PDA

View Full Version : who will win the six nations??

exile
03/02/2005, 11:37 PM
i praying ireland but it england still have a very strong team evryone is saying england are not great without wilkinson but hodgson is no lightweight ethier
and of course the french well with them it depends on which team turns up

latest betting from betfair
you can get ireland to do the grandslam at 8/1

Six Nations: Winner
England 15/8
France 15/8
Ireland 3/1
Wales 11/1
Scotland 250/1
Italy 1000/1

Éanna
03/02/2005, 11:42 PM
england have lost a couple of really crucial players. and lets face it, Ireland were hardly much worse than them even with the likes of johnson and wilkinson. England have got weaker, Ireland, if anything, are stronger. I'll go with ireland

Closed Account 2
04/02/2005, 1:03 AM
I'd say the French...any chance of a poll ?

Green Tribe
04/02/2005, 3:10 AM
i think ireland will win, things are looking good, with the home games,, but u just don't know with the 6 nats, can be unpredictable, this will be the closest contest this year. lets hope we beat the 'world never hear the end of jonny's drop-goal champions again at least.

pour moi;

1 ireland
2 france
3 wales (go on the daffodils)
4 england
5 italy
6 scotland

Kingdom
04/02/2005, 9:02 AM
Ok so england may have lost a few players and certainly aren't as physically imposing as they were a couple of seasons ago but will they really lose three games?
Personally I think not. Forget this pessimistic view of Ireland's chances this year as favourites(not according to the Bookies btw); England have to travel to Cardiff which will be difficult given Wales recent performances but remember that for all the while Wales played well they didn't beat either of the Souther Hemisphere teams.
If they beat England on Sat then they could do well enough, but personally I don't see them beating France in Paris.
I think all the teams will lose one. And I'm not sure that Ireland will lose their match at home. Possibly Cardiff. We were very lucky in Cardiff the last time and could be our undoing this year.

I think it will finish this way:
Ireland
England
France
Wales
Scotland
Italy

Hibs4Ever
04/02/2005, 9:23 AM
With England and France at home we'll won't have a better chance to win it.
It's between us and France

pete
04/02/2005, 1:58 PM
I think France. They have hard games at Twickenham & Lansdowne. Could win it in 3 way tie on points difference.

niamh
04/02/2005, 5:54 PM
Vodafone are offering a FREE Six Nations text service for all eggchasers out there.
Details on their site, but you text 6nations to 51745.

thejollyrodger
05/02/2005, 9:47 AM
I expect all sides to loose one game, ireland can win it this time, but its going to be very tricky !!

pete
05/02/2005, 4:25 PM
France were unbelievably poor today, expect half the team to be changed for England game...

Can't stand the Welsh (got sick of their pre tournament hype when had HTV & BBC Wales :eek: ) except when they playing England.

Éanna
05/02/2005, 4:29 PM
France were desperate. Scotland are no great shakes, but they deserved to win that game- only a monumental **** up by danieli at the end denied them a draw. Getting even more confident about Irelands chances now. If Wales could just get a result we'll be laughing

pete
05/02/2005, 4:56 PM
France dumping their kicker at end of first half & getting Traille to take very difficult long kick at goal sumed up Frances "performance".

I don't know what rugby equivalent of pub team player is but Scotlands Park is one for sure. Fluffed effort at drop goal from 10 metre line was laughable. :eek:

sligoman
12/02/2005, 5:41 PM
Who WILL win it?

Ireland obviously. :D . They've just bet Scotland ;)

Why is the poll closed? :confused:

strangeirish
12/02/2005, 10:17 PM
Ireland obviously. :D . They've just bet Scotland ;)

Because England got 1 vote, I'd say :D :D

pete
13/02/2005, 12:56 AM

Set short dateline - have updated, should be open again.

4tothefloor
13/02/2005, 4:58 PM
England won't be winning it anyway :p

SligoRoversfan
13/02/2005, 5:00 PM
england just lost to france which leaves them with erm......nil points!!!!!!! :p

CollegeTillIDie
13/02/2005, 6:17 PM
It does the heart good to see England performing like Norway during the 1970's at the Eurovision Song Contest.... NIL points. :p

gustavo
13/02/2005, 10:34 PM
well i hope to God we dont go into the England game as favourites now cos that has never suited us remember two years ago, having said that tho they are a lot worse now than the were then. and we are now ahead of them in the world rankings :)

Green Tribe
14/02/2005, 2:50 AM
i was at the scotland v ireland game, what a cracker! nearly crapped myself in the first 20 mins though! :D :D i predicted engeerlaand to come 4th, it's looking sweet so far!!! don't know how the english missed that drop-goal near the end, that would have won them the game!

