PDA

View Full Version : Liam Kelly (M Feyenoord (loaned to Oxford) b.1995)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

mark12345
19/08/2019, 5:53 PM
90 minutes for Liam today in a 1-1 draw at home to Utrecht. Kelly and Crowley sitting on their hands while Switzerland pass around Jeff Hendrick?

Have to agree with this statement. I am hoping Hendrick doesn't play against the Swiss. He shows no authority in the middle of the park. Pity about Crowley and Kelly

Olé Olé
19/08/2019, 6:46 PM
It's great that Kelly has finally played a match but it probably won't be enough to elevate him straight into our starting line-up, no.

My comment was a bit blasé. I think that Hendrick should be dropped more than I think Crowley or Kelly deserves a start.

Diggs246
19/08/2019, 8:17 PM
Jeff and Robbie Brady have not played well in three years. I guess Brady is now finally dropped for Robinson. But Jeff will start against the swiss

DeLorean
23/08/2019, 10:02 AM
Hendrick will start, 100%. He was good in the home game against Georgia I thought. He should never be used in a two man midfield and definitely not with Hourihane as his partner.

DeLorean
04/10/2019, 10:15 AM
Not getting a look in at Feyenoord really. He's usually an unused sub but wasn't even in the squad for their win over Porto last night.

DeLorean
29/10/2019, 8:46 AM
Jaap Stam has resigned as Feyenoord manager - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50214732

On the face of it would probably seem like bad news for Kelly, but then he wasn't really getting a look-in anyway so hopefully he can impress the new manager instead.

mark12345
29/10/2019, 12:11 PM
Hendrick will start, 100%. He was good in the home game against Georgia I thought. He should never be used in a two man midfield and definitely not with Hourihane as his partner.

Definitely not with Hourihane and definitely not with Whelan and definitely not with several other candidates. Bottom line is Hendrick had a decent game against Georgia as you point out, but has played very poorly since.
That appears to be the norm for Ireland. You are allowed to have one good game in every seven or eight outings and that is enough for you to retain your place. I would not start Hendrick against Denmark - replace him with McCarthy despite his lack of playing time. Bring in Brady too. Mick really has to get his team selection right for this one - there is no room for error.

paul_oshea
29/10/2019, 2:40 PM
Well said, it would appear very short sighted now to have been pushing the hendrick has to start thing. Its like someone went and got a 5 minute montage of hendricks best bits for Ireland and decided well thats that then this guy is unplayable.

Perhaps thats what every manager sees of McClean when they come into the job too.

DeLorean
29/10/2019, 3:11 PM
Except nobody was pushing the Hendrick "has" to start thing, bar maybe Mick himself. I said Hendrick "will" start... and I was right. And he'll start again against Denmark.

Now, if somebody had predicted he'd never play in the Premier League, that would have been short-sighted. ;)

DeLorean
31/10/2019, 8:16 AM
Gonna resist a very tempting pun and just say Dick Advocate has taken over at Feyenoord - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50241789

Bielsa´s irish
11/12/2020, 12:57 AM
Where the heck is this guy up to? He was supossed to be the new great white hope after his glamour transferred to one of big teams in Europe. He is somehow a kind of Joe Pesci or sort of ..... if you know what I mean

5 ft 4 in (1.63 m) one of the smallest players around

he rejected a call upxfrom Martin for the senior panel, then he got vanished, after that he became strange case, just slipped his form