First Division
Friday
Athlone Town - Cabinteely
Waterford United - Drogheda United

Saturday
Cobh Ramblers - Shelbourne
UCD - Limerick

-----------------------

Cork-Longford live on RTÉ2, Athlone-Cabinteely being shown live on Facebook, and UCD-Limerick is on FAI TV.

Nesta99
26/08/2016, 7:18 PM
Longford are a mess to state the obvious! The new manager injection of performance hasnt happened at all being 3 down by 26 minutes. Pressure on Dundalk to beat an awkward Youths onsidering the exertions this week!

redarmyfaction
26/08/2016, 7:18 PM
Longford should have kept Cousins.

GCdfc
26/08/2016, 7:20 PM
So does Caulfield no longer talk to RTE pitch side?

total hoofball
26/08/2016, 7:30 PM
Good to see Longford's hilariously idiotic appointment of Alan Mathews pay it's dividends so quickly

White Horse
26/08/2016, 7:51 PM
Cork have a great chance to wipe out Dundalks goal difference advantage.

pineapple stu
26/08/2016, 8:32 PM
I trust limerick are watching and learning from this masterpiece of defending.

Longford haven't played all that badly really. Though I only switched on at 3-0

Town Legend
26/08/2016, 8:54 PM
I agree lads. All those players Mathews signed during the week are no better than what Cousins signed!! Seriously! No one I've spoken to gave us a chance of been within 3 goals of Cork tonight. And if anyone thinks Cousins would of faired better need to look at our result down there earlier in the year.

White Horse
26/08/2016, 8:56 PM
Great three points away to Wexford, three days after a huge game in Warsaw.

Added benefit of Cork fluffing the chance of putting a major dent in the goal difference.

A good nights work.

Jofspring
26/08/2016, 9:04 PM
I trust limerick are watching and learning from this masterpiece of defending.

Longford haven't played all that badly really. Though I only switched on at 3-0

Too busy drawing with International teams :cool:

pineapple stu
26/08/2016, 9:14 PM
How very Cork-esque of ye.

bluewhitearmy
26/08/2016, 11:28 PM
Should have had a chance to win it but for a very dubious possible "Don't embarrass the international side" penalty decison.

MeathDrog
26/08/2016, 11:40 PM
Should have had a chance to win it but for a very dubious possible "Don't embarrass the international side" penalty decison.
Typical Oman. Always get the rub of the green off the officials.

Charlie Darwin
27/08/2016, 12:11 AM
Who were the trialists for Limerick?

Wasn't in Finn Park but great to see Boyd on the scoresheet again - the lad has done more in a few weeks than North did in 18 months.

ger121
27/08/2016, 12:11 AM
We are either on a great run or a terrible one this whole season. You just never know what to expect from us. Well Pat's do actually. More wins this season against them than last few seasons combined. Still **** all to play for though...

redarmyfaction
27/08/2016, 8:07 AM
Good to see Longford's hilariously idiotic appointment of Alan Mathews pay it's dividends so quickly
They have more to worry about than Matthews, according to Clr Brady on the radio this morning, the people of Longford are being terrorised by giant and ferocious pine martens, only a matter of time before childer are savaged or eaten he says.

Jofspring
27/08/2016, 5:18 PM

Wasn't in Finn Park but great to see Boyd on the scoresheet again - the lad has done more in a few weeks than North did in 18 months.

3 lemons from what we saw last night. Will be staying clear I imagine.

redarmyfaction
27/08/2016, 9:16 PM
Galway looked like they would win for a long time tonight at the Showgrounds, they defended well and looked dangerous every time they came forward, Raf Cretaro was the difference between the two teams and for once we scored rather than conceded in added time.

Charlie Darwin
27/08/2016, 9:47 PM
Two more dropped points for Derry. Sets up the game on Tuesday quite nicely.

sbgawa
28/08/2016, 8:05 AM

Even when he was fit north didn't have the pace and powe boyd has. He was fantastic against Wexford could have had a hat trick. ..deserved it and has been our best player with miele since fenlon left

NeverFeltBetter
28/08/2016, 5:50 PM
1-1 in the Bowl at HT. O'Flynn with the goal for Limerick

NeverFeltBetter
28/08/2016, 6:55 PM
Limerick win the First Division.

