PDA

View Full Version : well done pat morley

dalo
28/01/2002, 7:57 AM
if i am not mistaken was that not pat's 180 league goal and his 121 for city. the 180 goal now makes the second highest offical national league/league of ireland goalscorer of all time. first of course is brendan bradley with 235.

well done pat and let's hope you grab a few more!!!!!!

Bernie
28/01/2002, 10:26 AM
And well done on a good performance.

Both himself and Colin P looked very sharp yesterday and for once got some good possesion in and around the area. Looks like our best forward pairing at the moment. Once the ball isn't CONSTANTLY knocked high to the forwards then we'll have a chance.

pete
28/01/2002, 11:02 AM
Possible MOM performance from skippy yesterday. Nicely setup ollie who finished well & well taken 2nd goal inside the box as only Pat can.

While Colin P had a good game against Derry & had 2 good chances yesterday (good save to deny second one) I think he badly needs a goal as he hasn't really been getting much chances as seems to spend a lot of time chasing balls into the corner.

I'd like to see O'Flynn get a run out as eventhough he only got about 5mins yesterday he did look lively by holding the ball up well & laying off to city players in better positions.

BTW it is possible to hit long balls from defense to the forwards FEET & not OVER THEIR HEADS.

dalo
28/01/2002, 12:55 PM
btw i do take the above point about colin o'brien. he could do with a goal alright as he seems to be on a confidence dip. his finsihing hasn't been the best in the last number of months and give his age he is obviously a lad who needs to be handled with care

is jimmy mulligan really on his way as well or is he just injured.

Troy.McClure
28/01/2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by pete

BTW it is possible to hit long balls from defense to the forwards FEET & not OVER THEIR HEADS.

Actually I thought that, for City's standards, alot of the hoofs out from the back were going to feet, especially compared to last week. Caughlan & Napier were giving alot more balls lower down than normal. The exception to this was obviously Deccie though :o :p

pete
28/01/2002, 1:11 PM
I think Mulligan is probably injured.

Troy.McClure
28/01/2002, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by pete
I think Mulligan is probably injured.

A thigh strain I do believe.

Éanna
30/01/2002, 6:35 PM
Skippy had a blinder, why hartigan has been keeping him on the bench, regardless of age is a mystery. well done Pat!

SÓC
30/01/2002, 7:25 PM
Those two goals against Bray were really what Morley is all about, shows the extra dimensions he can give the team, even at his age.

Morley is the creative spark we need, as well as a deadly finisher.

Playing Morley just behind Colin P. could work wonders for City, take Morley off after 60/70 mins if he tires and replace him with Mullers.

James
30/01/2002, 7:34 PM
sounds like a plan to me

SOC for manager :D

Zedi
30/01/2002, 8:45 PM
definatly , but I would give Hartigan a try out in center half, he played there before and did'nt look too bad.

SÓC
30/01/2002, 8:49 PM
I would have serious doubts about Hartigol at centre back becasue of his lack of speed. He is essentially a poor mans Derek Coughlan, slower, weaker and not able to contest balls in the aer as much, so I could not see him replacing Derek, as for him replacing Napier, out of the question I would imagne.

Haritgol is still a handy player to have in the squad but IMO not a first team player.

pete
31/01/2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Haritgol is still a handy player to have in the squad but IMO not a first team player.

Yep, what i've been saying for a couple of years now.

Éanna
31/01/2002, 12:26 PM
agree, but ONLY if it's as a centre-bacck.

yan
31/01/2002, 11:06 PM
bench warmer