PDA

View Full Version : 4 x 4s

Lionel Ritchie
01/02/2005, 8:37 AM
Okay that's a fairly inflamatory title I've got there but -they say a persons automobile makes a statement about their personality.
Therefore I would opine that people who drive 4x4/SUVs/jeeps are sociopathic fascists and are devoid of any sense of community, responsibility for the environment or how their actions affect their fellow citizens. ...or maybe they're just a shower of w4nkers!!! discuss.

noby
01/02/2005, 8:42 AM
Uhm...I presume you mean urban 4x4 drivers

Aldini98
01/02/2005, 8:50 AM
ehhhh I take it your not talking about a plank of wood ?????

patsh
01/02/2005, 8:59 AM
I have to say that the vast majority of them are probably decent people, but when they get behind the wheel of their 4x4, most go through some sort of total change. Twice in the last week we have had incidents with 4x4s, and can honestly say that they were 100% in the wrong. I put it down to the fact that they feel they have a bigger, higher, heavier vehicle and thus can bully other road users. It's also time to look seriously at just how much more resources they consume over "ordinary" cars, and whether this should be tolerated.

Ahh, actually they are just a shower of selfish w*nkers.

dahamsta
01/02/2005, 9:09 AM
Okay that's a fairly inflamatory titleIt was. If you do it again, you'll be banned for a week.

monutdfc
01/02/2005, 9:19 AM
I laughed out loud when ICTU proposed a €5000 "vanity tax" on SUV's in their pre-budget submission. Like IBEC would ever let that through! Thought it was a great idea though. Italy were discussing a similar proposal, but that was mainly because none of the Italian car manufacturers make an SUV.

Because the are not classified as domestic cars, they do not have crumple zones, so if you are in a crash with one it would plough through your car as if you crashed into a huge concrete block.

Also, bull bars are illegal, unless they are made of plastic, because in a crash with a pedestrian they are several times more likely to be killed by bull bars than if there were none fitted, even at low speeds. I wonder if the gardai are even aware of that.
And I hate the way the drivers park anywhere because they can - kerbs etc are no impediment.

Macy
01/02/2005, 9:29 AM
The only people that should have them are people who genuinely need them - farmers and builders (having driven onto our site in a normal car!). They should be banned from Town centres, and the motor tax should double every 100cc over 2.5 litres.

I would suggest that the vast majority of owners have small dicks. It's the only possible way that they can justify driving them in on the commute to work, from their surburban home....

fosterdollar
01/02/2005, 9:37 AM
I would suggest that the vast majority of owners have small dicks. It's the only possible way that they can justify driving them in on the commute to work, from their surburban home....

Don't forget the yummy mummies in their Freelanders bringing the kids right up to the front door of the school whereas the little gits could easily walk or cycle

Macy
01/02/2005, 9:52 AM
Don't forget the yummy mummies in their Freelanders bringing the kids right up to the front door of the school whereas the little gits could easily walk or cycle
Forgot about them - too used to getting in work at 8 so that I avoid them clogging up the roads.

pete
01/02/2005, 9:55 AM
Apparently SUV (might as well use yankie term) sales up 37% from last year.

I hates them (excluding genuine rural purposes) & would be surprised if most urban drivers of them are actual own them as as domestic vehicles as opposed to some tax write off.

I don't think bullbars are actually illegal which is criminal itself as no point to a pedestrain crumple zone if got metal bars on top of bonnet.

Biggest I seen in Ireland was Ford Explorer which not sold here so had to be imported.

monutdfc
01/02/2005, 10:24 AM
I don't think bullbars are actually illegal which is criminal itself as no point to a pedestrain crumple zone if got metal bars on top of bonnet.

You are correct. The UK banned them, or at least tried to ban them. I had thought there was an EU directive, but apparently not.
Crumple zones are not really designed to protect pedestrians but more for an impact with another car or fixed object - the crumple zone is designed to absorb some of the energy from the impact.

