PDA

View Full Version : Markets Field Final

bluewhitearmy
10/08/2016, 12:37 PM
Fantastic news that the final will be held in Limerick hopefully we get huge crowds like Harps last year.

sadloserkid
10/08/2016, 12:47 PM
Delighted to hear that. I can't wait. Should be a great occasion for the club regardless of the result and there's no reason not to believe we can have a proper crack off them too. Is it before or after the FAI Cup game actually? After I presume.

CraftyToePoke
10/08/2016, 1:49 PM
Delighted and surprised too that the FAI didn't take this chance to mess with us again, but great news. What an occasion for the club. Brilliant.

sadloserkid
10/08/2016, 1:52 PM
Delighted and surprised too that the FAI didn't take this chance to mess with us again, but great news. What an occasion for the club. Brilliant.

Shur Pats are the new black sheep. :D

CraftyToePoke
10/08/2016, 2:05 PM
Yeah, but they missed a sitter to screw us both over in one tap in :) maybe they are a touch nervous with all that's occurring ;)

sadloserkid
10/08/2016, 2:34 PM
Yeah, but they missed a sitter to screw us both over in one tap in :) maybe they are a touch nervous with all that's occurring ;)

The FAI are pleased to announce the NEW venue for the 2016 League Cup Final. The game will now be played on Tory Island. :p

BonnieShels
10/08/2016, 3:31 PM
The FAI are pleased to announce the NEW venue for the 2016 League Cup Final. The game will now be played on Tory Island. :p

It's Neutral. I'll give them that.

osarusan
10/08/2016, 3:44 PM
It's not in Athlone? Sure that's perfect.

Charlie Darwin
11/08/2016, 4:02 AM
For all the paranoia, this game was always going to be in Limerick. The FAI's coin tosses have been remarkably consistent in this regard.

bluewhitearmy
11/08/2016, 5:06 PM
Eir saying this will have a 5.30 kick off.

thomas72
11/08/2016, 10:05 PM
What an occasion this will be for Limerick fc and the city to host a cup final absolutely brilliant.
I just hope that the club starts selling tickets during our league games so the fans like us that has been home and away all season don't miss out.

Imo this game will sell in record time there is huge hype around this game all over the city even from people who don't go rregularly to games are bringing there family.
AFAIK tthe markets field capacity it in and around 3,000? Will the club do what they did with the finn harps games were I say there was the bones of 5k in the ground surely wouldn't get away with that again fai been there aswell health and safety and all that.
If the club carefully plans this we could make a killing for the coppers

harpin
30/08/2016, 11:02 AM
Any ticket news?

Jofspring
30/08/2016, 11:40 AM
Any ticket news?

Terrace tickets were on sale at Oman game.

Stand tickets going on sale first to Season Ticket Holders, Official Supporters Club Members and Blue Army Loyalty members. There is a huge demand for stand tickets so they are trying to have some organisation to it. Won't be able to keep everyone happy though.

harpin
30/08/2016, 12:29 PM
Are terrace tickets on sale at the moment so?

Jofspring
30/08/2016, 12:56 PM
Are terrace tickets on sale at the moment so?

Keep an eye on the clubs Facebook page. They will probably let you know where they can be got. I'd say they will be on sale inside the ground at the Waterford game also.

thomas72
30/08/2016, 5:30 PM
http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/214404/pat-o-sullivan-limerick-fc-has-great-chance-to-drive-on.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting interview that with POS especially the part about the club working on quality players to challenge dundalk and cork for next season looking like we got some decent money to spend.

Jofspring
30/08/2016, 10:48 PM
http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/sport/214404/pat-o-sullivan-limerick-fc-has-great-chance-to-drive-on.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting interview that with POS especially the part about the club working on quality players to challenge dundalk and cork for next season looking like we got some decent money to spend.

Hopefully but with next season nearly 6 months away I'd take that with a massive dose of salt.

Charlie Darwin
30/08/2016, 11:23 PM
Didn't he say the same thing last time you came up?

Jofspring
31/08/2016, 10:16 AM
Didn't he say the same thing last time you came up?

Ya he did and he spent a small fortune. It was just wasted. We were a decent enough team the first time we came up also and had one of the biggest budgets in the league but ultimately we didn't sign enough LOI experienced players.

topfan
31/08/2016, 5:40 PM
Will this also include LIFT members??

NeverFeltBetter
31/08/2016, 6:17 PM
That'd be lovely, but I doubt it.

Jofspring
31/08/2016, 7:28 PM
Ya sadly not. Just the ones listed above. The club are struggling to even meet the demand from the listed people already as they have to include tickets for sponsors and the FAI are taking a bunch also.

thomas72
08/09/2016, 10:50 AM
Anyone know the official capacity for the cup final iv heard 5000 heard 4200 which would be excellent considering I thought or capacity was 3200 there abouts so the question is how if rumours are true have we got permission to get nearly 2000 extra into the ground when health and safety gave the club 3200 just over a year ago?

Voice of Reason
08/09/2016, 12:02 PM
Hi Guys,

Do you know where terrace tickets are available from please?

Thanks,

The Voice.

topfan
08/09/2016, 12:39 PM
Galtee fuels in Castletroy.

bluewhitearmy
08/09/2016, 3:54 PM
Anyone know the official capacity for the cup final iv heard 5000 heard 4200 which would be excellent considering I thought or capacity was 3200 there abouts so the question is how if rumours are true have we got permission to get nearly 2000 extra into the ground when health and safety gave the club 3200 just over a year ago?

