PDA

View Full Version : Invitation at the Oval

Stanley Chan
30/01/2005, 4:39 PM
Lads, as a glenman and part of the Internet Glentoran Supporters Club, a few of us would be up for a drink and maybe a bite to eat before the game at the Oval in the Setanta Cup.

I know its slightly early, but with it being the 1st match of the competition hopefully a few of you will take us up on the offer.

We normally meet in the Park Avenue Hotel, about 5 minutes walk from the ground. Its a friendly well maintained hotel and is a top spot for a bite to eat and few beers before the games. You will also not get any hassle in here!

If anyone is interested, in coming up give me a bell. Its just I seen you were talking of organising your bus and thought Id run it past you!!!

Hopefully some of you will take us up on the offer!

Stanley Chan
30/01/2005, 4:40 PM
Also, our supporters club shall be running a bus to the away match. Although no plans are set in stone yet, we are talking about leaving slightly early to do the same, have a bit of food and a few beers. If anyone could give us information on where to go it would be great. Also your more than welcome to join us for a few beers before the game for a bit of crack!

Ronnie
31/01/2005, 3:02 PM
Longford Town is quite small and all the pubs are reasonably close together. Flancare Pk is about 3 miles outa town, so its back on the bus for a trip out. I reckon your best bets early are Valentines or PV Fallons as they serve food, although the Tally Ho is a great Town supporters pub.

For the first game I'd say we'd send up a few buses, but no word yet.

Wiseguy
31/01/2005, 3:26 PM
Stanley Chan that is a very kind offer from yourself and i'm sure you will be taken up on it.As regards something to eat when you come to Longford.As Ronnie said Longford is quite small but it has a ok selection of eateries.The usual chippies if your interested and a couple of places doing barfood.The best places will be the Market Bar,PV's, & Escobar.These places serve food all day as opposed to other places which only have a lunch menu 12 - 3 crap.Good pubs to drink in would be Eamon Farrells,The Tally-Ho,PV's,The Anvil,Valentines and The Stillery.There is no real meeting place for Town supporters before the matches as some meet here and some meet there because the ground is outside of the town so keep an eye on the MB for where people are intending to meet up.Of course some of the LTFC folk reading this could make some kind of arrangements for you in a pub prior to your visit so when you arrive there might be some sandwiches & cocktail sausages for you but we'll wait and see.Flancare Park is a great ground and one of the best in the south.It has about 6500 seats but only 1500 are covered so fingers crossed for good weather.It's great place to watch a match as there are no obstructions plus our goal keeper is a great character and you will have a laugh with him.He's quite fond of doing the hokey cokey just ask the Shels fans.Any other info you require just ask and someone will help you.

Sonic
01/02/2005, 3:31 PM
There is no real meeting place for Town supporters before the matches .

who knows maybe the club bar under the stand will be up and running by then

Martinho II
01/02/2005, 3:34 PM
Stanley chan thanks for the offer I am personally up for meeting ye for a drink or two in belfast. Section O are travellling up by bus. I cant speak on behalf of section o what their plans are until i run the idea past them.

when ye play us in longford, why not pop into john joe reillys pub on killashee st. This is where the SectionO hardcore meet up before the game and after for post match discussions and for much needed chanting.Ye will be very welcome there.You wont get any food there but we have had visitors from other eircom leaguce clubs like st pats ,drogheda utd and ucd.It is a quiet pub but the best in town in my opinionfor meeting up there.

Look forward to seeing ye there, :D

Longfordian
01/02/2005, 3:44 PM
who knows maybe the club bar under the stand will be up and running by then

It may be open but there'll be no drinks licence in place by then, by the time all fire inspections and everything are done, the next licensing court will be May or June I think, but it may be open for tea and coffee and minerals etc., that's what the supporters club are hoping for anyway..We shall see

Stanley Chan
01/02/2005, 4:58 PM
Stanley chan thanks for the offer I am personally up for meeting ye for a drink or two in belfast. Section O are travellling up by bus. I cant speak on behalf of section o what their plans are until i run the idea past them.

when ye play us in longford, why not pop into john joe reillys pub on killashee st. This is where the SectionO hardcore meet up before the game and after for post match discussions and for much needed chanting.Ye will be very welcome there.You wont get any food there but we have had visitors from other eircom leaguce clubs like st pats ,drogheda utd and ucd.It is a quiet pub but the best in town in my opinionfor meeting up there.

Look forward to seeing ye there, :D

No problem, the games 6 weeks away so we have plenty of time to get soemthing sorted!

Like yourselves Im not sure what my supporters clubs plans are for the match in Longford. We're hopefully leaving slihgtly earlier so we can if not get a bite to eat, have a few pints before the game!

Ill keep you'se informed!

Stanley Chan
11/02/2005, 10:45 PM
Can someone give me an email address or some kind of contact info of the person Id deal with about this!

Starting to get the ball rolling so would appreciate getting in touch with some of your boys!

Thanks