PDA

View Full Version : sweeping changes!!!!!

yan
27/01/2002, 4:24 PM
murphy's idea of sweeping changes

just 2

now thats sweeping changes

Neil
27/01/2002, 7:52 PM
I'd have preferred to see O'Halloran, and not Daly, in for Carey. Starnge that Mulconroy and O'Halloran weren't even on the bench. I still think Murphy hasn't got a plan at all, just making changes each week for the sake of it.

Peadar
28/01/2002, 9:35 AM
Originally posted by Neil
I'd have preferred to see O'Halloran, and not Daly, in for Carey.

Deccie played a blinder and in all our defence did admirably by restricting Bray to a handful of long range efforts which Devine dealt with in style. They only showed one on Sunday Sport but Devine had at least three important tip overs.
I think the rest did Deccie the world of good. Bray never really troubled us yesterday and we could have had a hat full with Ollie Cahill in flying form.
O'Flynn seemed rearing to go when he came on but he was a little too deep to see if he's got what it takes up front.
Morley and CP O'Brein could be striking up a nice partnership.
Everyone who started for City yesterday justified their inclusion.
Murphy made enough changes.
If we can keep up the good work rate we showed yesterday then we can finish strong again this season.

Murphy For A Valentine Card!

pete
28/01/2002, 10:52 AM
In fairness I think it was the media & not Liam that saids there would be sweeping changes.

mouldymurphy
28/01/2002, 2:03 PM
did we win ? the 3 points is all that counts at the end of the season you dont win the league on how many changes you made .

Troy.McClure
28/01/2002, 2:08 PM
I think that that was one of, if not the best performances we have put in all season. We dominated the game, ruled their midfield and gave 2 of the best strikers in the league no worthwhile chances on goal. A 2-0 away win in a venue that we dont particularly win in was quite good I think. :D

+ Whoo! Im finally a seasoned pro! Do I get a testimonial after 10 more posts? :p

pete
28/01/2002, 3:33 PM
A battling rather than skillful performance on heavy pitch (not bad considering).

City still have a tendency to hit the ball forward too quickely & while this means you'll rarely see a city players caught in possession it also means we waste a lot of good possession too.

We are definitely a safety first team.

Bray were terrible in a dundalk at Oriel way with only 1 real chance from a super first time half volley from Jason Byrne matched by great save by Devine.

BTW did anyone see said mention bray forward on Sunday Sport describe the game as a 6 pointer? :rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
28/01/2002, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by pete
BTW did anyone see said mention bray forward on Sunday Sport describe the game as a 6 pointer? :rolleyes:

Of course it was a 6 pointer Pete, havent you been keeping up with your fanticy football? ;)

dalo
29/01/2002, 9:58 AM
actually what is a six pointer supposed to be?

pete
29/01/2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by dalo
actually what is a six pointer supposed to be?

In theory i suppose all games are 6 pointers but used more when teams are close to each other in the league. e.g. if city started 3 points ahead of bray on sunday, city win they 6 points ahead but if bray win they both level.....

comprende?

Éanna
30/01/2002, 6:52 PM
As usual murphy has gone talking in the press pretending he knows what he's doing. the fact is he doesn't. OUT

SÓC
30/01/2002, 7:21 PM
The press said murphy would make sweeping changes, he made two changes on the pitch as well a few more on the subs bench. The entire method of play was changed, withdrawing a targetman (donkey) for a skillful expericenced player.

The reasons for the changes were to improve on the unacceptable level of preformence against Bohs, which he did.

I think Éanna you are just clutching at straws on this one. Not every thing he does is wrong :D

Ah well I suppose Gunther is a bit like marmite :)

Éanna
31/01/2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Not every thing he does is wrong

no, just most things! He signed o'grady and put colin P in the first team, thats about it.

Troy.McClure
01/02/2002, 2:49 PM
Id put Bennett & (hopefully) Mulconroy in there also, aswell as (finally) getting rid of Herrick. Getting the team to play more for each other (except V Bohs) has also been another positive.

Neil
01/02/2002, 3:09 PM
Mulconroy was signed on the back of him being in the Irish Universities squad. Murphy had never seen him play when he signed.

Éanna
02/02/2002, 11:28 AM
I don't know how anyone can defend Liam Murphy and have a go at Mark Herrick! Fair enough the guy was no Rivaldo, but when the other 10 players around him were out for their sunday strolls for most of last season, Herrick was the only one actually looking play.