Peadar
01/02/2005, 10:26 AM
the crumple zone is designed to absorb some of the energy from the impact.

Exactly, and stop the engine being driven back into the cockpit.

Lionel Ritchie
01/02/2005, 10:36 AM
It was. If you do it again, you'll be banned for a week.

Fair enough Adam. I'll draw in my horns. Had a run in with one this morning on the way to work. I've had a cuppa since I posted so I've calmed down a bit.

I cycle to work most days and I'm finding that I'm involved in potentially fatal incidents at a rate of about one a week. I've about a 2 mile cycle involving crossing the shannon on what Limerick folks still call the 'new bridge' (despite it having opened in 1987 and it's name being the shannon bridge) and negotiating a right turn/last exit on the roundabout at the town end.
It's on the roundabout that cyclists haven't a chance and are literally taking their lives in their hands.

Now I appeciate I can be killed every bit as dead by a micra, clio or fiesta -but it's usually some clown in one of these jeeps that nearly offs me -be it when I'm on the roundabout or when I'm at the entrance to it waiting for my turn to start onto it. Even when I'm cycling through the ****, broken glass, bus droppings and dirt of the gutter on the bridge itself i've nearly been run over or clipped as the feckin things are too big for the lanes.

We have laws that deal with who can drive tractors, JCBs, tanks etc... and I seriosly believe it's time we took this thing by the balls and said enough. We need Murderous VRT on the yokes (a poor mands tax I know but...), emissions tax, a 'dangerous vehicle' tax that punishes their lack of crumple zones, the law enforced relating to the bull bars (banned since 1988), dawn to dusk exclusion zones for the things, city center outright bans. ...the lot.

dcfcsteve
01/02/2005, 10:46 AM
I'm not a big fan of 4x4's, don't plan to own one at any point in my life, and would consider myself an environmentalist to a certain degree.

However - I do have to say that the whole 4x4 thing is as much a people-bashing trend as it is a genuine concern for the environment, safety etc. Why are only 4x4's being picked on ? High performance sports cars drink as much if not more fuel and are more often than not driven in a more reckless fashion by their even more irritating owners. So where's the arguements that Ferrari's, high-spec Porsches, Lambourghinis etc should only be driven round race tracks and not town centres ? They're even more impractical for the slow slog of city driving than 4x4's are ! What about big-drinkers like Rolls Royces, Jaguars, RV's (Residential Vehicles, like Winnebagos), little-used buses etc.

I'm guessing 4x4's are getting picked-on purely becuase they're financially accesible to a significant number of the population - hence there's a relatively high number of them around. They're much more affordable than performance sports cars, but have a fashion/status association that bridges the gap between then and normal family cars.

If the current trend to 'attack' 4x4 owners is the start of a genuine concern regarding what people drive, then it is to be welcomed, and one would expect the 'campaigners' to progress onto other questionable modes of personal transport afterwards. However, I fear it is not, that they therefore won't, and that it will as a consequence reveal itself to be nought but an exercise in bashing people who have the cheek to use choice of vehicle to try to visibly elevate themselves socially above the hoi polloi, without having the financial ability to pull it off convincingly by buying a genuinely aspirational vehicle.

Peadar
01/02/2005, 10:53 AM
I'd sell my soul for an X5 (http://www.bmw.ie/sausage/templates/bmwv2/images/configurator/X5_Sports_utility_vehicle_front.jpg)!

I'd be nice to cyclists and pedestrians though. ;)

Roo69
01/02/2005, 10:55 AM
Apparently SUV (might as well use yankie term) sales up 37% from last year.

I hates them (excluding genuine rural purposes) & would be surprised if most urban drivers of them are actual own them as as domestic vehicles as opposed to some tax write off.

Biggest I seen in Ireland was Ford Explorer which not sold here so had to be imported.

