PDA

View Full Version : Fan Coughs Up The Cash

kevincronin2000
02/02/2005, 9:23 AM
A mystery Cork City fan has coughed up the cash to allow the clubreturn to their regular training base at the University of Limerick.

It was reported on Monday that the facility was double booked last weekend due to a referees seminar on the campus, but it has emerged that the UEFA Cup qualifiers were prevented from training there because of a €700.00 bill thought to be outstanding since last September. However the leesiders could return this weekend after a fan stepped in and footed the bill.

Its been a turbulent return to action for the leesiders with manager Dolan recently bee linked with a move to Limerick and reports of backroom unrest Cork finished runners-up to Shelbourne last year.

From todays star Tuesday Febuary 2nd 2005.

dahamsta
02/02/2005, 9:29 AM
University of Limerick? That's a bit of a trip for training isn't it?

EDIT: Oh, I see (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=21606).

patsh
02/02/2005, 9:36 AM
This would be the same "paper" that reported that Dolan was on his way to Limerick?.....:rolleyes:

Éanna
02/02/2005, 1:09 PM
rumour has it that it was mick wallace. who as far as I know is a sponsor, and not a fan. which is more than a subtle difference. Dave Mahedy is also no longer involved with the club- quote from him in todays sun, saying "I enjoyed working with Pat Dolan at the club." All these departures and rumours are a bit unsettling- hard to know what to make of them

drinkfeckarse
02/02/2005, 1:13 PM
Mustn't be much in the coffers if Lennox can't pay a bill for 700 Euros :confused:

Éanna
02/02/2005, 1:15 PM
well, it wouldn't surprise me that the club is beginning to feel the pinch at this stage. when you compare city to all the other clubs who have bars etc to keep them going over the close-season. all we've had is one or two fundraisers.

On the plus side, I have been told by one of the players that there hasn't been any problem with wages over the close-season.

razor
02/02/2005, 1:19 PM
All these departures and rumours are a bit unsettling- hard to know what to make of them
Agree, Would it be too much for the club to come out and make a statement on the goings and impact on the club, as well as replacements.
And when I say statement I don't mean Dolan feeding Spillage tripe.

Éanna
02/02/2005, 1:21 PM
exactly. Whether this is all bull**** or not, staying silent is not doing the club any favours.

Peadar
02/02/2005, 1:26 PM
All these departures and rumours are a bit unsettling- hard to know what to make of them

It's hardly ideal preparation for what is a genuine chance for us to win decent prize money in the Setanta Cup.
It's a hell of a lot more than you'd get for winning the League or FAI Cup.

Éanna
02/02/2005, 1:30 PM
exactly. there may be perfectly good reasons for all of whats happening, but we'd like to be told!

adamd164
02/02/2005, 3:31 PM
So far our goings have far outweighed our comings. :(

thecorner
02/02/2005, 5:53 PM
staying silent is not doing the club any favours.

thought that was the norm with the club

remember not so long ago after u.c.d. away they told us flynny would be out for 3 weeks(9 months :eek: )

Gary
02/02/2005, 6:00 PM
So far our goings have far outweighed our comings. :(

Yes, but whats been lost?

No first team player, or indeed, any player who was even near the first team for the latter half of the season has been shed, apart from Lopes that is, who probably wasnt worth a full time contract anyways.

If nothing else, the wage bill is nicely cut, without it hurting the first team sqaud in any way shape or form.

As we have been saying for ages now - Quality Over Quantity.

Éanna
02/02/2005, 7:26 PM
As we have been saying for ages now - Quality Over Quantity.
agree with your other points, but we do need more quality. we need a stronger squad to challenge shels. as people have said, we're very vulnerable to injuries in one or two areas