club, with plenty of good players, plenty for me to be envious about, but, I just think that there is a lot of risk and unknowns with signing players with no EL experience.
There is a lot of competition for the division this season, and time will tell.
If I were to write a spotlight on Kildare County at the moment I would be worried. We have very few confirmed new signings for the season ahead, and Dublin City really look dangerous.

Thanks for allowing me my opinion. And I look forward to seeing you at the Showgrounds and Station Road this season.

1 9 2 8
05/02/2005, 9:45 AM
From the Comeoncounty website

Player Transfer News:
New for 2005:
Kupona Low Defender (Syracuse Salty Dogs)
Ryan O'Donnell Defender (Kildare County)
Faz Kuduzovic Midfield (Notts County)
Carlos Alverez Forward (Unknown USA)
Michael McNamara Defender (Unattached)

I didn't know Ryan O'Donnell had signed for us

Petmuller
05/02/2005, 9:48 AM
From the Comeoncounty website

Yes, 1928, Ryan has put pen to paper and is very much looking forward to playing for the bit o' red next season.

sligoman
05/02/2005, 1:03 PM

Here see a pic of him training with Rovers here:

http://www.sligorovers.com/news/news_reports/2005/20050202_pre-seaonprogress.htm