No need for them unless for work as stated in above posts. I've seena few Hummers believe it or not around the place. they loos just silly driving around the roads, especially in bleedin' Bray :eek:

Macy
01/02/2005, 10:56 AM
Sports cars, jags etc aren't as dangerous as the suv's as they aren't as big as heavy. I'd fancy coming out alright of a crash with a porshe in my little hatch back (even my piece of shít coke can one), but I'd be in trouble with suv.

However, I stand by my motor tax policy - there's no need for engines above 2.5 litres in this country in any domestic motor, so double the road tax every 100cc above that.

Lionel, maybe it's just me, but I actually fine cyclists worse drivers than suv drivers. Only in the case of cyclists, it's always the motorist that is to blame without fail - even if they're going through lights, on and off pavements, pulling out without looking etc etc...

monutdfc
01/02/2005, 10:57 AM
High performance sports cars .... are more often than not driven in a more reckless fashion by their even more irritating owners.

As a cyclist and a driver I would disagree with that statement.
As a driver, 4x4s are up there with white vans as the drivers with the least respect for other vehicles.
As a cyclist, 4x4s come a very close third to Bus Eireann drivers (note, Dublin Bus drivers are ok) and females in small cars with zero spatial awareness as the drivers with zero respect for cyclists. One git in an Offaly reg Pajero pulled an unbelievable stunt on me the other week.
As a pedestrian, the parking habits of many 4x4 drivers show no respect for people in wheelchairs, prams, pushchairs etc.

ps my advice to Lionel is to swallow your pride and belief in the rights of all road users, get off the bike and negotiate that roundabout via the nearest pedestrian crossings, if it really is that dangerous. I have found over the years that a patient approach to cycling is safer and better for your blood pressure too.

$Leon$
01/02/2005, 11:01 AM
. I've seena few Hummers believe it or not around the place. they loos just silly driving around the roads, especially in bleedin' Bray :eek:

hummers are the chosen vehicle of the american army.
used as both defensive and offensive vehicles.
bray can be a dangerous place especially after dark.
donn't blame them myself for havin hummers round bray.

don't agree with the suv's myself the thought of bull bars and the damage they can do makes me sick.

pass a well known south county dublin girls school on my way to college in the morn and all u can c is q's of black cx90's lined up.
mounting a kerb is about as far off road as they go

Lionel Ritchie
01/02/2005, 11:04 AM
I'm not a big fan of 4x4's, don't plan to own one at any point in my life, and would consider myself an environmentalist to a certain degree.

However - I do have to say that the whole 4x4 thing is as much a people-bashing trend as it is a genuine concern for the environment, safety etc. Why are only 4x4's being picked on ? High performance sports cars drink as much if not more fuel and are more often than not driven in a more reckless fashion by their even more irritating owners. So where's the arguements that Ferrari's, high-spec Porsches, Lambourghinis etc should only be driven round race tracks and not town centres ? They're even more impractical for the slow slog of city driving than 4x4's are ! What about big-drinkers like Rolls Royces, Jaguars, RV's (Residential Vehicles, like Winnebagos), little-used buses etc.

I'm guessing 4x4's are getting picked-on purely becuase they're financially accesible to a significant number of the population - hence there's a relatively high number of them around. They're much more affordable than performance sports cars, but have a fashion/status association that bridges the gap between then and normal family cars.

If the current trend to 'attack' 4x4 owners is the start of a genuine concern regarding what people drive, then it is to be welcomed, and one would expect the 'campaigners' to progress onto other questionable modes of personal transport afterwards. However, I fear it is not, that they therefore won't, and that it will as a consequence reveal itself to be nought but an exercise in bashing people who have the cheek to use choice of vehicle to try to visibly elevate themselves socially above the hoi polloi, without having the financial ability to pull it off convincingly by buying a genuinely aspirational vehicle.
That's an interesting overview Steve. Did you write a paper on this or something? 'socio-economic phenomena and their counter movements-concern or begrudgery?' ;) .

