PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Keane to Newcastle

colster
28/01/2005, 1:05 PM
Heard from a good source that Keane is in discussion with Newcastle.

Hibs4Ever
28/01/2005, 1:11 PM
Heard from a good source that Keane is in discussion with Newcastle.

Heard this myself about half hour ago from a very good source, he definitely wants out of Spurs

TheJamaicanP.M.
28/01/2005, 1:48 PM
Im surprised to hear this but it might not be a bad move. Shearer is getting on in years, Kluivert hasnt set the world on fire, and Shola Ameobi is similar to them in that he is a tall, centre-forward type player. Bellamy looks like he's on his way out and this may pave the way for Robbie. With Shay Given, Andy O'Brien and Steve Carr already at Newcastle, Robbie wont be on his own.

I wonder has Robbie been told that he wont feature in Martin Jol's long-term plans? He has been getting lots of games recently, but himself and Defoe are the only recognised strikers who have been fit. With the signing of 2 new strikers this week and the imminent return of Kanoute, Keane might want out.

hudhastings
28/01/2005, 2:07 PM
Heard this myself about half hour ago from a very good source, he definitely wants out of Spurs

just wondering what source

Eire06
28/01/2005, 2:26 PM
Between the Man City, liverpool and now Newcastle rumors there must be somethin up.. no smoke without fire and all...

He must defo want out or they want him out..

Eirambler
28/01/2005, 4:57 PM
Bellamy is on his way to Birmingham for £6m which will give them money to spend (Competition for Morrison, I presume Steve Bruce will play him as a striker seeing as that was what the row was about).

Haven't heard anything concrete about Keane though

Pat O' Banton
28/01/2005, 5:10 PM
BBC Radio 5 Live have just reported that Graeme Souness has said Craig Bellamy will never play for Newcastle again as long as he is manager.
So the situation is: Shearer is retiring, Bellamy is leaving and the other two are borderline useless.
Throw in the fact that Spurs have just landed the two new boys and it looks like Robbie is off to yet another club. Nothing like a signing on fee eh . . . ?

Yeah he must have been at Sperz for all of two years now, he must think that he's due a testomonial from them.

Slash/ED
28/01/2005, 6:45 PM
While I don't want to see Keane moving, it's a far better prospect than the rumour of him going to Man City at least. It doesn't suprise me Newcastle would want him at this stage anyway.

dr_peepee
28/01/2005, 7:41 PM
I'd love to see him at Newcastle, especially if Shearer decides to delay his retirement. Or even if he decides to stay on in some coaching capacity. Between Shearer and Dean Saunders they could really improve his all round game. Duffer has already gone on record in saying dean saunders was a factor in improving his game after he arrived at Blackburn.

But on another site Sounnes has said that he 'thinks' he's finnished in the transfer market for the summer..... I don't know wheather that ws before or after they accepted the Birmingham bid for Ballamy though.

Slash/ED
28/01/2005, 7:46 PM
Probably before I mean they clearly need a striker, badly. Any club that plays Ameboi (sp?) is in trouble.

TheJamaicanP.M.
28/01/2005, 10:07 PM
Nothing like a signing on fee eh . . . ?

I wonder is Robbie's agent advising/persuading him to leave. Agents represent the darker side of the modern game. :mad:

eirebhoy
28/01/2005, 11:00 PM
I wonder is Robbie's agent advising/persuading him to leave. Agents represent the darker side of the modern game. :mad:
nah, think about his moves:

Wolves - Coventry: Up to the premiership
Coventry - Inter: A move to one of Europe's elite, too hard to resist for a 20 year old.
Inter - Leeds: New manager at Inter, hadn't got a choice.
Leeds - Spurs: Wasn't getting his game at Leeds.

4tothefloor
29/01/2005, 6:05 PM
A good source has told me that Liverpool are buying Joaqin, Pablo Aimar, Ledley King, Wayne Routledge, Reina and Solari for next season. Michael Owen is also returning....

:rolleyes: