PDA

View Full Version : Next season

greywanderer
23/09/2016, 11:23 PM
Planning for next season how many players are on 2 year contracts , afaik, cherrie, connolly and lewis are the only players. Kevin lynch, hughie, kenna where only year contracts. Surely its now time to sign these players back for next season..

dublinwanderer
08/11/2016, 12:54 PM
So who is confirmed to have signed for next season of the current squad plus any rumours???

Does anyone know anything?

Roo69
08/11/2016, 1:34 PM
So who is confirmed to have signed for next season of the current squad plus any rumours???

Does anyone know anything?

Kenny was in the paper the other day saying 10/11 of the players were already signed up, didn't give names but did say there had been interest in Connolly but that we was already on a 2 year deal and expected him to stay.

I'd say it would take a fairly large sum for the club to sell him...

dublinwanderer
08/11/2016, 4:38 PM
Kenny was in the paper the other day saying 10/11 of the players were already signed up, didn't give names but did say there had been interest in Connolly but that we was already on a 2 year deal and expected him to stay.

I'd say it would take a fairly large sum for the club to sell him...

Good stuff! Hope they announce who has signed soon, looking forward to seeing what they can put together for March! :)

KR's Post
08/11/2016, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't take less than 75k for Dyl. Christy Fagan spotted leaving Carlisle other night

Roo69
09/11/2016, 1:35 PM
I wouldn't take less than 75k for Dyl. Christy Fagan spotted leaving Carlisle other night

75k is massive money between LoI clubs.

Would be interesting to know what fees have been involved in other deals.

Seagull
09/11/2016, 5:37 PM
Kenna and Clancy re-signed.

dublinwanderer
09/11/2016, 5:51 PM
Kenna and Clancy re-signed.

Good stuff!

Hopefully we can hold on to:
Cherrie

Douglas
Lynch
Harding
Kehoe
Clancy
Kenna

Connolly
Salmon
Sullivan
Noone
Brennan

Kelly
Pender
Lewis

If we can add another central defender, wide midfielders and a top goalscorer we could be a good position!

Also, i seen Gavin Holohan left Cork, he would be great too! Christy fagan would be class upfront but he is linked with Cork and Dundalk so doubt that we would sign him!!

greywanderer
09/11/2016, 8:34 PM
Lewis not interested in coming back, from what I heard, dundalk have already offered 50k for connolly but Bray refused and also say that connolly is not leaving.

nigel-harps1954
10/11/2016, 9:14 AM
Lewis not interested in coming back, from what I heard, dundalk have already offered 50k for connolly but Bray refused and also say that connolly is not leaving.

Insane of Bray if thats even remotely true

KR's Post
10/11/2016, 10:08 AM
Why?

The chap has been our best player. No less than 75K with a sell on!

Seagull
10/11/2016, 12:49 PM
Ger Pender, Jason Marks, Alan Kehoe re-signed.

KR's Post
10/11/2016, 1:43 PM
Europe is definetly within grasp. Different to last season. Cooke was an idiot!

KR's Post
10/11/2016, 1:44 PM
Good stuff!

Hopefully we can hold on to:
Cherrie

Douglas
Lynch
Harding
Kehoe
Clancy
Kenna

Connolly
Salmon
Sullivan
Noone
Brennan

Kelly
Pender
Lewis

If we can add another central defender, wide midfielders and a top goalscorer we could be a good position!

Also, i seen Gavin Holohan left Cork, he would be great too! Christy fagan would be class upfront but he is linked with Cork and Dundalk so doubt that we would sign him!!

Karl Moore??

Hulsey
10/11/2016, 7:04 PM
Can add John Sullivan and Mark Salmon to the re-signed players.
Looking positive so far

dublinwanderer
11/11/2016, 1:23 PM
So currently we have:

GK
Cherrie

Defenders:
Kenna
Kehoe
Clancy

Midfielders:
Marks
Salmon
Sullivan
Connolly
Noone

Forwards:
Pender

Charlie Darwin
11/11/2016, 1:52 PM
Insane of Bray if thats even remotely true
That's Dundalk's problem. Nobody's going to accept an offer like that when everyone knows they're packing millions.

KR's Post
11/11/2016, 3:46 PM
Nail on the head!!!!

KR's Post
11/11/2016, 3:47 PM
So currently we have:

GK
Cherrie

Defenders:
Kenna
Kehoe
Clancy

Midfielders:
Marks
Salmon
Sullivan
Connolly
Noone

Forwards:
Pender

Cherrie??

Brennan on a 2 year aswell and Lynch

greywanderer
12/11/2016, 5:35 PM

As predicted, it has been confirmed that Lewis isn't returning for next season.

greywanderer
15/11/2016, 12:16 PM
Hearing rumours that Gary McCabe has or is about to sign up. If it's correct does this mean that Connolly might be moving on, hopefully Connolly staying also. .