Look mate - I just want to get home in one piece.
Should I buy one these things too? and then what happens when we all own one? do those who have the cheek to use choice of vehicle to try to visibly elevate themselves socially above the hoi polloi move on to Rigids, Artics or Panzers?

BTW I agree with you that Waahs in souped up Civics are a bloody nuicance -but you and I live in virtually identical sized cities. How many Ferraris are you seeing around Derry? (1 I know of down here -1991 reg :rolleyes: )
Lams? (none I know of here), Porches (dunno -one hand count though).
But the SUVs down here are literally a virus with tyres.

Macy -as a road tax paying motorist (between cars at the mo') I have to in part agree with you about some cyclists -again particularly waahs -who've no concept of any rules of the road. But most cyclists behave as though they know that if there's an accident they'll come off worst.

Mon -get this -one of the busiest (peak time) roundabouts in the Limerick city area has only one pedestrian crossing :eek: -and it just happens to be at the last exit as you come off the bridge :rolleyes:

Peadar
01/02/2005, 11:07 AM
...I actually fine cyclists worse drivers than suv drivers.

...on and off pavements, pulling out without looking etc etc...

On my way home from work one evening I was supposed to be meeting Pete to go to a City game. A big dirty lánger came belting down the footpath on a mountain bike (probably stolen) and bashed straight into me, knocking me out into the busy street. (Capel St. in Dublin at 17:30)
I went over on my knee and it swelled up like a melon.
He was back on his bike and gone like a shot.
I missed the game which added to my pain.

As far as I know there's a law in Ireland which requires cyclists to dismount on pavements!?

At the time I wanted to buy a 4x4 and go after the yer man on his bike.

fosterdollar
01/02/2005, 11:14 AM
dcfcsteve:

I would imagine that environmental impact is only one of the reasons people have a dislike for the amount of 4x4's on the road. Certainly for me, it's a pretty small reason given the facts you outlined above. However, it is my opinion that the presence of so many of them on today's roads is going to lead to significant problems. Here are some reason i don't like them.

Like I mentioned, albeit in a slightly derogatory way, the use of them by parents for unnecessary trips over very short distances is quite evident every schoolday morning and evening. Every morning i have to endure painstakingly slow manoevres carried out by men and woman grappling with steering wheels, reversing forwards and backwards on fifty point turns trying their best not to hit any of the tiny kids with their monstrous tanks. It's pathetic. On any school holiday, the same journey is a joy to drive given the absence of said 4x4's.

It is well known that many people (women in particular) find that 4x4's/SUV's/etc afford them a more authoritive position on the road. This being a reason for using them is an example of their potential danger.

Fair enough they don't consume fuel at the same rate as high capacity sports cars or luxury cars. However, as you say, there are far more of them around. Now it is the case that most of the 4x4's are diesel engined. Diesel engines produce much larger quantities of PM10's (particular matter less than 10 microns in diameter - highly damaging to human respiratory systems) which is cannot be removed by catalytic converters (in fact, cc's actually are responsible for more of these being produced by engine emissions). The increased presence of 4x4's, trucks, vans, etc on urban streets/roads mean that the contribution to air pollution in these areas is made up for the most part by these vehicles.

dcfcsteve
01/02/2005, 11:41 AM
I take everyone's points above, and as I said I'm no lover of 4x4's. But I'm also no lover of hypocrisy....

Where was everyone's heart-felt concern for vehicle emissions, road safety, and the driving of kids to school in ANY private motorised vehicle (they all add to congestion...) prior to the recent onslaught of SUV's ? SUV's don't help any of the above, but they're by no means solely - or even primarily - responsible either. All of the above 3 problems (emissions, road safety, school-run congestion) existed prior to the growth in 4x4 ownership. All of the above 3 problems would still exist even if 4x4's were banned tomorrow....