KeepersBall
29/08/2016, 9:51 PM
I agree lads. All those players Mathews signed during the week are no better than what Cousins signed!! Seriously! No one I've spoken to gave us a chance of been within 3 goals of Cork tonight. And if anyone thinks Cousins would of faired better need to look at our result down there earlier in the year. Must have missed that, who has he signed then ?

Charlie Darwin
29/08/2016, 11:22 PM
Woosh

Charlie Darwin
30/08/2016, 10:06 PM
Well that was interesting.

brendy_éire
30/08/2016, 10:17 PM
Well that was interesting.

I thought it was a great game to watch.

Both teams really went for it, and it was very close. Shocking amount of yellows (12?), but it wasn't a dirty game. Physical mostly.
Dreadful defending for Patterson's goal. A free header like that deserves to be punished. McEneff had a great oul battle with Hyland all night long, pulled off some great saves.
We were probably a bit fortunate in the end. Rovers came very close with balls across the box, though without really testing Doherty. Rovers could have had a penalty too for a handball, would like to see that again.

Great three points for us. Delighted with the result. We'll need to sharpen up at the back though.

patrickccfc
30/08/2016, 10:52 PM
Probably a good result for us that Derry beat rovers, puts us 6 points ahead of rovers and we have those 3 games in hand over Derry.

Had a few disappointing results recently but now we are scoring for fun, could've got more than 4 tonight and put a bigger dent in dundalks GD.

Would much prefer to be playing dundalk this Friday than not having any game

Charlie Darwin
30/08/2016, 11:17 PM
I thought it was a great game to watch.

Both teams really went for it, and it was very close. Shocking amount of yellows (12?), but it wasn't a dirty game. Physical mostly.
Dreadful defending for Patterson's goal. A free header like that deserves to be punished. McEneff had a great oul battle with Hyland all night long, pulled off some great saves.
We were probably a bit fortunate in the end. Rovers came very close with balls across the box, though without really testing Doherty. Rovers could have had a penalty too for a handball, would like to see that again.

Great three points for us. Delighted with the result. We'll need to sharpen up at the back though.
Yeah, it was entertaining. Bradley's style kind of lends itself to that, but on the other hand you get the sort of criminal defending that led to the goal. McEneff is some player - you'll do well to hang on to him. Still, I don't know how we didn't score at least once. Then again you could have had more too.

The handball was hilarious. Ref was handing out yellow cards like sweets but was afraid to make a real decision. Some absolutely bat**** offside calls for both sides too.

sbgawa
31/08/2016, 8:32 AM
no idea how we didn't score and the handball was blatant.
At least its entertaining since the manager changed.
A strong centreback signing for next season might make the difference.

The bookings were very soft amazing he didn't end up sending someone off.

vinnie
31/08/2016, 1:45 PM
I can't understand how there were 12 bookings in the match and no Red's, thought the Ref was a joke last night, booking players for great challenges and letting dodgy one's go frequently, he had no consistency at all, I actually think Derry's first 2 yellows were only because he didn't want to be seen to be too one sided, both were fine challenges by me (and I'm a retired Referee), ruined what could have been one of the games of the season

brendy_éire
31/08/2016, 3:55 PM
Some of the bookings were strange, and there was probably a bit of balancing up the cards done with regards to some of ours alright.
I don't think the ref actually wanted to send anyone off though. There were a few challenges (and a couple of shirt pulls, in particular) committed by players already booked, which didn't produce a second yellow. Seemed to have made up his mind to keep everyone on the pitch.

brendy_éire
31/08/2016, 4:05 PM
Highlights are here: https://youtu.be/ed0pvEngn6A?t=2m9s
All nine minutes of them.

The handball incident is at 4:20, though you can't tell much really.

wonder88
31/08/2016, 10:07 PM
The bit at the end shows great movement by Patterson leading up to the goal, maybe that is why he was unmarked.