PDA

View Full Version : A night for Alex Lee

outspoken
19/08/2016, 2:08 AM
Sadly I only came across this article today as the fundraiser is tomorrow meaning there won't be much time to spread the word but when i read this article and found out that Mervue United player Alex Lee had suffered such a serious leg break playing for his club that he had to have his leg amputated I was shocked and horrified. Alex played over 100 times in the FD for Mervue and was part of that brilliant 2014 squad that almost got to the play off final. Without a doubt the best game of football I ever witnessed at CCS was our second leg play off final against them which we won on penalties. The football they played that night under Johnny Glynn was some of the best I've seen in the FD and the entire main stand stayed back to applaud Mervue off the pitch that night. Anyway, getting back on topic there is a benefit night for Alex on in Galway and there's some incredible sporting memorabilia been put up for auction from teams like Real Madrid and different sports people like Pauric Harrington. Everyone should make the effort to share this online and hopefully there will be loads of bids made to help Alex Lee. Full details here - http://www.punditarena.com/irish-football/sokeefe/night-alex-lee-mervue/

Martinho II
20/08/2016, 1:34 AM
Sadly I only came across this article today as the fundraiser is tomorrow meaning there won't be much time to spread the word but when i read this article and found out that Mervue United player Alex Lee had suffered such a serious leg break playing for his club that he had to have his leg amputated I was shocked and horrified. Alex played over 100 times in the FD for Mervue and was part of that brilliant 2014 squad that almost got to the play off final. Without a doubt the best game of football I ever witnessed at CCS was our second leg play off final against them which we won on penalties. The football they played that night under Johnny Glynn was some of the best I've seen in the FD and the entire main stand stayed back to applaud Mervue off the pitch that night. Anyway, getting back on topic there is a benefit night for Alex on in Galway and there's some incredible sporting memorabilia been put up for auction from teams like Real Madrid and different sports people like Pauric Harrington. Everyone should make the effort to share this online and hopefully there will be loads of bids made to help Alex Lee. Full details here - http://www.punditarena.com/irish-football/sokeefe/night-alex-lee-mervue/

very sad to hear this Outspoken.Sorry to burst your bubble but it was the 2013 side that came to us in the playoffs!

disgruntled
20/08/2016, 11:55 AM

I wish the lad well & hope there's a good turnout
Very sad to see someone suffer in this way.

very sad to hear this Outspoken.Sorry to burst your bubble but it was the 2013 side that came to us in the playoffs!

Nice to see you got your priorities right :rolleyes:

outspoken
20/08/2016, 12:11 PM
I wish the lad well & hope there's a good turnout
Very sad to see someone suffer in this way.

Nice to see you got your priorities right :rolleyes:

Some really fantastic memrobolia and sporting things up for auction. I see even John Delaney gave 2 corporate boxes as an auction item so fair play to him for once. Cheque for over 2000 presented before the Galway game last night as well. I threw up a signed jersey I had for years there today hoping it will even catch 20 euro. Seems like the night is going to be a great success. Best of luck to alex.