The fact that there was little openly-expressed populist concern about these 3 issues (particularly emissions) prior to the recent SUV-bashing raises obvious questions. Ireland has consistently one of the worst road safety records in Europe for feck sake - yet we all only sit up and demand action when it comes to a particular type of vehicle ? Driving your kid 2 miles to and from the school gate every day in a Golf Estate is ok then with regards emissions and congestion, just as long as you don't dare do so in an SUV...?

Anyone care to explain how the stance of the public on 4x4's - and as evidenced via this board it is a very populist issue - can not justifiably be labelled hypocrisy ? Are we all (myself included) genuinely doing our best to reduce congestion and emissions and to promote road safety ? I drove 2 miles to the gym last night as it was feckin' cold. Sure - it was 9pm, the roads were empty, and I drove safely. But it still shows that I'm not genuinely doing my bit.....

fosterdollar
01/02/2005, 11:49 AM
All of the above 3 problems (emissions, road safety, school-run congestion) existed prior to the growth in 4x4 ownership. All of the above 3 problems would still exist even if 4x4's were banned tomorrow....

This thread is about 4x4's and the issues people have with them. That's why I'm commenting on them anyway. Start another thread about other road users if you want to talk about people's peeves with them. As i said earlier, 4x4's are contributing to the problems as a group more than, say, scooters or mid range family cars (neither of which I am connected with). That is why the authorities in cities like Paris are seriously proposing a ban on 4x4 type vehicles from the city centres.

dcfcsteve
01/02/2005, 12:00 PM
This thread is about 4x4's and the issues people have with them. That's why I'm commenting on them anyway. Start another thread about other road users if you want to talk about people's peeves with them. As i said earlier, 4x4's are contributing to the problems as a group more than, say, scooters or mid range family cars (neither of which I am connected with). That is why the authorities in cities like Paris are seriously proposing a ban on 4x4 type vehicles from the city centres.

Again - I can understand people have genuine concerns about 4x4's, as indeed I do.

But the very issues we're all concerned about with 4x4's are not limited solely to those types of vehicles. To only complain about road safety, emissions, congestion, height-above-road etc in the context of 4x4's - whilst completely ignoring the other 95+% of vehicles which contribute VASTLY more in real terms towards the areas of concern that people have with 4x4's, is therefore at best following a trend, at medium miopia, and at worst hypocrisy.

dahamsta
01/02/2005, 12:06 PM
Baby steps dcfcsteve, baby steps. If we don't take baby steps, we'll never learn to walk*. If we go with that logic, we might as well throw Kyoto out the window because America isn't a signatory.

adam

* Euphemism for "teach americans not to be selfish b*stards".

fosterdollar
01/02/2005, 1:15 PM
But the very issues we're all concerned about with 4x4's are not limited solely to those types of vehicles. But the very issues we're all concerned about with 4x4's are not limited solely to those types of vehicles.

Agreed but it happens to be 4x4's we're talking about here and, in fairness, they seem to be a rather significant contributor to the issues.

pete
01/02/2005, 1:41 PM
I wouldn't object to SUVs on environmental grounds although i do think the tax system of clasifying vehicles on engine size is long outdated & should be changed to emissions or else even better dump road tax & just tax through fuel.

Bullbars have absolutely no purpose besides dragging sheep through bogs or something. Maybe i got the term incorrect but cars are made so that can deflect the pedestrian at a certain angle. If someone hit me with ballbars & was lucky enough to survive i'd "sue their ass" as the yanks would say.

Bluebeard
01/02/2005, 3:09 PM
If someone hit me with ballbars & was lucky enough to survive i'd "sue their ass" as the yanks would say.
:eek: There's a thought :eek:

dcfcsteve
01/02/2005, 3:49 PM
Baby steps dcfcsteve, baby steps. If we don't take baby steps, we'll never learn to walk*. If we go with that logic, we might as well throw Kyoto out the window because America isn't a signatory.

adam

* Euphemism for "teach americans not to be selfish b*stards".