The grass banks and other parts of the ground were not open last year.

Jofspring
08/09/2016, 5:22 PM

As mentioned above you have the banks now and ball hoppers corner. Also there is now the big exit across from Garryowen Stores which allows for an easier exit for a bigger crowd. The building that stood there has also been demolished so more space there also.

The crowd can also be accommodated to enter through 4 entrances which probably helped:

The big get just up from the ticket office.
The turnstiles.
The new big gate across from Garryowen stores.
And the big gates over for the away fans.

The only issue I can see is if it is raining heavily then the bank may become unsafe.

blueblood
11/09/2016, 4:45 PM
Does anyone know when or where season ticket holders can collect stand tickets.

Market's Field
11/09/2016, 7:49 PM
Galtee Fuels in Castletroy. Need to have them booked at this stage.

Jofspring
11/09/2016, 7:58 PM
Does anyone know when or where season ticket holders can collect stand tickets.

Galtee Fuels in Castletroy. They have had notices up on Facebook and twitter on where to collect. I think they need to be collected by Tuesday at 5:30 so get out there asap and bring your season ticket. I was told to keep an eye on the page for information. They were available from last Thursday. Picked mine up on Friday.

blueblood
12/09/2016, 8:29 AM
Sound 👍

Jofspring
12/09/2016, 9:57 AM
According to today's leader capacity has been set at 4,300. No tickets as it stands will be on sale at the game.

sadloserkid
12/09/2016, 11:37 AM
I'm getting quite excited. :)

Voice of Reason
12/09/2016, 12:39 PM
According to today's leader capacity has been set at 4,300. No tickets as it stands will be on sale at the game.

Yes indeed Jofspring. On the Live 95 sports show on Saturday they gave the same capacity and said there were less than 1,000 tickets left. They recommended buying in advance. I got 4 at McMahon's Butchers!

bluewhitearmy
12/09/2016, 12:44 PM
Less than 200 left at this stage im told.

Jofspring
12/09/2016, 12:59 PM
Going to be some atmosphere. I take it Jerry O'Deas will be the place to be before kick off?

Voice of Reason
12/09/2016, 3:48 PM
Going to be some atmosphere. I take it Jerry O'Deas will be the place to be before kick off?

Are you buying?!!

thomas72
13/09/2016, 2:28 PM
Just been told there is just under 100 tickets left so if you know anyone that is planning to go and still hasn't got a ticket they need to get a move on

thomas72
17/09/2016, 6:42 PM
Unlucky limerick tonight had two great chances to finish pats with mulhall and that Kenny header was an absolute sitter.

The decision tonight by Martin Russell to drop Shane Tracy and play his owe son was nothing short of scandalous and it cost us in the end from min 10 he was getting roasted time after time been caught out of position constantly standing off his man giving him time to whip crosses in the whole stand could see the problem but good old Martin left him on for 90mins it was unbelievable.

Another thing I thought limerick are a full time club how did they run out of steam after just 65mins?

osarusan
17/09/2016, 7:25 PM
Tracy did have a nightmare at left full against Pats in the cup game, to be fair.

I would be more critical of Mulhall being replaced by O'Flynn. O'Flynn did nothing, and even if Mulhall was wrecked he could have done that.

I am not too concerned in some ways...we are cruising back to the Premier, and I don't think a failure to win the League Cup is a reason to sack a first division manager.

I would agree on the fitness levels though, but again, we're a first division team.

The real issue is how Russell deals with out glaring defensive shortcomings in the off season.

da bishop
17/09/2016, 7:42 PM
We did well to get to the final,overall a good night for limerick soccer despite defeat ,the fitness thing is ongoing Russell needs a backstage clearout next season .it was a masterclass by Buckley tonight,managed the team superbly over the 90mins....plenty player limitations shown up on our side of things and the premier will highlight these regularly if not addressed by the manager.however its been a great season and enjoyed the entertainment tonight.

Charlie Darwin
18/09/2016, 1:00 AM
Another thing I thought limerick are a full time club how did they run out of steam after just 65mins?
Because they've never needed to play past 65 minutes before.

Charlie Darwin
18/09/2016, 1:05 AM
The real issue is how Russell deals with out glaring defensive shortcomings in the off season.
You'd have to think he'll bite the bullet and get in an actual left-back instead of Tracy/Russell. Paudie O'Connor is going to be a great player and it's good to have an old pro like Williams beside him, but Williams himself isn't a Premier Division player. Hall is a great goalkeeper and has probably masked some of Limerick's inferiority in the Pats games.

osarusan
18/09/2016, 11:04 AM
Robbie Williams is actually a left full-back but has been playing at left centre because he's good enough to play there in the first division. This allows Russell or Tracy to fill in at left-full but neither of them are left fullbacks. Get a proper left centre back in to play alongside O'Connor, and the fullbacks would be Williams and Kelly. That would be ok even for the premier.

Our fullbacks were torn apart last night. Russell all night long, and after Kelly went off they got goals from the right hand side. It wasn't just an issue with the fullbacks though, they were asked to do too much in the second half as the rest of the team tired and we had less and less possession.

Charlie Darwin
19/09/2016, 1:36 PM
Williams might have been a full back a couple of years ago but not at his current weight.