PDA

View Full Version : Rock pubs dublin?

Neish
30/01/2005, 4:28 PM
Heading down to Dublin next weekend for the Kerbdog gig in Temple Bar Music centre and was wondering if there were any goog pubs or clubs which play good music(ie indy rock) and not usual karokee or pop? Prferably in the southside of the city or round Temple bar itself

gustavo
30/01/2005, 4:34 PM
im not too familiar with dublin but i do remember goin into a pub called bruxelles about 4 years ago near the centre which was good

exile
30/01/2005, 4:49 PM
bruxxelles is just off grafton st its not bad eamonn dorans is another in temple bar its called something else though now but still a rock bar

Troy.McClure
01/02/2005, 5:21 PM
Whealens on Wexford St is one of the best. The Foggy Dew next to the central bank isnt too bad either if you want a pint without being subjected to Justin Timberlake

Kingdom
01/02/2005, 5:27 PM
The foggy dew is good alright. Have never been to Whelans. Younger bro goes there all the time and he loves it. Always says the music is good.

carrickharp
02/02/2005, 7:07 AM
Bruxells would be you’re best bet, downstairs to the right good rock juke box and there is a DJ there some evenings. The Isaac Butt (beside the bus station) used to have Rock nights a while back. Whelan’s is OK but I wouldn’t call it a ‘rock bar’ I would recomend Bruxells.

fosterdollar
02/02/2005, 8:45 AM
The foggy dew is good alright. Have never been to Whelans. Younger bro goes there all the time and he loves it. Always says the music is good.

Whelan's seems to be losing its way though. Brian or Bryan (WGAF) McFadden was there recently pedalling his brand of ...er... cr@p

Troy.McClure
02/02/2005, 5:57 PM
Whelan's seems to be losing its way though. Brian or Bryan (WGAF) McFadden was there recently pedalling his brand of ...er... cr@p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I recon An Brog should open up a chain (or atleast have one in Dublin to suit me). The same goes for KC's (Mmmmmmmmmmmmm KC's) :o