But that's my point dahamsta -it's not part of anything wider !

If 4x4's got banned tomorrow we wouldn't hear another word on any of these issues of immense concern from the vast majority of people who've taken umbrage towards 4x4's. Because the simple fact is that they don't want to hear that their own wee motorised modus transportus is also an offender on the very issues they claim concern them about 4x4's. Just like we didn't hear anything from them before 4x4's became a popular whipping boy/vehicle. This isn't an issue that is going to suddenly awaken the slumbering masses to Ireland's woeful road safety record and our contribution to global warming.

So it's not 'baby steps' as part of a journey towards something - it's a single foot down, end of story. 4x4's are easily to vilify, because there's a significant number of them without them being too numerous, they tend to be in the hands of well-off people, and they are very damaging environmentally and in terms of fatalities during accidents. But if they were banned tomorrow, do you honestly believe the masses would move onto another target in their quest for lower emissions, safer roads, less congestion, better parking etc etc ? No - because the next steps down from 4x4's involve the very type of vehicles that Joe Average drives, and they don't want to hear about it when it starts to impact them.....

dahamsta
01/02/2005, 4:00 PM
If 4x4's got banned tomorrow we wouldn't hear another word on any of these issues of immense concern from the vast majority of people who've taken umbrage towards 4x4's.Can I borrow your time machine this weekend Steve?

But if they were banned tomorrow, do you honestly believe the masses would move onto another target in their quest for lower emissions, safer roads, less congestion, better parking etc etc ? No - because the next steps down from 4x4's involve the very type of vehicles that Joe Average drives, and they don't want to hear about it when it starts to impact them.....Tell that to all the Californians (and Irish people, there's one in Cork!) driving the Toyota Prius.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I drive a 2.5 litre beemer that sucks down about €70 worth of petrol a month (and I hardly drive the effing thing!), so I'm just as bad as the rest of them. But I think you're reaching a bit there with the predictions tbh. I think it's quite likely that, sooner rather than later, we'll follow in the footsteps of places like California. Where it's trendy to drive a hybrid or even fully-electric car.

adam

monutdfc
01/02/2005, 4:05 PM
they are very damaging environmentally and in terms of fatalities during accidents.
2 reasons to place limitations on their use.
Driving 4x4s / SUVs is selfish in terms of environmental damage. They cause a lot more environmental damage than a Ford Fiesta - FACT.
You don't seem to get environmentally sensitive policies. It is not about going after everything that causes environmental damage. It is about limiting things that cause excessive environmental damage, but at the same time educating people to change their ways. Although in Ireland we have to encourage people to change their ways - the plastic bag tax etc. - because, as you say, the masses don't want to change when it impinges on their life. If the government was serious about meeting our Kyoto targets there are a lot of things they could do to incentivise people to leave the car at home, drive more environmentally sound cars etc. But, you know what, the cars that Average Joe drives are not as environmentally damaging (and even if it's only by a small degree every bit matters when multiplied by all the cars on the road), and environmentally sound policies do not necessarily mean banning cars altogether.

dcfcsteve
01/02/2005, 4:15 PM
2 reasons to place limitations on their use.
Driving 4x4s / SUVs is selfish in terms of environmental damage. They cause a lot more environmental damage than a Ford Fiesta - FACT.
You don't seem to get environmentally sensitive policies. It is not about going after everything that causes environmental damage. It is about limiting things that cause excessive environmental damage, but at the same time educating people to change their ways. Although in Ireland we have to encourage people to change their ways - the plastic bag tax etc. - because, as you say, the masses don't want to change when it impinges on their life. If the government was serious about meeting our Kyoto targets there are a lot of things they could do to incentivise people to leave the car at home, drive more environmentally sound cars etc. But, you know what, the cars that Average Joe drives are not as environmentally damaging (and even if it's only by a small degree every bit matters when multiplied by all the cars on the road), and environmentally sound policies do not necessarily mean banning cars altogether.

