PDA

View Full Version : Joe Quigley

TheOneWhoKnocks
23/08/2016, 9:07 PM
6 ft. 4 inches tall Bournemouth player who is on loan at Gillingham was due to link up with the Ireland U-21's, but has been ruled out for the rest of the season instead.

liamoo11
23/08/2016, 10:23 PM
Was he? McEneff from Derry is likely in it after his switch and I wonder if Rory hale at villa wil b in given his brother switched and Rory's Twitter is very republic centred. I always hope Crowley reappears when squads are named

CraftyToePoke
23/08/2016, 10:31 PM
Do you still think Crowley can impact ? He isn't in the Oxford team so far, and even tonight, fringe player night of the year, he only saw ten minutes.

tetsujin1979
23/08/2016, 11:59 PM
Do you still think Crowley can impact ? He isn't in the Oxford team so far, and even tonight, fringe player night of the year, he only saw ten minutes.
He came on and scored, what more do you want?

nigel-harps1954
24/08/2016, 12:05 AM

Maybe if he gave birth in the middle of the field? That would be impressive.

TheOneWhoKnocks
24/08/2016, 12:18 AM
I love the lad on YBIG who comes here, sees posts and then copies them almost verbatim over there - like he did with my original post.

Not copying and pasting articles mind, virtually copying and pasting other people's comments.

SkStu
24/08/2016, 12:32 AM
Maybe if he gave birth in the middle of the field? That would be impressive.

I would have gone with 2 goals but you hold others to a higher standard. :D

Charlie Darwin
24/08/2016, 1:39 AM
Was he? McEneff from Derry is likely in it after his switch and I wonder if Rory hale at villa wil b in given his brother switched and Rory's Twitter is very republic centred. I always hope Crowley reappears when squads are named
McEneff will only be eligible for a couple more games (assuming his switch has gone through already) so don't know if he'll be in. Presume he switched because he plans on moving to England and making the full squad.

CraftyToePoke
24/08/2016, 1:44 AM

Get in the side for league games, hold his place, in a L1 side with four points from four league games & a minus GD having lost their two better and indeed similar players in O'Dowda & Roofe in the close season, things like that Tets. Lets see if after his injury time consolation when 4-1 down he makes the managers thoughts for Saturday. It should be doable & I hope he does.

tetsujin1979
24/08/2016, 11:38 AM
I love the lad on YBIG who comes here, sees posts and then copies them almost verbatim over there - like he did with my original post.

Not copying and pasting articles mind, virtually copying and pasting other people's comments.
are you complaining that he copied your posts, or that he didn't cite the posts as a source?

liamoo11
24/08/2016, 6:45 PM
Get in the side for league games, hold his place, in a L1 side with four points from four league games & a minus GD having lost their two better and indeed similar players in O'Dowda & Roofe in the close season, things like that Tets. Lets see if after his injury time consolation when 4-1 down he makes the managers thoughts for Saturday. It should be doable & I hope he does.

in fairness if he does not commit to us now can't see it ever happening. He is really low profile now at Oxford couldnt make the under 19 euro squad and nowhere near there 21 s which all adds up to becoming one of us!

TheOneWhoKnocks
11/03/2017, 1:28 PM
Is set to be named in a provisional squad for our U-21's.

He starts against Scunthorpe this afternoon.

DannyInvincible
17/03/2017, 10:56 AM
Noel King on Quigley (via Dan McDonnell): http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/king-denies-wrongdoing-as-row-over-recruitment-of-northern-players-rumbles-on-35535925.html

Ireland have recruited 20-year-old attacker Joe Quigley who is on loan at Gillingham from Bournemouth.

"He's one for the future, I don't know if you'd call him prolific but he likes to be in the box," said King.

Olé Olé
08/04/2017, 3:44 PM
Big Joe Quigley with a goal today for Gillingham against Millwall. His first for the Gills.

Little article here that he wrote for Kent Online:http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/the-shouting-men-with-joe-123563/

It was nice to get the recent international call-up for Republic of Ireland’s under-21s.My dad’s parents are both Irish, from Dublin. I went over a fair bit when I was younger and it was nice to go back over the other day. My family all went to watch the game against Kosovo and it was good.

samhaydenjr
09/04/2017, 2:39 AM
Big Joe Quigley with a goal today for Gillingham against Millwall. His first for the Gills.

Little article here that he wrote for Kent Online:http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/the-shouting-men-with-joe-123563/

That's good to hear - might be worth watching his progress over the next twelve months.

TheOneWhoKnocks
09/04/2017, 5:39 PM
I hope he progresses more than McAlinden, Wilkinson and McDonagh. The latter didn't even make the bench for Cambridge at the weekend.

It's hard to tell these lads apart. They all look like they would be more suited to playing rugby.

Olé Olé
09/04/2017, 9:01 PM
I hope he progresses more than McAlinden, Wilkinson and McDonagh. The latter didn't even make the bench for Cambridge at the weekend.

It's hard to tell these lads apart. They all look like they would be more suited to playing rugby.

Jesus Christ man. McDonagh turned 19 a couple of months ago.

liamoo11
09/04/2017, 9:58 PM
To be fair to town mcdonagh wasnt able to make the 19s squad this season in a side that lacked strikers so bit fanciful to be thinking of him as senior international in the near future

tetsujin1979
08/08/2017, 2:09 PM
Reportedly in talks with Blackpool over a move: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15458274.Blackpool_in_talks_with_Cherries_pair/

samhaydenjr
08/11/2017, 1:41 AM
Currently on loan at Newport County, where he got an assist in a 2-1 defeat to Cheltenham in the EFL Trophy tonight:https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2017/november/report-home-vs-cheltenham-checkatrade-trophy/