Kerry Blue
14/02/2005, 8:24 PM
Can't believe Wales haven't got a single vote!
Anyone think that the meeting of Wales and Ireland at the Millennium Stadium will decide the Championship?
If the Welsh beat the French it will make for a cracking finale.

exile
14/02/2005, 11:01 PM
Can't believe Wales haven't got a single vote!
Anyone think that the meeting of Wales and Ireland at the Millennium Stadium will decide the Championship?
If the Welsh beat the French it will make for a cracking finale.

me too they have improved alot on last season but wales are always good for one game in recent years and it could be that was against england ,although the golden balls off welsh rugby jenson (how much fake tan does he put on)
is shining literaly he has never preformed against irish teams in the celtic league this season.

joey B
15/02/2005, 10:22 AM
I think the Ireland v Wales match could come down to which set of backs perform on the day.
The forwards are pretty even although the Irish locks are head and shoulders above anything else in the six nations.
Anyway still got England and France yet :eek:

Roo69
15/02/2005, 11:02 AM
the Irish locks are head and shoulders above anything else in the six nations.

there pretty much head and shoulders above anything else in world rugby. O'Connellis just outstanding ! When he's finished playing rubgy he will be known as one of the ALL time greats. Next Lions captain as well.

KR's Post
15/02/2005, 11:37 AM
O'Connellis just outstanding ! Next Lions captain as well.
O connell or o driscoll??? Who would you prefer. O Gara to get the number 10 jersey!!! As good as JW imo. ;)

Kingdom
15/02/2005, 1:51 PM
I had thought of that one myself with regards to the Captaincy of the Lions team. Personally I'd prefer to see Paul O'Connell as Lions captain.
i have no affiliation to any rugby club although I luv watchin the munster like, but I hate Mr. O'Driscoll the public persona. He just seems like a Grade A tosser. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd prefer to have Paul O'Connell leading out the Lions.

Kingdom
15/02/2005, 1:53 PM
Not that it would be my choice but if Wilkinson does get fully fit well before the Lions selection then I just don't see ROG being selected ahead of him thanks to Woodwart.
Not that it would be my preference. I love ROG.
I really mean it too. :)

De Town
15/02/2005, 1:54 PM
As good as JW imo. ;)
Your ;) is not needed because its the truth. O'Gara is just as good if not better than Jonny Wilko :)

carrickharp
14/03/2005, 8:31 AM
Who voted for Wales :p

Eire06
14/03/2005, 9:14 AM
Am I correct in saying Ireland now have to beat Wales by 26point to win the 6Nations?? :eek:

Macy
14/03/2005, 9:16 AM
Am I correct in saying Ireland now have to beat Wales by 26point to win the 6Nations?? :eek:
Yeah, think so....

Eire06
14/03/2005, 9:56 AM
Yeah, think so....
They were trying to tell me in here that they had to beat them by 13 points :confused:

but Ireland are on +37 and Wales are on +62 which is 25 in the difference we have to get 26 cause they have more trys.. Think France are well out of it with +9..

It'll be tough match too with Wales at home and them playing for the grand slam..

Macy
14/03/2005, 10:09 AM
They were trying to tell me in here that they had to beat them by 13 points :confused:
Actually they probably are right, but it's Monday morning so I could be being thick...
Ireland - 37 + 13 = 50
Wales - 62 - 13 = 49

France are playing Italy, so I wouldn't rule it out completely....

Eire06
14/03/2005, 10:14 AM
Actually they probably are right, but it's Monday morning so I could be being thick...
Ireland - 37 + 13 = 50
Wales - 62 - 13 = 49

France are playing Italy, so I wouldn't rule it out completely....

Oh get it now yes 13 points for us would be 13 point against them... :D
Monday morning...
Not going to tell them their right though :rolleyes:

pete
14/03/2005, 10:57 AM
Oh get it now yes 13 points for us would be 13 point against

Yes Ireland have to win by 13 points which ain't gonna happen. France would then have to beat Italy by 42 points.

2005 Six Nations
Wales 1/9
Ireland 5/1
France 33/1

Wales v Ireland - RTE/BBC
Selection Prices
Wales (-4 pts) 10 - 11
Handicap Draw 20 - 1
Ireland (+4 pts) 10 - 11

Wales @ only -4pts is good value now.