So let's ban 4x4's, and then do nothing when their drivers switch instead to less fuel efficient cars like top-of-the-range Jags, Rollers etc etc (they're hardly gonna trade down to a Ford Fiesta, are they ?) ? Good ploy. That's the danger in having an isolated policy/approach to these things - you can more often than not cause more damage than good. And public/media dislike of 4x4's is an isolated policy - there is no comment made on any other form of popular motorised transport being negative. Get rid of 4x4's and all will be good and safe on our roads and our planet....

As I've stated before, I consider myself an environmentalist, so I buy into what everyone is saying. And I have concerns about 4x4's and I alos think there should be controls on them (would love to see them banned form the centre of London). But what I also have concerns about is every tabloid-reading feck in the country suddenly taking a view on road saftey, congestion, emmissions etc just to justify their dislike of 4x4's and their drivers, when we all know hand-on-heart that they don't really give a monkeys about it all.....

$Leon$
01/02/2005, 7:40 PM
my reasons for dislikin the things is more road safety than emmissions.
if smaller engines are properly designed they can produce alot of power america just doesn't seem to have copped on to this yet

dahamsta
01/02/2005, 11:51 PM
America has copped it, it's just a matter of laziness and penny-pinching over there really. The American auto industry is incredibly slow to change, and will battle change at every available opportunity.

adam

lopez
02/02/2005, 10:15 AM
I absolutely hate 4x4s and the c*nts who drive them. :mad: Suddenly they think they've got a tank and drive around without any consideration for others. A mate of mine's sister-in-law hit one head on and ended up with a leaking car battery on her lap and struggling to walk since. All the b*stard that done this was worried about was his laptop. Slap a 5K 'w*nkers tax' on all those except bona fide (big or small) farmers, and make it mandatory to remove all seat belts so that these people drive around more safely and put a big tit on top so everyone can see them coming.

Pat O' Banton
02/02/2005, 10:19 AM
I absolutely hate 4x4s and the c*nts who drive them. :mad: Suddenly they think they've got a tank and drive around without any consideration for others. A mate of mine's sister-in-law hit one head on and ended up with a leaking car battery on her lap and struggling to walk since. All the b*stard that done this was worried about was his laptop. Slap a 5K 'w*nkers tax' on all those except bona fide (big or small) farmers, and make it mandatory to remove all seat belts so that these people drive around more safely and put a big tit on top so everyone can see them coming.

I said on another thread that I would be voting Independent Working Class Alliance, but, with these type of policies, if your thinking of standing you can count on my support. :)

lopez
02/02/2005, 10:25 AM
I said on another thread that I would be voting Independent Working Class Alliance, but, with these type of policies, if your thinking of standing you can count on my support. :)If you do, you'll be following in the esteemed footsteps of many notable former socialists - Benny Mussolini, Ossie Moseley, the Strasser brothers, Joselito PdeR - who ended up seeing that fascism is ultimately the best policy. ;) Cara al sol con la camiiiiiiiisa nueeeeeeevaaaa!!! :eek:

Lionel Ritchie
02/02/2005, 10:30 AM
first dibs on director of elections job! :)

Pat O' Banton
02/02/2005, 10:47 AM
If you do, you'll be following in the esteemed footsteps of many notable former socialists - Benny Mussolini, Ossie Moseley, the Strasser brothers, Joselito PdeR - who ended up seeing that fascism is ultimately the best policy. ;) Cara al sol con la camiiiiiiiisa nueeeeeeevaaaa!!! :eek:

(so them photos of you in the beret in Paris weren't just staged for the camera :eek: ) Lioniel your in for a treat as election agent.

Oh cheers as well, nobody has ever refered to me as a notable socialist before!

Peadar
02/02/2005, 11:02 AM
Lioniel your in for a treat as election agent.

He'll have to change his name to Lionel Hutz. :D