Seagull
15/11/2016, 4:56 PM
Hughie's signed.

dublinwanderer
16/11/2016, 11:09 AM
It looks like the new website is updating the squad as players sign, if thats the case we have a really good squad together already!

Gk: Cherrie and Steacey

Defenders: Douglas, Clancy, Kenna, Lynch, Harding, Kehoe

Midfielders: Sullivan, Salmon, Moore, Connolly, Noone, Brennan, Marks, Early

Forwards: Pender, Kelly

This is not a bad squad already! If the rumours are true and the likes of Fagan, McCabe, Waters, Meenan and Holohan all sign or even a few of em sign we will really be pushing the top teams!

vinnie
16/11/2016, 3:04 PM
Lads as a matter of interest, what is the Official Bray website ?

Charlie Darwin
16/11/2016, 4:07 PM
braywanderersfc.ie

Seagull
17/11/2016, 9:36 PM
Darragh Noone signed back http://braywanderersfc.ie/darragh-noone-signs-2017/

Bray Head
18/11/2016, 1:13 PM
It looks like the new website is updating the squad as players sign, if thats the case we have a really good squad together already!

Gk: Cherrie and Steacey

Defenders: Douglas, Clancy, Kenna, Lynch, Harding, Kehoe

Midfielders: Sullivan, Salmon, Moore, Connolly, Noone, Brennan, Marks, Early

Forwards: Pender, Kelly

This is not a bad squad already! If the rumours are true and the likes of Fagan, McCabe, Waters, Meenan and Holohan all sign or even a few of em sign we will really be pushing the top teams!

Strong in midfield in numbers but I'd like to see a decent striker added to that list. I'm sure there will be more added.

Bray Head
18/11/2016, 1:15 PM
Hearing rumours that Gary McCabe has or is about to sign up. If it's correct does this mean that Connolly might be moving on, hopefully Connolly staying also. .

Not sure if McCabe has the legs to be an out an out winger these days. He may have played more central last season for Rovers. Experienced player who would add a lot to the squad.

Seagull
23/11/2016, 4:44 PM
Ryan Brennan re-signed. Also, it's back to Friday night football next season with home games kicking off at 7.45.

Seagull
23/11/2016, 9:36 PM
Longford Town have announced pre-season friendlies, the first of which sees Alan Mathews back at the Carlisle Grounds on January 17th. It's not that long away really... http://www.extratime.ie/articles/18007/longford-announce-pre-season-friendlies-while-seven-re-sign-at-the-city-calling-stadium/

Darklordsbane
30/11/2016, 8:36 PM
Longford Town have announced pre-season friendlies, the first of which sees Alan Mathews back at the Carlisle Grounds on January 17th. It's not that long away really... http://www.extratime.ie/articles/18007/longford-announce-pre-season-friendlies-while-seven-re-sign-at-the-city-calling-stadium/

Bray Wanderers v Longford Town Venue: Carlisle Grounds
Date: Friday 27th January 2017
Kick off: 7.45pm

I thought you made a mistake a friendly in January but there it was on Longford's web site on the 27th not the 17th but I still can't believe it, you would imagine they will be back training a couple of weeks before that makes for a long season and afaik unpaid until the actual season starts

pineapple stu
30/11/2016, 11:59 PM
I guess with the season starting a couple of weeks earlier, friendlies will be earlier as well?

It's only what - four weeks out from the start of the season? Seems reasonable for a first friendly.

dublinwanderer
01/12/2016, 10:53 AM
Another midfielder announced - Keith Buckley from Bohs! Very strong in the middle! Another striker and some wide players and we could really push on this year!

dublinwanderer
10/12/2016, 6:03 PM
2 more signings in midfield:
Gary McCabe - Shamrock Rovers
Aaron Green - Limerick

Bray Head
03/01/2017, 4:16 PM
Derek Foran has re-signed after a spell in the USA. Plenty of defensive cover now.

Seagull
04/01/2017, 3:57 PM
Derek Foran has re-signed after a spell in the USA. Plenty of defensive cover now.

Has Alan McNally re-signed?

dublinwanderer
04/01/2017, 5:07 PM
Has Alan McNally re-signed?

No, doesnt look like he has, he is on the PFAI Transfer List and has been removed from the clubs website. Also Harding and Dean Kelly have been taken off the website so must have left.

Wouldnt mind another right back to back up Hughie and striker too... Other than that I would be happy with the squad!

dublinwanderer
06/01/2017, 11:41 AM
GK:
Cherrie and Steacy

Defenders:
Right Back: Douglas
Left Back: Lynch and Kehoe
Centre Back: Kenna and Clancy and Foran

Midfielders:
Left side: Marks, Connolly, Early
Right Side: McCabe, Brennan
Centre: Salmon, Sullivan, Noone, Buckley, Moore

Forwards:
Pender, Greene, Flood

Total – 21 in squad so far….

Weatherman
08/01/2017, 11:12 AM
Not done yet. Another striker on the way!