PDA

View Full Version : The "Facts"......;-)

patsh
01/02/2005, 2:09 PM
From Tonights Echo:

Dolan to turn up the heat.
by Noel Spillane

Cork City boss Pat Dolan is planning a week's "hot weather" training for his squad in La Manga, Spain at the end of the month.
The trip will include two friendly matches against Valencia based Levante and possibly Villareal.
Cork's Leeds-based contact Sonny Sweeney has helped set up the training camp.
Cork City have also reveiced an approach from Derby County to play a friendly in Cork over the Easter weekend possibly on Sunday afternoon March 27.
Cork will be in league action on the Friday and are scheduled to play Shels in the Setanta Cup in Cork on Tuesday, March 29.
Former Oldham midfielder Richard Graham (30) who made over 180 appearances for the Latics, could be Pat Dolan's first signing of the new campaign.
The Leeds-born centre-half ? has been playing non-league football since quitting Olham five years ago.

*It has been brought to our attention that Cork City's planned trip to UL for an assessment session at the weekend was cancelled because of an outstanding matter between the club and UL which has now been resolved.

Seems like so really good news.....:)

eoinh
01/02/2005, 2:19 PM
The two spainish matchs sound good. Villareal especially are in top form and challanging for a champions league place. Riquelme plays for them and hes in top form. Good to be playing a team from the greatest league in Europe.

Although is Richard Graham the type of player we want. Five years playing non-league football doesnt sound impressive to be honest.

patsh
01/02/2005, 2:22 PM
Although is Richard Graham the type of player we want. Five years playing non-league football doesnt sound impressive to be honest.
Maybe he has that bit of experience that could make the difference, Benno and Dan being fairly young lads?
Gamble had gone to a non-league club hadn't he?
I hope that this is not a sign that Derek won't be back?

James
01/02/2005, 2:23 PM
From Tonights Echo:

by Noel Spillane

Cork City boss Pat Dolan is planning a week's "hot weather" training for his squad in La Manga, Spain at the end of the month.
The trip will include two friendly matches against Valencia based Levante and possibly Villareal.

anyone up for a trip overseas?

Troy.McClure
01/02/2005, 4:50 PM
by Noel Spillane

Cork City have also reveiced an approach from Derby County to play a friendly in Cork over the Easter weekend possibly on Sunday afternoon March 27.
Cork will be in league action on the Friday and are scheduled to play Shels in the Setanta Cup in Cork on Tuesday, March 29.
Former Oldham midfielder Richard Graham (30) who made over 180 appearances for the Latics, could be Pat Dolan's first signing of the new campaign.
The Leeds-born centre-half ? has been playing non-league football since quitting Olham five years ago.

*It has been brought to our attention that Cork City's planned trip to UL for an assessment session at the weekend was cancelled because of an outstanding matter between the club and UL which has now been resolved.

Hmm, theres something here that makes me feel like this is cr@p... what could that be? :rolleyes:

kevincronin2000
01/02/2005, 5:19 PM
Well it is good to see club finances are good, i bet it costs a bit more than a trip to ul and probably wont get as many months credit ;)

SSS
01/02/2005, 5:24 PM
[QUOTE=patsh]From Tonights Echo:

[b]

QUOTE]

So, technically City had lost the use of UL until the resolution of the dispute. :p

Graham is a defender who was once out injured after a "bizarre" incident whilst playing soccer with his kid in the garden. :eek:

That friendly may never happen with games on Friday and Monday, unless we postpone a competitive game for a friendly. :D Would we?

Gary
01/02/2005, 5:38 PM
It sounds like a lot of ifs, buts and maybes to me.

I would have thought money would have been a lot better spent than going to some training camp in Spain. Looks like a frivellous expense to me.

Éanna
01/02/2005, 8:21 PM
I can't see it doing any harm. Will do squad morale no harm to be away together in the sun, and maybe get match practice against one or two very good teams. Also, with Drogs going to turkey and shels going abroad as well (I think) if city didn't go anywhere, you'd get the moaners saying "why do we never spend any money" etc. I can't see the harm in it

pete
01/02/2005, 9:30 PM
Sounds like city owe UL a few quid? or at least UL cliaming they do...

harry crumb
01/02/2005, 11:12 PM
It says in the Echo that they have sorted that out.

jimhacker
02/02/2005, 7:50 AM
Hmm, theres something here that makes me feel like this is cr@p... what could that be? :rolleyes:

Probably something to do with the "author" of the piece.

Troy.McClure
02/02/2005, 5:35 PM
Probably something to do with the "author" of the piece.

:eek: :eek: :eek: